Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ wants immediate rematch

Go down 
+4
LA
SOKO
Bigs03
MMAEYES
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

BJ wants immediate rematch Empty
PostSubject: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

"One judge scored every round for Edgar but what I saw in the fight when I was watching it, and I haven’t watched it again on tape, but watching it as it happened, I felt that BJ won the first three rounds. The fourth round was even and I think he lost the last round. So I feel BJ won the fight. He was also battling a sinus infection and was on antibiotics, so he was not one hundred percent. I’m not making any excuses, that is just what happened. I didn’t see him lose that fight but I did see him lose the last round. As for effectiveness of punches, I thought BJ had it. Frankie got two takedowns but BJ got up real fast and nothing happened on the ground there, so I don’t know if they could score the fight based on those two takedowns... I’m not taking anything from Frankie Edgar. He fought a real good fight and had a good strategy. His stand-up was good, he was moving a lot in and out real fast. Frankie fought a very good and strategic fight. I don’t want this to be about criticizing Frankie because I like him and he fought well... Going into the 5th round I told BJ that he had to win this round to win the fight. But sometimes things don’t go the right way. Being on antibiotics and struggling to get better from being sick and having a fever over the course of two weeks, these were some of the factors that slowed him down. That wasn’t the BJ Penn that we had in camp for three months going through sparring partners the way he did. We never took Frankie Edgar like he wasn’t a world contender. We took him very serious. We knew he could do damage to BJ in stand up and with takedowns. We were working BJ Penn wasn’t 100 percent, what you saw in the fight was him battling being sick. He didn’t want to call Dana three weeks before the fight and cancel because he was sick. BJ being the champion that he is just went in there and fought... When we got back into the locker room BJ said ‘Sorry guys.’ He did the best he could after being sick and all of that. He said, “I did the best I could. I couldn’t get things off and going. I wanted to do something and couldn’t get it to come out.” He apologized to us but I told him “Hey, just got to go back to the camp start training and get going.” Everything happens for a reason and maybe this reason is next time we get sick don’t fight (laughs). Who was the better man that night? That’s what it came down to... making 155 is the limit for BJ, I feel, to be honest. He had considered 170 again just to fight GSP. But we had long talks about what he was going to do and he wanted to stay 155 to make his legacy in that weight division. We are now just waiting for Dana to give us the call for Frankie Edgar again... Straight to the rematch. I was talking to BJ and we are looking for a straight automatic rematch. We don’t know when but we’d like it in Hawaii... We want to fight Frankie again as soon as possible. If he had won this fight he wanted to fight every month and a half. Had he defended the title, he wanted to fight again within the next month and a half and that was our plan, that’s how training camp was going. We just have to wait for Dana’s word."
- Head trainer of our Champ, Rudy Valentino in a tell all interview with cagepotato.com.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 am

Yeah, you're making a lot of excuses for BJ...actually.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 am

I really wish Rudy didn't say anything about BJ being sick. I hate when people say I'm not giving an excuse, then they give an excuse. That being said even if you want to believe Frankie won you've got to agree it was close enough to earn an immediate rematch.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I really wish Rudy didn't say anything about BJ being sick. I hate when people say I'm not giving an excuse, then they give an excuse. That being said even if you want to believe Frankie won you've got to agree it was close enough to earn an immediate rematch.

Yeah it was super close but I have no problem with the decision. But yeah, he mentions BJ being sick 3 or 4 times in the article right after claiming to take nothing away from Frankie and saying he wasn't making excuses for BJ. Stupid.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

it was close and like they say to be the champ you must beat the champ. Edgar looked good all five rounds but was close enough to offer a rematch but BJ was not in the same shape as he was in the diego fight. Bj is either 50% or 110% nothing in between. I had it bj round 1,2 3rd was any ones and edgar in the 4th and 5th. 50-45 GTFO
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:18 am

UPDATE- BJ says on his website that the ufc has already contacted him about a rematch nothing offical yet but it's coming.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:21 am

Fuck Yeah!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 am

MMAEYES wrote:
UPDATE- BJ says on his website that the ufc has already contacted him about a rematch nothing offical yet but it's coming.

great news, I like it alot.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 am

You know it Sooner! I don't think anything should stop it from happening. If I'm Frankie I want the rematch just as bad to prove to guys like me that he really can beat BJ.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 am

And BJ will be out to prove that with his A game. Frankie just can't hang.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

well now we will have a bj at 110% and thats not good for frankie. But I think its BS bj has to get a rematch to take it that much more serious. He was winded in the 4th and 5th and was full speed against diego in the fourth. Blah blah blah sinus infection whatever you could see bj's physic it was nothing like the diego fight he was ripped.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 am

sokolkevin wrote:
well now we will have a bj at 110% and thats not good for frankie. But I think its BS bj has to get a rematch to take it that much more serious. He was winded in the 4th and 5th and was full speed against diego in the fourth. Blah blah blah sinus infection whatever you could see bj's physic it was nothing like the diego fight he was ripped.

I agree. Don't get me wrong I still think BJ won that fight but he did slow down in the last rounds. I was worried watching BJ's blogs leading up to the fight didn't seem like he was working as hard. Like I said before I don't by the sick excuse. He blogs everyday I never saw one where he looked under the wheather. And sinus infections ain't shit, I live with a permanent one I've had all my life that doctors can't figure out, it never stopped me from training or anything else. Actually when I train my sinus's clear up as I'm training so I don't get that shit.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 am

as much as i like frankie edgar, bj gettin this rematch spells bad news for him
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:01 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
as much as i like frankie edgar, bj gettin this rematch spells bad news for him

Fuck yeah it does! Welcome to ninja's place by the way!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

let diego and maynard fight for the next shot
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Diego's next fight is at WW and he wouldn't be in front of Kenny anyway
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm

bob, forgot about diego at ww I think diego> florian would like to see diego vs maynard for winner of pennvs edgar 2
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm

I wish BJ wasn't wearing those glasses in the video. I want to see what the marks under his eyes look like now.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:47 pm

diego back at 170 so that leaves maynard which barely got by a game diaz so imo bj vs edgar sounds good lets make it happen.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:53 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I wish BJ wasn't wearing those glasses in the video. I want to see what the marks under his eyes look like now.

Wish I could have seen his interview on fox and friends. I'm sure he wasn't wearing shades for that. There's a pic of BJ and Rudy that was posted with the rudy interview I just can't tell if it's old or not. If it's not BJ barely has anything on his face
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Wish I could have seen his interview on fox and friends. I'm sure he wasn't wearing shades for that. There's a pic of BJ and Rudy that was posted with the rudy interview I just can't tell if it's old or not. If it's not BJ barely has anything on his face

Didn't see the pic but I'm guessing it is old. I'm sure he still has visable cuts under both eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ wants immediate rematch   BJ wants immediate rematch Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ wants immediate rematch
Page 1 of 1