Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th Empty
PostSubject: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Quote :
"I sat down with Junior Dos Santos yesterday – who is the nicest guy in the world," White said. "He's the nicest guy in the world, but he said, 'I have nothing but respect for Cain Velasquez. I like him as a person and as a fighter, and I think he deserves the shot at the title. But I do not want to fight him,' which is not what he said a month ago.

"He said, 'Alistair Overeem is a punk. He's got a big mouth, and he's been saying lots of bad things about me, and I want to knock him out. I want to knock him out now.'"

"He's my heavyweight champion who is one of those guys who has done everything we've ever asked of him," White said. "He really has never asked much of us. So when a guy like him comes to me and wants something, yeah, I have to consider it."

"I've got to talk to Cain, and I agree, Cain is (a company man), too," White said. "But Cain's not the champ right now. Junior is.

"I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just saying to you that's what [Dos Santos] is saying. He wants this fight."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30038/junior-dos-santos-tells-ufc-he-prefers-alistair-overeem-over-cain-velasquez.mma

Please let this happen next.

Last edited by Ali on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 pm

JDS vs Overeem- next
Cain vs Werdum- for next shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:34 pm

freakzilla wrote:
JDS vs Overeem- next

Great minds think alike.

You can also throw in Cormier if he impresses against Mir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
JDS vs Overeem- next

Great minds think alike.

You can also throw in Cormier if he impresses against Mir.

He will but if Cain agrees to let JDS fight Overeem then he will get the next shot I think.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 pm

That is almost a lock in saying Overeem vs JDS is next, especially since this is all hearsay from White's mouth on what someone else is saying. Barring the curse, it's gonna happen, Nevada is gonna license him and make money. But JDS fighting either Reem or Cain or Cormier in that December fight is cool with me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That is almost a lock in saying Overeem vs JDS is next, especially since this is all hearsay from White's mouth on what someone else is saying. Barring the curse, it's gonna happen, Nevada is gonna license him and make money. But JDS fighting either Reem or Cain or Cormier in that December fight is cool with me.

i think you're right... shit i know youre right!

i like the fire coming from JDS tho, having JDS vs Reem and Cain vs Werdum on a card together would sell big time man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm

I still think this is pretty close fight to call, I lean towards Cigano but Ubereem's no slouch in the striking department.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 am

Cain deserves the shot, Reem does not. But as a fan I'll be much happier watching JDS put Reem to sleep. Someone has to punish Reem for his actions, I guess Dana and the UFC won't so JDS is gonna have to be the one to do it. Brutal KO coming for JDS.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

Please make it happen Dana! I can wait for Cain to get his title back if I get to watch those two throw hands.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Please make it happen Dana! I can wait for Cain to get his title back if I get to watch those two throw hands.
Cain can't beat JDS.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/7/3225677/ufc-cain-velasquez-vs-junior-dos-santos-overeem-mma-news
Quote :
"You just have to fight the number one contender," Velasquez continued. "Then that's it. That just how I feel about it. As a champion, you just fight whoever is next in line. You don't get to pick and choose who you fight."

Quote :
"I don't think you as champion should choose who you fight. [Junior]'s not ducking me. He's a great competitor. He's a great fighter. I just think him and Overeem and him had some words spoken back and forth to each other and he wants to fight him. He really wants to fight him first, wants to beat him. But you gotta get through me first."

"I know fans want to see that, but like I said before whoever is next in line, you have to fight him. You being the champion need to fight the guy next in line, not pick and choose who you fight."

Quote :
"With whatever he's going through, I don't really care," Velasquez said. "I just know what I've done to get here. Whatever I was promised, I was promised. That's just how I see it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Cain just stfu, you're only one fight removed from getting knocked out by JDS.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Ali wrote:
You crazy, Cain deserves his shot more then Reem. One of them got caught cheating attempting to gain a competitive advantage and the other one won a fight that was officially labeled a #1 contender fight. Reem had his chance and he blew it with his own actions. Not something anyone else did, he did this to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
You crazy, Cain deserves his shot more then Reem. One of them got caught cheating attempting to gain a competitive advantage and the other one won a fight that was officially labeled a #1 contender fight. Reem had his chance and he blew it with his own actions. Not something anyone else did, he did this to himself.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve a rematch yet but seriously Cain needs to keep quiet, it's not like he went on a massive tear, he beat one guy.

Cain should ask to face Werdum on the same card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am not saying he doesn't deserve a rematch yet but seriously Cain needs to keep quiet, it's not like he went on a massive tear, he beat one guy.

Cain should ask to face Werdum on the same card.
Cain needs to do what he is doing. Remind everyone that he was promised the next shot and did everything the UFC asked him to do. Cain has a much better shot at winning anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:59 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/10/3233762/ufc-alistair-overeem-license-junior-dos-santos-fight
Earlier today we ran a story saying that UFC heavyweight superstar Alistair Overeem would be appearing in front of the NSAC in hopes of being able to argue to get his license early for "good behavior." This was a play by Overeem's camp to attempt to challenge Junior dos Santos at the end of the year.

But that's not going to happen, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer (via MMA FIghting):

Quote :
"That must be wishful thinking," he said. "He will not be on the agenda."

Furthermore, Kizer said under existing state statutes, Overeem would not be able to apply for a license until December 27, making his eligibility for a fight two days later a near-impossibility. In effect, Kizer said, there is no legal way to grant him an early hearing.

"I see no way to do that. I know of none," he said. "But even if the commission had some discretion to grant some waiver of time, I personally don't see this as the case. I'd be against that. There is some discretion at the commission level, but I don't think this is the case to use that discretion. This is not just a guy who engaged in cheating, but a guy who ran out the front door when the testing was being done."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

I really hate Keith Kizer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th   Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th Empty

Back to top Go down

Cigano wants Ubereem next / JDS to defend title Dec 29th
Page 1 of 1