Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it

Go down 
+5
captain organic
Farmer1906
Primetyme199
cheekynffc
KingsOwn19
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Well...
10-Best Eva
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_lcap0%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9- Magnificent
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_lcap11%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
8- Above Average
 0% [ 0 ]
7- Average
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_lcap44%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
6- OK but underwhelming
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_lcap44%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
5- Just all around boring
 0% [ 0 ]
4- Nothing to see here
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Terrible
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck this org
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Empty
PostSubject: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 am

I'll go brief since this card for the most part sucked...it gets a 7..thats being generous considering it was "the biggest card in UFC history"

Good main event. Chael got the takedown and controlled from the top..but Spider did a great job avoiding damage this time around, but had me a bit worried because he was no trying for sweeps but more so trying to get a stand up. Perhaps he was trying to wear Chael down based on what Spider's corner was saying in between rounds. Spider turned it up in round 2...finally stated defending the takedowns and Chael got a little too eager which plays right ino Spider's hands. Im a little surprised it was a TKO. I was expecting a submission and was a little surprised on how "easy" Sonnen got finished as soon as he started getting hit. Sonnen has the two best performances vs. Spider but his best shot was the first time..he's just not gonna be the one to do it.

Would really like to see Lombard finish Boetsch convincingly and get the fight...but Munoz, Bisping, and Belfort are also in the discussion. Belcher may soon be entering as well, actually..id like to maybe see Belcher fight Chael next.

Griffin-Ortiz was pretty good. Clear 29-28 for Griffin. I think Griffin's actions after the fight were done with the best intentions to show love for Tito..but i think in the end it cheated Ortiz out of face time for his final fight. Not only was leaving the cage a strange distraction, i really don't think Tito wanted to be interviewed by him neither. It was all a good gesture but it failed and just felt weird.

Cung-Cote. I figured Cung would be able to outpoint Cote. I think people unfairly treat Cung as a scrub when he's pretty damn good for an old man who goes through long layoffs. His gas tank failed him again but Cote is not the guy to expose that. A more agressive and talented fighter finishes Cung sometime in the 3rd but thats not Cote anymore. I think Cung should hang it up though. He has amazing striking ability..and people forget how good his takedowns and takedown defense is...but he looks every bit his age out there and Cung really is a "what could have been"...if he got in this sport when he was much younger he would be a legend.

The rest of the fights really brought nothing.

Mendes won his squash match
Easton-Ivan was boring
Maia-Kim was obviously a let down because of the injury
the prelims brought zero.

The emotion of the main event really brought a 5 to a 7 for me.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 am

i gave up on it quite early through a combination of having a crap stream and boring fights early in the card, doesn't look like i missed much after reading espn though.

wonder if sonnen will make good on his promise to retire and be quiet? it makes me wonder if hetrosexuality is on the decline watching grown men hanging on that pricks every ridiculous word.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 am

He retracted that stipulation about a week after he made it. He won't retire from the UFC, and he shouldnt.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 am

I gave it a 7 because I wasn't expecting much from the card other then the main event. The card lived up to what I thought it would.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 am

Dana said at the presser last night indications show this could be the best selling PPV in UFC history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:39 pm

It was alright nothing spectacular, even the main event ending was kinda anti-climatic and watching a Tito with nothing left in the tank was sad.

McKenzie folding from a body shot was funny.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:05 pm

"and was a little surprised on how "easy" Sonnen got finished as soon as he started getting hit."

My thoughts as well. I was pretty drunk, but I thought it was fishy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:48 am

I thought it was Okay, but a bit underwhelming.

The Main event was good. I thought it should of got stood up in the first round. I didn't think Sonnen's offensive output from the position warranted 300 seconds of it. Once Silva started stuffing takedowns that was it. Another unique highlight real to add to the legend. All things considered, great finish, and not just to the fight. I don't like hearing Sonnen yet he talks a lot, and about stuff I don't care for. I hope he just shuts the fuck up for a while or goes back to being Chael Sonnen, in reality. He got beat again and is not better. He talked a lot and cast a great spell and I think I was at my most surprised by the reaches of his act last night in seeing a couple of people I've known for a while fully hypnotized little chales. Easy Money. Cool

Tito vs Forrest was alright. Forrest worked him and made it look easy except for when Tito would drop him and make it interesting for a couple of seconds. I give Tito credit on the career and for last night, coming out and doing, what I think at this point, was his best. He came close and made it interesting and I don't think he went out on too low of a point in a loss, though I'm sure he's pissed. Forrest is going nowhere at 205 imo.

Cote blew it, or maybe he didn't maybe he is just not that great today. Either way, it is a good win for Le if he wants to keep getting booked for fights. If he wants fights he will get them booked on PPVs or co/main event fights on cable. He has the name and the style to make money.

Don't know what to make of the Maia Kim fight, ended too soon imo and oddly.

Mendes had no choice but to absolutely anhilblitherate that awkward person. It almost took him too long.

The Prelims seemed very long. 15 minutes fights can be good, even great. didn't have many of those in the first few hours. Philippou looked good, I think he could be a guy at 185 in 2013. That divsion has really got thicker after Silva in the past few years imo.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 am

7 for me, i unlike some people was never excited for this card. the main even was pretty much the only juicy part about it. i cannot believe someone gave it a 9! if it's farmer, i understand, since he was there live and that bumps up the awesome factor a bunch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 am

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it 2lj591u
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 am

6. UFC 147 was better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 am

GDP - are you being serious about the fight being stood up in the first round ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 am

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Andychael
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 am

OU wrote:
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it Andychael

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it 7d9tZ

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it 63oajkye
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Ali wrote:

Did I stutter? That meager amount of offense didn't warrant 5 unhindered minutes of that position.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:

Did I stutter? That meager amount of offense didn't warrant 5 unhindered minutes of that position.

He was working. He passed to half, side, then mount.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:

I think Chael was active enough. I hate when fighters are clearly stalling, it didn't look that way to me. He was working the entire time, eventually worked his way to mount. I thought Chael kept working, I wouldn't have liked a standup.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 pm

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it 117_Anderson_Silva_vs_Chael_Sonnen_gallery_post
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:56 pm

He had as much offense from the mount as he did from full or sided, not much. Stalling offense that almost every fight people bitch about when a guy does it to point win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He had as much offense from the mount as he did from full or sided, not much. Stalling offense that almost every fight people bitch about when a guy does it to point win.
I disagree that it was a stalling offense. He did a good job of fooling me on that. Made me beleive that he was attempting to pass the entire time. I hate stalling, but IMO this wasn't stalling. I hate Chael too, but I disagree that he was stalling.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

It should of been stood up. No one else gets 2 and half minutes to work on a pass. Silva did what he should of in defense and only got several "Come'on guys, let's work" for it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm

[youtube]