Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it

Go down 
+5
captain organic
Farmer1906
Primetyme199
cheekynffc
KingsOwn19
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Well...
10-Best Eva
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9- Magnificent
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
8- Above Average
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
7- Average
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
6- OK but underwhelming
UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
5- Just all around boring
 0% [ 0 ]
4- Nothing to see here
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Terrible
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck this org
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:03 pm

I admit I was very curious to see what would happen by the time the fight actually rolled around. Still thought Silva would finish with a brutal combo at some point. Also the Sonnen death pic could be accurate. His camp is saying he could likely retire.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

haha, good shit GDP!

can't believe their heros considering retirement after getting spanked by a washed up useless fake champ! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/9/3147265/ufc-148-dong-hyun-kim-muscle-spasm-broken-rib-maia-mma-news

Quote :

"The injury actually occurred about 30 seconds into the fight when the fighters were on the opposite side of the octagon. Maia had one of Stun Gun's legs, which is a position that he actually likes. As they were tied up, somehow Stun Gun got a muscle spasm in his side. He told his corner that something was wrong. Kim defended Maia's takedown attempts for a while, but by the time they got to the other side of the Octagon, he was in too much pain.

The position in which the injury happened is the kind that happens in training all the time, but for some reason it caused a severe muscle spasm this particular time. It truly was a freak accident. It's a terrible way to lose a fight and Stun Gun is really bummed out about it. I'm sure he'll be back and going strong soon enough, though!"
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:23 pm

OU wrote:
I admit I was very curious to see what would happen by the time the fight actually rolled around. Still thought Silva would finish with a brutal combo at some point. Also the Sonnen death pic could be accurate. His camp is saying he could likely retire.

Source.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 pm

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Source.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/9/3146212/chael-sonnen-retirement-ufc-148-anderson-silva-mma-news
Quote :
"Apparently Chael had his limit like, 'This is it, I've had enough. If I don't win this then it's all not worth it.' Having lost that, yeah, there's a very good chance he could pursue other things. He's a very smart guy, very well spoken. I know, whether he'll admit to it or not, he has a lot of passion to be a broadcaster of sorts. He seems to excel in any type of speaking arrangement. He loves doing interviews. He loves hyping fights and I'm sure he loves training. He's a good fighter. He's a great fighter and he's an awesome athlete but he can't fight forever and maybe he's at a point he'd like to do something else. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Source.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/9/3146212/chael-sonnen-retirement-ufc-148-anderson-silva-mma-news
Quote :
"Apparently Chael had his limit like, 'This is it, I've had enough. If I don't win this then it's all not worth it.' Having lost that, yeah, there's a very good chance he could pursue other things. He's a very smart guy, very well spoken. I know, whether he'll admit to it or not, he has a lot of passion to be a broadcaster of sorts. He seems to excel in any type of speaking arrangement. He loves doing interviews. He loves hyping fights and I'm sure he loves training. He's a good fighter. He's a great fighter and he's an awesome athlete but he can't fight forever and maybe he's at a point he'd like to do something else. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong

He isnt retiring. Could threaten retirement to get his way with things, but the dude is not done yet.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Source.
Quote :

He isnt retiring. Could threaten retirement to get his way with things, but the dude is not done yet.
I dunno when Chael is being Chael and not in character, he said a couple of interesting things. First he says he is in the sport to be Champion and doesn't want to be around just to be around. Also before the fight he had a moment on Dan Lebatard where he talked about how on his fathers death bed he promised him a Championship. Looked very personal for Chael. Which is why I proposed Chael fighting for SF title. I bet he is very down emotionally right now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm

I think Sonnen has quite a few good fights left in him, maybe not like the 09/10 run, but decent none the less. He could be fighting for the belt in another couple of years/fights. I think he will keep fighting before becoming a talking head on some news channel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think Sonnen has quite a few good fights left in him, maybe not like the 09/10 run, but decent none the less. He could be fighting for the belt in another couple of years/fights. I think he will keep fighting before becoming a talking head on some news channel.

Wow, I agree with you about something. This exact. I could see him as being the champ after Anderson retires.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:35 pm

jewzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Wow, I agree with you about something. This exact. I could see him as being the champ after Anderson retires.

i also could see him being champ after Anderson retires... but then again i think Vitor gets a second crack at Anderson and takes the belt away for good.

thats just me as a fan hoping it happens...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He had as much offense from the mount as he did from full or sided, not much. Stalling offense that almost every fight people bitch about when a guy does it to point win.

Anderson did some good things defensively to avoid damage, but Chael was not stalling. I think transitions is effective top game. I don't think no punches or submission attempts automatically equals stalling. He was working enough and scoring enough with transitions to avoid the stand up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 am

Sonnen is 35 and has been fighting as a pro since 97. He also only has 1 testicle. I bet he retires before Anderson Silva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 148 thoughts and rate it   UFC 148 thoughts and rate it - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 148 thoughts and rate it
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2