Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... Empty
PostSubject: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 pm

at least that's what Gus Johnson just said on their Boxing telecast.

Weak.

A tourney would have been dope, would have been worth the Mayhem/Diaz wait.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 pm

That would have been the only other fight they could do. They could have gotten a tournament put together but not one with the names they really wanted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That would have been the only other fight they could do. They could have gotten a tournament put together but not one with the names they really wanted.

Then go 4 man.

Diaz, Mayhem, Kennedy, Jacare.

and this leaves out Lawler, some of their young guys like Rockhold, and some of their co-promo guys like Amoussou.

I just don't see the rush to crown a champion. Let whomever earn the title.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 pm

that sucks they should have done the tourney
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Diaz is suspended and the champion of another division. I wanted a tournament too but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm

The tourney would have got alot more people interested. Hardcore fans would love it and casual fans would have liked it and got to know guys alot more. Either way Cung is getting screwed because he is the guy that deserves it since nobody took the title from him in a cage. Kennedy is good, but he doesn't deserve a shot right now imo. I am not sure if Cung would beat Jacare anyways because that fight would eventually end up on the mat. Cung has some real good wrestling and Judo defense though and might be able to keep the fight standing long enough to gas out Jacare. Jacare showed that he isn't in as good of shape as he was a few years back in his last fight imo.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Jacare wins, everyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:41 pm

ahahha come on beast Cung didnt want to defend his title
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Cung was one of the main reasons they didnt do a tournament.

Kennedy has a great chance.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm picking Kennedy.

And don't disregard smoking joe, and his role in providing Jacare a worthwhile opponent. Very well might be Jacare's best win to date.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh it is Cungs fault Bird no doubt. He is a big name though and SF could capitalize off of it. He does deserve it over Kennedy. I think Kennedy has just as good of a chance to beat Jacare though. It is a good fight they made. It will probably be in San Jose and that would only sell out better if Cung was fighting for the title. I would rather see Cung fight though. You get a popular name and an exciting fight. If Kennedy or Jacare were to beat Cung for the title it would make the title more attractive also in most fans eyes.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm

It would help the "getting over Shields as a champ and leaving" thing too.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:51 pm

agree i just dont think CUng wants to fight the top guys in SF he wants to get a few more wins over mid grade guys and retire
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:54 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Oh it is Cungs fault Bird no doubt. He is a big name though and SF could capitalize off of it. He does deserve it over Kennedy. I think Kennedy has just as good of a chance to beat Jacare though. It is a good fight they made. It will probably be in San Jose and that would only sell out better if Cung was fighting for the title. I would rather see Cung fight though. You get a popular name and an exciting fight. If Kennedy or Jacare were to beat Cung for the title it would make the title more attractive also in most fans eyes.

pretty sure it's in Houston.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:01 pm

it is in Houston i think as well
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
agree i just dont think CUng wants to fight the top guys in SF he wants to get a few more wins over mid grade guys and retire

I think you are right about that also. Cung is going out like a bitch imo. Doing the movies and coming in out of shape to face a guy not on his level and getting caught. then he fights him again to prove something to himself and talk about I wnt to eat cookies and spend time with my kids. He should have just retired and did that anyways. As a fan I feel ripped off by him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
it is in Houston i think as well

I know they are doing a show there. I read it last week. I thought this was gonna be on the next one is all. Brain fart on my part. <---that rhymed.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:06 pm

agree beast, Cung is looking super soft. Wasted talent is my take. Cause he HAS talent.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:14 pm

big man to admit that beast cause i agree

i honestly think CUng realized an old Frank Shamrock was scary and he realized there were atleast 5 guys in the division better than Frank and that scared him
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 pm

captain organic wrote:
agree beast, Cung is looking super soft. Wasted talent is my take. Cause he HAS talent.

MAKES ME SICK! Movies would have been there next year. The guy had all the tools to win. He could've been 10-0 by now if he hadn't done those movies and possibly even signed with the UFC. I doubt he would leave SF, but you never know if the guy had done what could have been.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
big man to admit that beast cause i agree

i honestly think CUng realized an old Frank Shamrock was scary and he realized there were atleast 5 guys in the division better than Frank and that scared him

Guys like Jacare would be scary fights for Cung no doubt. Cung handled Frank like he was nothing though and I don't see the Manhoefs or even Nate Diaz beating Cung. Anything could happen though in this wonderful sport so who really knows?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Funny how if someone mentions Strikforce and MW in the same thread I talk about Cung. lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:21 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

MAKES ME SICK! Movies would have been there next year. The guy had all the tools to win. He could've been 10-0 by now if he hadn't done those movies and possibly even signed with the UFC. I doubt he would leave SF, but you never know if the guy had done what could have been.

UFC or not, the momentum off the Shamrock win(a classic fight imo) coupled with a few more quality wins could have raised Le into a much higher level of fame. Oddly enough the movie making killed his marketability. He still has time to recapture that momentum, but doesn't seem interested in taking advantage.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:27 pm

see i gotta disagree Beast he broke Franks arm early and Frank started getting to him near the end of the fight
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:16 am

Birdofthad wrote:
see i gotta disagree Beast he broke Franks arm early and Frank started getting to him near the end of the fight

I thought Frank said he broke it in the third round? Either way Cung beat that ass bad. Frank won the fight for about 30 total seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....   Jacare vs Kennedy for the title..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacare vs Kennedy for the title.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next