Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 140 thoughts/rate it

Go down 
+3
oggy420
Ludo
KingsOwn19
7 posters

well..
10- Best Evah
UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap0%UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9- Excellent, Highly memorable
UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap14%UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
8- Above average, some memorable content
UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap86%UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
7-Average
 0% [ 0 ]
6-OK, a bit underwheling
 0% [ 0 ]
5- UFC 135
 0% [ 0 ]
4- Meh
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Nothing
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck Dana
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Empty
PostSubject: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:21 am

I'll try to be more brief than usual since i got some work to do and im going to pretend not to put it off all night.

The card was good. All fight delivered in it's own special way except for maybe Ebersole/Patrick

The card was a 9. There is about 4-5 really memorable moments on this card, even a bad memory of Dragon going to sleep. That was a good fight.

FOTN: Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueiria
Knockout of the Night: Zombie
Submission of the Night: Frank Mir

Jon Jones vs. Dragon - It was a very good fight. Most of it was spent with both guys missing shots but it's like one of those sword fights in the movie where nobodey is landing but it's still entertaining watching these guys elude pretty good strikes. Dragon did a great job not letting Bones reach be a problem and he won that first round, so that was refreshing to see Bones drop a round. Dragon definitely faded. Poor conditioning is not a "if he didnt" excuse(unless your BJ Penn), you either have it or you don't and Dragon was breathing hard and becoming wild in the second round. Thats when he starts getting hit. He should remained patient but i think Bones had better conditioning tonight so the longer the fight went the more i thought Bones would take over. Machida jumped right into the punch, at that point Bones could have finished him any way he wanted to..Lyoto was pretty much out of it. Good, competitive fight though. Jones best win to date. It's amazing how matchups make fights. Shogun appears to be superior to Machida head to head but Machida is a better matchup for Jones on any night than Shogun. I'm glad Machida had his moments in the fight and didnt let the reach be a problem for him...just one he got hurt and tired he become way too sloppy and Machida needs to be patient and stick to a plan unless he has somebody hurt. Not a bad post fight interview

Mir-Nog..fuckin WOW. No other way to put it. If Mir gets a hold of your arm in that kimura. It's over. A tap is no less embarrasing that having your arm turned into rubber. I thought Mir was done for sure, i was yelling at them to stop the fight..but he pulled it out. Best fight of the night. It was kind of a vintage Frank Mir fight. We been seeing him do this stand up shit for too long you forget he's ruthless on the mat when he isolates a limb. Very classy was Mir in the post fight interview.

Ortiz-Nog...kind of surprised. Not by the winner but i didnt think lil nog had such a dominating performace against a fighter like Ortiz left in him and he shut me up. Totally fucked up Tito. When he landing those body shots from the top, i was like "those arent doing nothing"...but when they showed them on the replay in slow motion, those fuckin shots were brutal. Big win for Nog.

Before the Ebersole-Patrick fight my brother called me and said he orded the event so i drove over to his house. I didnt get their until the third round..but i guess another nice win for Ebersole.

Hominick-Jung- Pure definition of a guy getting caught. I personally think Hominick would whoop Zombie on most night but he walked into one. Shit happens.

A lot of good finishes on the prelims

It's one of those short night of fights but with MMA, sometimes less is more. I'll give up an hour for pure excitement and that is what this card was. This was like UFC's version of Strikeforce: Hendo-Babalu..only the fights were more evenly matched but similar with so many great finishes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

8/10

Mir snapping Big Nog's arm was sick.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 am

I give it an 8 too.

Mir taking Nog's arm home with him is probably the second most memorable moment we've seen all year. Nobody has ever come close to submitting Minotauro like that, and where most guys probably would have held back out of respect for a legend Mir went for the kill like he always does with Submissions.

Cholish had a great showing tonight. Excellent scrambling ability.

Phillapou did pretty much what he does best. Props to Hamman though for hanging in there as long as he did.

Makdessi needs to learn to cut weight. Didn't he come in at like 148lbs or some shit? Fight at bantamweight.

I really overestimated Lentz' takedown defense and underestimated Bocek's size and strength advantage. While Lentz had the only truly great offense in the fight Bocek neutralized him pretty much from bell to bell. That said Lentz needs to learn a submission other than the guillotine and Bocek needs to learn to pass guard with some other method than swimming over a leg while not using his hands.

Hominick had no respect for Jung and he paid for it. He was obviously fired up though probably concerning the Shawn Thompkins death but he shouldn't have come out so crazy like.

Ebersole's fight went about as expected.

Tough break for Attonito. Those elbows were vicious though.

Davis Louiseau vs Paul Daley was a decent fight. Jabouin needs to hurry his ass up and learn some submission defense. Both times he took Walel down tonight he almost immediately got subbed afterward. If Walel knew what in the fuck he was doing he'd have gotten the top twice tonight. Walel is going to be tough for any striker at 135.

Tito is done. Just hang'em up dude.

That choke was fucking sick by Jones. I'm just glad he didn't pull any stupid shit that made My irrational hate gain momentum. We finally saw him challenged and he handled it well.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 am

man it was tough for me to watch Mir snap Big Nog's arm like that. I say make Cain vs Mir right fucking now
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 am

Mir will still get clinch raped by anyone with any kind of strong clinch game. We've seen it now with everybody since Carwin except Nelson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:13 am

Awesome card.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 am

Didn't see it.

Was hoping to catch the vid's this morning, but could not find em. Linker didn't even have broken links. Nothing at all. So I just read about it.

I may have went to a bar, except it was the companies christmas party so that was out.

PPV has to end. I think #'s for this fight are going to be super soft.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

I'd say 8 too. There wasn't a fight on the main card that sucked. Mir/Nog I thought was an incredible fight, and would be if they fight 10 more times.

Bones is ridiculous. Thought for a bit he may be in trouble but he is just a monster. Great card.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Solid 8. Made chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 am

good card, i'll give that a healthy 8.

good job that wasn't on fox, i'm not sure what the conservatives would have made of nog getting his arm ripped off and machida being throttled within an inch of his life hahaha.

i thought hecht desrved an honourable mention. that elbow was as precise a one shot knockout as you'll ever see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 140 thoughts/rate it   UFC 140 thoughts/rate it Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 140 thoughts/rate it
Page 1 of 1