Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cigano next in line for a title shot?

Go down 
+4
captain organic
Ninja
MikeyLikesIt
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Cigano next in line for a title shot? Empty
PostSubject: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:32 am

Either him, Cain (if he wins), or Nog.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:21 am

No. He needs to take a step up in competition. Have him face Gonzaga and I doubt he will be in the title picture.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Uhh Cro Cop is pretty damn good competition. I can't really see Cain or Nog being more deserving at this point.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Winner of Cain/Rothwell vs Junior for the next title IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Winner of Cain/Rothwell vs Junior for the next title IMO.

I can agree with that and while Nog waits he should get his rematch with Mir.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Uhh Cro Cop is pretty damn good competition. I can't really see Cain or Nog being more deserving at this point.

Have you fucking seen Mirko fight in the last 3 years? Please shut the fuck up. Cro Cop hasn't done ANYTHING except poke Al Turk in the eye.

You think if Santos comes in like that to Kongo/Gonzaga/Carwin ect he will live?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:31 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Have you fucking seen Mirko fight in the last 3 years? Please shut the fuck up. Cro Cop hasn't done ANYTHING except poke Al Turk in the eye.

You think if Santos comes in like that to Kongo/Gonzaga/Carwin ect he will live?

This isn't the Cro Cop who fought Fedor or won the GP, but he is not slouch.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

If you watched the fight it was clear he was a slouch. He didn't land ONE combination and tried a left jab and pushing all night. Put any half way decent HW in the ring with him last night and he loses.

The bottom line is Dos Santos hasn't been tested enough to be a top contender. Two more wins against good competition and then you might get me to agree. But I highly doubt he'd beat Gonzaga, Kongo or Cain.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

If you watched the fight it was clear he was a slouch. He didn't land ONE combination and tried a left jab and pushing all night. Put any half way decent HW in the ring with him last night and he loses.

The bottom line is Dos Santos hasn't been tested enough to be a top contender. Two more wins against good competition and then you might get me to agree. But I highly doubt he'd beat Gonzaga, Kongo or Cain.

Well we're going to have to agree to disagree because Cro Cop is still a dangerous striker.

Werdum is definitely a contender. No his striking isn't great, but his grappling skills are as good as anyone in the division. Dos Santos should get credit for ending the fight quickly to avoid those skills.

As for Gonzaga or Kongo, not matter if he'd beat them or not he is still ahead of them in terms of getting a title shot.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:46 pm

[quote="MikeyLikesIt"]
Farmer1906 wrote:

You think if Santos comes in like that to Kongo/Gonzaga/Carwin ect he will live?[/quote]

Why? Do you think Junior looked bad last night? He dominated the fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:48 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Mirko's problem is that he is just too small, even against a mid sized heavy he was way undersized. Co Cop needs to make the cut to 205.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 am

Mirko is HORRIBLE. You can't win a fight if you don't throw a punch. I hope he gets cut because I don't want to see him in the UFC again. He's done as even a decent heavyweight. NO POSSIBLE FUCKING WAY can you warrant giving Dos Santos a title fight based on what he did to Cro Cop. No way in hell. I don't know if it's mental or what but he doesn't want to fight. Obviously, he used to be dangerous but he's just not anymore. I don't know if he would've even beat Al Turk if he didn't poke him in the eye.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut because there's no way Dana is happy about his performance at all. He got a second chance in the UFC and he did nothing with it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs...from the quote I read, he is retiring.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/16253/lackluster-ufc-103-loss-for-cro-cop-could-be-filipovics-last-in-organization.mma

He should. I'm surprised to see Dana being so nice to him. There are plenty of guys out there that Dana would've trashed for having a performance like that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 am

Crocop vs Chuck in a retirement match, pull the trigger dana.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 am

I don't think Cro-Cop was setting up his LHK very well; I suppose he was afraid of getting countered, but he did throw punches - not nearly as many as Santos, but he did catch him with a few good straight lefts (not jabs).

Dos Santos is just lucky he didn't get his orbital broken like Sapp (jk)
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Jruq wrote:
I don't think Cro-Cop was setting up his LHK very well; I suppose he was afraid of getting countered, but he did throw punches - not nearly as many as Santos, but he did catch him with a few good straight lefts (not jabs).

Dos Santos is just lucky he didn't get his orbital broken like Sapp (jk)

Are you serious? Cro Cop looked horrible. Maybe he did throw punches, like 2. He did absolutely nothing other than push Dos Santos off of him and completely whiff with a kick every once in awhile. He won't beat any decent heavyweight in the UFC. He needs to retire if that's what he's bringing to the cage now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm

I like Crocop but out of all of the fighters on Saturday night, he was one of the least impressive. He landed a couple of jabs and straits, like 5 or 6 total, but was largely ineffective for 12 and a half minutes. He also seemed more off balanced than normal, like he forgot how to stand and move for a fight. It was tough to watch. Dos Santos looked pretty good because of the way Crocop fought, but I don't think he looked that great either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Well we're going to have to agree to disagree because Cro Cop is still a dangerous striker.

Werdum is definitely a contender. No his striking isn't great, but his grappling skills are as good as anyone in the division. Dos Santos should get credit for ending the fight quickly to avoid those skills.

As for Gonzaga or Kongo, not matter if he'd beat them or not he is still ahead of them in terms of getting a title shot.

That is a joke. Dos Santos beat Werdum who is now out of the UFC, Stefan Struve (who?) and an awful AWFUL Cro Cop. Gonzaga and Kongo lost to the 2 top contenders in the UFC HW division yet they thrown aside for a guy that has 1 good win in 3 fights. IMO Gonzaga is still a very dangerous contender in that division, he got caught against Carwin - as most do - but he was winning that fight and almost had him out. Dos Santos has yet to be in a war.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

That is a joke. Dos Santos beat Werdum who is now out of the UFC, Stefan Struve (who?) and an awful AWFUL Cro Cop. Gonzaga and Kongo lost to the 2 top contenders in the UFC HW division yet they thrown aside for a guy that has 1 good win in 3 fights. IMO Gonzaga is still a very dangerous contender in that division, he got caught against Carwin - as most do - but he was winning that fight and almost had him out. Dos Santos has yet to be in a war.

How can you with a straight face consider Gonzaga better than Werdum when Werdum has 2 wins over him?

You wanna know Kongo's biggest win? Cro Cop. The only difference is Dos Santos was more inpressive and finished the fight.

Now I'm not saying Gonzaga or Kongo aren't good, but neither has proven to be better than Dos Santos and are definitely both behind Santos when it comes to getting a title shot since they both are coming off loses and have multiple UFC losses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cigano next in line for a title shot?   Cigano next in line for a title shot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cigano next in line for a title shot?
Page 1 of 1