Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th

Go down 
+9
GDPofDRC
LA
KingsOwn19
Ludo
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
timthebim
bobbitt15
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:
I wonder if the guys who are acting like a Jacare submission is a foregone conclusion, or are mocking Lawlers win list even watched Jacare vs smoking Joe.

The better comp in SF has seen less easy subs for Jacare for sure.

After losing to Gegard, and then the NC with Mayhem, Jacare beat Lindland(sub) and then Smoking Joe(hard fought UD) b4 getting a title fight. Then another hard fought decision vs Kennedy.

Not seeing the "Lawler is not on Jacare's level" line of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm

And you won't. And don't waste your time trying to understand baseless ridiculous opinions
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
His best win was over Trigg to win the Icon Sport title right after Trigg won it off Mayhem. He also beat Joey Villasenor and Ninja Rua who was reigning EliteXC champion. But I'm sure you'll find a way to devalue all those wins.

Mayhem beat Lawler and we all know Trigg got lucky against Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Why would Strikeforce's second highest ranked middle weight not deserve a title shot? Saying he doesn't make zero sense. Meyham is the fourth ranked MW in SF, Kennedy third, but the second ranked MW in that organization shouldn't fight the top ranked guy there?

Sounds like a lot of UFC elitist snob'n this weekend.

Well I don't know who does the SF rankngs, but they suck at it. Do you agree that a champion stripped of his title who has went 1-1 when we all know he went 2-0 in those fights does't deserve to be ranked ahead of Lawler?

GDP you can do better than bringing Scott Coker's rankings to the table.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
First off, Robbie doesn't deserve this title shot. He should have to face Kennedy atleast before getting a title shot imo. How does Mayhem not get this fight?

Second, Jacare is gonna sub Robbie in the first round or whenever he gets Robbie down.

Robbie has great TD defense. Babalu is a better wrestler then Jacare and he couldn't get or hold Robbie down.

LMAO at that OU. Jacare is a beast compared to Babalu right now. Jacare has alot more power then Babalu and I think his technique is better.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:
I wonder if the guys who are acting like a Jacare submission is a foregone conclusion, or are mocking Lawlers win list even watched Jacare vs smoking Joe.

After losing to Gegard, and then the NC with Mayhem, Jacare beat Lindland(sub) and then Smoking Joe(hard fought UD) b4 getting a title fight. Then another hard fought decision vs Kennedy.

That is a good point Captain about Joey V. I think he had alot better tank that night and he fought great. I don't see Lawler grinding for that long with Jacare and having the same ffect.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And you won't. And don't waste your time trying to understand baseless ridiculous opinions

baseless, rediculous huh????
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:06 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 300g667434
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

But SF was looking for a Title holder at that point and Jacare has one loss, to Mousasi now a LHW, in his last like 15 fights maybe. He wasn't 2-2 in his last 4.

On Jacare/Villasenor, Jacare didn't sub him int the fight sure, but he completely dominated him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 300g667434

lmao
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 pm

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

But SF was looking for a Title holder at that point and Jacare has one loss, to Mousasi now a LHW, in his last like 15 fights maybe. He wasn't 2-2 in his last 4.

On Jacare/Villasenor, Jacare didn't sub him int the fight sure, but he completely dominated him.

your nit picking LA. Jacare won 2 in a row prior to his title fight, Lawler has won 2 in a row in the division, both by vicious KO, prior to his title fight.

U are also implementing a double standard, one of Jacare's wins prior to his title fight was Lindland, same goes for Lawler(not to mention Belfort whose win over Lindland catapulted him back to prominence.)

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

your nit picking LA. Jacare won 2 in a row prior to his title fight, Lawler has won 2 in a row in the division, both by vicious KO, prior to his title fight.

U are also implementing a double standard, one of Jacare's wins prior to his title fight was Lindland, same goes for Lawler(not to mention Belfort whose win over Lindland catapulted him back to prominence.)

or when he knocked out Franklin????
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 am

Robbie has knocked out MAnhoef and Lindland in his last 2 fights at MW.

Belfort has KO'd Lindland and Franklin(catchweight but....) in his last 2 fights.

Pretty similar stuff here.

And if I wanted to nit pick I could say Belfort has yet to win a fight at MW in the UFC, and I could also say he hasn't won a MW fight in what will be 2 years b4 his title fight.

But I'm amped for Belfort vs Silva.

Sometimes u make the most interesting fight(see Pettis) regardless of certain logic that says a certain fighter is not worthy of the matchup.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 pm

captain organic wrote:

Belfort has KO'd Lindland and Franklin(catchweight but....) in his last 2 fights.

And if I wanted to nit pick I could say Belfort has yet to win a fight at MW in the UFC, and I could also say he hasn't won a MW fight in what will be 2 years b4 his title fight.

Sometimes u make the most interesting fight(see Pettis) regardless of certain logic that says a certain fighter is not worthy of the matchup.

Captain please don't compare Lawler to Vitor. A win over Franklin is way better than Manhoef who gasses after 5 minutes. Lawler doesn't deserve a shot at Jacare. Maybe another win at MW over someone like Mayhem or Kennedy and I would say it should happen. imo he just hasn't done enough to earn that shot over other SF MW fighters. I think we aren't gonna agree on this and we damn sure can't change what fights are made, so we will just have to watch and enjoy what fights we are blessed with.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:11 pm

captain organic wrote:

Captain please don't compare Lawler to Vitor. A win over Franklin is way better than Manhoef who gasses after 5 minutes. Lawler doesn't deserve a shot at Jacare. Maybe another win at MW over someone like Mayhem or Kennedy and I would say it should happen. imo he just hasn't done enough to earn that shot over other SF MW fighters. I think we aren't gonna agree on this and we damn sure can't change what fights are made, so we will just have to watch and enjoy what fights we are blessed with.
He didnt compare the fighters, he just compared the situations that lead to their tittle shots, which are basically identical IMO
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:33 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
captain organic wrote:

He didnt compare the fighters, he just compared the situations that lead to their tittle shots, which are basically identical IMO

Beating Melvin and beating Frankln are two totally different accomplishments. They are far from identical. By comparing those fights he was comparing Vitor and Lawler. So you shut your face right meow Zach/cody! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3