Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th

Go down 
+9
GDPofDRC
LA
KingsOwn19
Ludo
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
timthebim
bobbitt15
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:25 am

I agree with BBC in part, at least with Lawler being overrated and not deserving of a Title shot especially coming off a win over "shot" Matt Linland. The rest is classic fighter leaving the UFC and fighting a lower level of competition, seen it many times before, who is Robbie best post UFC win against? Manhoef?

On the fight, easy win for Jacare, skilled enough striker to keeep it even on the feet (see Babalu) and effiecient takedowns eventually leading to the sub.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 am

His best win was over Trigg to win the Icon Sport title right after Trigg won it off Mayhem. He also beat Joey Villasenor and Ninja Rua who was reigning EliteXC champion. But I'm sure you'll find a way to devalue all those wins.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:43 am

Do I have to find ways to devalue those wins is the real question? Trigg? come on and Ninja has been losing to everyone, his best win came against Manhoef..... Strength of schedlule dropped off after he left the UFC and record inproved accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 am

Because his game never improved right?

Trigg was a top ten MW at the time. Ninja was a sitting champion at the time. Joey Villasenor is a very solid fighter. But you know all this already.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:48 am

I did, we've established already in the past I know all fighters and fights, but whats the difference between me and you? I use commen sense. What happened to all those fighters since? I guess some just don't see what appears obvious to me....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:03 am

Villasenor won a bunch more fights and also lost to some of the worlds best. Trigg got old as did Hughes and Liddell and other fighters hovering above 35. Ninja is 5-3. Not exactly following. I guess no one in the UFC gets old or loses. Why am I even having this conversation with you? I should know better than to bother with trying to take the blinders off.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:27 am

IMO you're the one with the blinders homie, are we talking Smokin Joe Villasenor? the guy just let go by SF? NM just checking. A Matt fucking Hughes comarison to Trigg? Wow. Hughes is old and done all of a sudden for losing to BJ Penn after 3 straight wins, he's still a quality fighter.. Ninja Rua has never beaten a top guy (close with Page) he's at best a B level fighter, lets be real here. And with the original post, I not buying Lawler deserving a Title shot here, definetely not off a win over a shot Lindland, 2-2 and a Title shot?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Why would Strikeforce's second highest ranked middle weight not deserve a title shot? Saying he doesn't make zero sense. Meyham is the fourth ranked MW in SF, Kennedy third, but the second ranked MW in that organization shouldn't fight the top ranked guy there?

Sounds like a lot of UFC elitist snob'n this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm

First off, Robbie doesn't deserve this title shot. He should have to face Kennedy atleast before getting a title shot imo. How does Mayhem not get this fight?

Second, Jacare is gonna sub Robbie in the first round or whenever he gets Robbie down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
First off, Robbie doesn't deserve this title shot. He should have to face Kennedy atleast before getting a title shot imo. How does Mayhem not get this fight?

Second, Jacare is gonna sub Robbie in the first round or whenever he gets Robbie down.

Robbie has great TD defense. Babalu is a better wrestler then Jacare and he couldn't get or hold Robbie down.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Lawler is more deserving than any other MW in SF today. Has Miller really done anything more to deserve a third fight with Jacare than Lawler has? There is a reason Miller is ranked about 30th in the division right now and Lawler is about 15th. It has everything to do with why he is getting this title shot. How has Miller done more and if he has why does nobody show it in their placement of him?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Look at recent resume's and Lawler is clearly the most deserving guy.

Not a perfect choice, but SF is what it is, and some times they will have to take a borderline top 10 fighter on a one fight win streak(2 in the division, both by vicious KO) and put him in a title fight.

And yeah a guy that wins by devastating KO's will get the benefit of the doubt on occasion.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Why would Strikeforce's second highest ranked middle weight not deserve a title shot? Saying he doesn't make zero sense. Meyham is the fourth ranked MW in SF, Kennedy third, but the second ranked MW in that organization shouldn't fight the top ranked guy there?

More like being logical, a win over a shot Lindland and he gets a shot? 2-2 in his SF career? IDK, Mayhem seems most deserving to me, plus him and Jacare have history. Robbie should have fought Kennedy first if anything. Matters not, I think this is an easy win for Jacare.

Not I'd give the wrestling to Jacare OU, he has a much better shot.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Robbie has great TD defense. Babalu is a better wrestler then Jacare and he couldn't get or hold Robbie down.

OK then Jacare will sub Robbie standing up like Shields did.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm

LA wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

More like being logical, a win over a shot Lindland and he gets a shot? 2-2 in his SF career? IDK, Mayhem seems most deserving to me, plus him and Jacare have history. Robbie should have fought Kennedy first if anything. Matters not, I think this is an easy win for Jacare.

Not I'd give the wrestling to Jacare OU, he has a much better shot.

So you are telling me Jarcare wresling> Babalu wrestling? I disagree.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Much better shot
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 pm

LA wrote:
Much better shot

Maybe. Jacare is a better grappler then Babalu. But Babalu probably has a slight edge wrestling IMO. I still think Jacare struggles to get and keep Robbie down.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Lawler is more deserving than any other MW in SF today. Has Miller really done anything more to deserve a third fight with Jacare than Lawler has? There is a reason Miller is ranked about 30th in the division right now and Lawler is about 15th. It has everything to do with why he is getting this title shot. How has Miller done more and if he has why does nobody show it in their placement of him?

Miller deserves it more imo because he lost a close fight to Jake before his fight with Hendo and him vacating the SF Belt. The MW title fight after Jake left should have been Jacare/Miller 3.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Robbie isn't like Chuck Liddell on takedown D, he's pretty solid, but Jacare has shown some very explosive takedowns, I don't see him having much trouble getting it down if he wants. That explosiveness is also why I'd give him the edge over Babalu. And among the top grapplers Maia, Palhares, Filho; Jacare has shown the best standup, he can def hang with Lawler on the feet.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
Much better shot

Maybe. Jacare is a better grappler then Babalu. But Babalu probably has a slight edge wrestling IMO. I still think Jacare struggles to get and keep Robbie down.

Yeah but he doesn't need to keep Robbie down he just needs a couple seconds to sink in the sub.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
Much better shot

Yeah but he doesn't need to keep Robbie down he just needs a couple seconds to sink in the sub.

Robbie is very good at getting up off his back. It won't be nearly as easy as you make it seem.

LA he may be able to hang standing for a little while, but he doesn't want to stay there for too long because Robbie is still the better striker.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 pm

LA wrote:
Robbie isn't like Chuck Liddell on takedown D, he's pretty solid, but Jacare has shown some very explosive takedowns, I don't see him having much trouble getting it down if he wants. That explosiveness is also why I'd give him the edge over Babalu. And among the top grapplers Maia, Palhares, Filho; Jacare has shown the best standup, he can def hang with Lawler on the feet.

Maybe he can but why try? Why not just beat Robbie were you know you can? I'll be pissed if Jacare tries to stand with Robbie more than to just setup a TD. He'd be giving Robbie his chance to win.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:34 pm

OU wrote:
Robbie is very good at getting up off his back. It won't be nearly as easy as you make it seem.

Yeah I'll always see it that way when a grappling master like Jacare that's also wellrounded faces a sprawl and brawl fighter like Robbie. I love watching guys like Robbie fight but he is not on Jacare's level
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I wonder if the guys who are acting like a Jacare submission is a foregone conclusion, or are mocking Lawlers win list even watched Jacare vs smoking Joe.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

captain organic wrote:
I wonder if the guys who are acting like a Jacare submission is a foregone conclusion, or are mocking Lawlers win list even watched Jacare vs smoking Joe.

The better comp in SF has seen less easy subs for Jacare for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th   Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacare vs Lawler for MW title Jan 29th
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next