Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate

Go down 
+8
timthebim
MMAEYES
killerofchicken
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
12 posters

UFC 146 Thoughtd/Rate
10- Best Eva
UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_lcap8%UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
9- Excellent
UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_lcap42%UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
8- Above Average
UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_lcap42%UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
7- Average
UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_lcap8%UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
6- OK
UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_lcap0%UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5- UFC 135
 0% [ 0 ]
4- I already forgot this event
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Wolf
 0% [ 0 ]
1- FUCK. THIS. ORG.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Empty
PostSubject: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:41 am

What did you think?

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:20 am

i gave her a 9

everything delivered in it's own special way. I'll elaborate more later.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:14 am

to me Varner was biggest suprise/benifactor of this card. He went from one foot in grave to in the hunt in one fight
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:36 pm

If Mir could've given a better effort, it probably would've been close to a 10 but I'll give it an 8.5-9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:35 pm

The card pretty much delivered.

Big Foot's fight should he been stopped earlier though, the dude had a fountain of blood squirting out of his dome.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:23 pm

The only negatives were the Mayhem fight and the fact the card was weighted with a bunch of lopsided fights at the business end. Mir never had a chance. Silva never had a chance. That said, it delivered for me as a fan extremely well.

Pretty good on paper, but incredible action in the cage. 9
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:59 pm

gave it a 9, the only reason it wasn't a 10 was because of Alistair! great card, had me at the edge of me seat the whole time
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Mike Brown vs Daniel Pineda started off the card right. Though Pineda lost, he didn't look to bad, he had some good moments and was should have some positives to take with him out of this loss moving ahead. I think Brown had a successful career in MMA, he saw the top of the mountain few fighters get to ever see. Going out on a two-fight win streak is not to shabby.

Finally Glover Teixeira has arrived. Seems like a lifetime ago I saw him assaulting Sokoudjou. At 32 he is looking llike he is at his peak. I hope he can make a good run. He was throwing combos and punches on Kingsbury with some unreal power, scary shit.. He is already a shark in the deep end.

I was expecting Vokelmann to win but not completely sold on the guy and wasn't surprised by this upset. Sass hitting the quick finish was a nice upset though. This fight was kinda of step fight, the winner really should be fighting top a top 20 to 10 LW opponent. Sass's submission game is something to be reckoned with.

Facebook fights looked very good and delivered great. Definitely got everyone I was watching with jazzed up for them and the fights to come, even the cynics and chronic haters.

So Dan Hardy just earned himself 3 more losses? Well, it was an awesome KO though, lol. That punch reminded me a lot of the one he threw on Carlos Condit, the difference being Ludwig wasn't throwing an identical punch at the same time. That punch Hardy threw on Condit even landed a split second earlier but Condit had the power on the sport to put Hardy to sleep. He really needed that win. The fact that it was a KotN worthy bomb has to make the brass at Zuffa very happy. I mean to people like US, Dan Hardy is a stndup fighter with KO power at the lower to mid range of the division, but to joe casual he is a interesting character WITH A, WOW, RED MOHAWK. Same old story, the will do all they can and milk that marketing potential out of Hardy.

The Dalloway Miller fight was the low point of the evening. These guys looked so bad they almost fooled people into thinking they were having a battle of epic proportions in the first round, almost. It was really just ugly, ugly stand up followe3d by ugly ugly mat work. A draw would of been the best scenario so both could be relieved down circuits more fitting of their game.

Jaime Varner vs Edson Barboza, yeah motherfucker, what a high, what an upset!

Speaking of upsets, I really thought Diego Brandao was gonna steamroll early against Darren Elkins. I think Elkins might of exposed that Brandao might just be a very dangerous 5-minute fighter at the moment. Elkins was getting smashed hard early but was equally dominant in the last two rounds. II scored this fight 28-26, every round was a 10-8 round. Elkins is gonna be a interesting fighter to keep an eye on at 145.

The FX prelims looked good and delivered a bad fight along with some huge huge moments.

There are no more secrets. Lavar Johson decapitates those who can't take/keep him down, simple as that. If he learns how to stay/get up from the mat, he can be a contender. If he doesn't, then he is just a guy who can destroy anyone in the division with his hands as effective as anyone with take downs and a ground game can finish him off. Good work by Struve, he knew exactly what he needed to do and executed with precision. I hope Johnson can return soon though, don't know about that arm.

Stipe Miocic vs Shane Del Rosario was entertaining while it lasted. Both were looking good in the first but I had it closely for SDR. I was surprised to see Miocic get the position in the 2nd. He wasted no effort in laying down some nasty GnP. Great win to stay unbeaten over an equally touted unbeaten Del Rosario. Another example of a couple of guys who could fight LHW but are more suited for success fighting as a HW. SDR looked good coming off the long layoff and cra crash. I hope can stay active and get some wins strung together.

Don't know what to say about Roy Nelson other than damn, that was a serious fucking punch. The perfect example of a folding chair that folds folding. Nelson proves one again that he is the definitive upper level doorman, the difference between a guy who is gonna be top 20 or top 10.

What a fucking blood mess Cain made out of Bigfoot. That is the Velasquez that needs to be fighting for the belt. It's no secret that JDS and Cain were injured in their FOX fight and JDS came out better, but if these tow can get back to it healthy, we could be in store for a much better fight. Dominant 1st round slaughter though for Cain, very nice to see and nice that the path to the next title shot is clearly and logically defined barring some SF treachery. An after thought on this though, I don't want to see Cain fight that way against Werdum should they ever fight.

JDS also looked awesome in dispatching Mir. Mir has been getting a lot of respect and talk of all the things he's done in his long career and the comeback and his heart etc., but Dos Santos is on another plane. I think JDS was too conservative, he didn't have to be reckless but putting the leather down on Frank would ambitious yet achievable. Mir doesn't have the speed to be evasive against Dos Santos quickness and doesn't have the chin to avoid going in to Frank, am I rope-a-doping or am I wobbled(I'm wobbled), wobbled mode. Great performance can't wait for Cain vs JDS II.

Main card looked like it was gonna be a lot of action and fun. It certainly delivered. Card had high expectations, almost all of the fights on paper looked like they were going to be good then shit went down and only one fight really was not good or entertaining. It looked like a 9 or better, a card that some can look at and see it, know that shit is gonna be entertain, but played out as an easy 10 better than imagined.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm giving it an 8. Thought it was a good card but just can't go higher than 8. I wish that place would've booed the hell out of Varner, damn you vegas fans! And holy shit the ref for the Bigfoot/Cain fight needs to be under review or under arrest lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:16 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I'm giving it an 8. Thought it was a good card but just can't go higher than 8. I wish that place would've booed the hell out of Varner, damn you vegas fans! And holy shit the ref for the Bigfoot/Cain fight needs to be under review or under arrest lol

The ref I can excuse but the doctor I can't, he should have stopped it.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Both are in the wrong in my mmaeyes lol

But yeah I forgot all about the doctor, if the fighter is obviously having trouble seeing STOP THE FUCKING FIGHT.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:01 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I wish that place would've booed the hell out of Varner, damn you vegas fans!

Why? That was one of the best parts of the show?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I just can't stand Varner thats all, never liked that guy
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:23 am

Varner's win was easily one of the coolest MMA moments in a while. He doesn't have the legacy of Tito, but its right up there with that Bader fight in terms of watching veterans that nobody thinks has a chance pick up huge wins
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I say 8. I think alot of the matches on the actually PPV were mismatches, that being said there were some nice finishes and it sets up JDS and Cain 2 which I think will be a great fight unlike the 1st one. Barboza losing was absolutely stunning to me.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:26 pm

all over ESPN today, sport nation had 4 bits in the little time i watched, both the Hardy and Nelson KOs were on there as were the Sass Glover subs.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

entertaining card.

plenty of finishes and they showed 5 of the prelims on my download, all of which were also entertaining fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:53 am

killerofchicken wrote:
all over ESPN today, sport nation had 4 bits in the little time i watched, both the Hardy and Nelson KOs were on there as were the Sass Glover subs.

Hey funny thing happened Killer that silly USA vs. Scotland game delayed our coverage of this card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Gave it a 9.2, JDS might be my favorite fighter in the entire sport these days. Battling it out with Hendo at the moment. Great matchups, great fights, close to a 100% finish rate. I watched the event twice on my xbox before it expired, which showed 10 fights.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I rewatched some of this last night and I forgot to mention how sweet that armbar was that Strouve( or however you spell his name) got of Johnson, I thought Lavar was gonna whoop his ass
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I rewatched some of this last night and I forgot to mention how sweet that armbar was that Strouve( or however you spell his name) got of Johnson, I thought Lavar was gonna whoop his ass
I thought Rogan did a great job during that sequence. He saw that Struve had that hook and that was all he needed once he pulled guard.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Agreed, Rogan does good imo with explaining the ground game but I feel like he thinks he knows more than he actually does about standup.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm

I think Rogan has a background in Tae kwon do from before his jiu jitsu training. He might not be quite the expert with striking as he is in grappling but he still is pretty knowledgeable with it. It's hard to really fault him though since Goldberg is such a useless mook when it comes to anything. Rogan probably has to juxtapose some shit in there to save the fans.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Varner's win was easily one of the coolest MMA moments in a while. He doesn't have the legacy of Tito, but its right up there with that Bader fight in terms of watching veterans that nobody thinks has a chance pick up huge wins

agreed...i've actually always hated Jamie Varner but for him to come back from being considered done to derailing the hottest hype train in the LW division on short notice was pretty cool and a great moment.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Agreed, Rogan does good imo with explaining the ground game but I feel like he thinks he knows more than he actually does about standup.

this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate   UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 146 Thoughts/Rate
Page 1 of 1