Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Immediate Rematch or not?

Go down 
+10
KingsOwn19
LA
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
throwdownfight1
acccardinal12
josh200612
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Ziggy116
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Should Rampage and Machida rematch right away?
Yes
Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 13 ]
No
Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 am

2 losses in a row for Lyoto, he wouldn't get Shad IMO, even though he should get that kind of fight. Page is either getting or 1 win away from a title shot with that win, whether controversial or not.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 am

Rampage is an idiot

he won the fight'

stop fueling the opponenets claim, Machida won 1 round a nd didnt do enough to make it 10-8

No way do i want a rematch

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:43 am

LA wrote:
2 losses in a row for Lyoto, he wouldn't get Shad IMO, even though he should get that kind of fight. Page is either getting or 1 win away from a title shot with that win, whether controversial or not.

Yeah, we are getting further and further away from the "Machida Era" Many thought no way could Page even hang with Lyoto. Granted tight decision, but it's clear that Lyoto is not a 1a behind Rua.

And Page is finding himself waiting for the judges score cards way too often. 205 is pretty muddied up from 2-5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:01 am

It's got to now be-

1. Mauricio Rua
2. Rashad Evans
3. Quinton Jackson
4. Lyoto Machida
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
He took a couple pretty nice uppercuts

I was hoping for that slam off the armbar so bad lol, it was still sweet to see him lift up and then just toss Machida back to his feet

I was screaming at my computer for that slam. Glad to see he got him up though, I was worried he may not have had enough in the tank to do it. Machida looked like a damn Ninja getting to his feet!
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I was hoping for that slam off the armbar so bad lol, it was still sweet to see him lift up and then just toss Machida back to his feet

I was screaming at my computer for that slam. Glad to see he got him up though, I was worried he may not have had enough in the tank to do it. Machida looked like a damn Ninja getting to his feet!

lol did you see when he was almost on his feet he threw a punch? machida kind of reminds me of a sucker puncher always trying to hit you when you are not looking.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Machida was really wary of Page's power which is the main reason as the fight came closer that I thought it wouldn't be the blowout that many were expecting. He'll be back, but I still don't really want a rematch
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:51 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

lol did you see when he was almost on his feet he threw a punch? machida kind of reminds me of a sucker puncher always trying to hit you when you are not looking.

Yea it was ridiculous. Then there was this....
Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 1_21_11_10_1_13_37
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:31 pm

All the action in the third, no I do not want to see a rematch. Machida is amazing but only when he wants to be.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 pm

i want to see a rematch but its clear who the better fighter was and is. machida won the fight and its obvious page didnt want to engage and instead wanted to clinch. no need for a rematch. it was just karma for machida from the first shogun match
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immediate Rematch or not?   Immediate Rematch or not? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Immediate Rematch or not?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3