Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared

Go down 
+7
dmar5143
4445Frank
WinstonSmith
captainanddew
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
RUM CAPITAL
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
A small welterweight like Floyd beating a prime Marvin Hagler?Like Ray Charles,I just can't see it.

Surely you can't be serious, Floyd Mayweather has the power to knock down The Big Show.

He IS serious and don't call him Surely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Hagler might have an Italian villa but he doesn't own a successful record label like Floyd does.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
A small welterweight like Floyd beating a prime Marvin Hagler?Like Ray Charles,I just can't see it.

Surely you can't be serious, Floyd Mayweather has the power to knock down The Big Show.

Wasn't he wearing brass knuckles?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Hagler might have an Italian villa but he doesn't own a successful record label like Floyd does.

You never heard of the "Destruct and Destroy" record label?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:30 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

No Floyd's knuckles are as strong as brass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Well Hagler hasn't made a cool rap video

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I actually once possessed the destruct and destroy t-shirt.Wore it when watching Ray Leonard train at Top Level Gym in Phoenix.He laughed when he saw it,and said,"I'm not sure if I should sign this poster for you.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Well Hagler hasn't made a cool rap video

True!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I actually once possessed the destruct and destroy t-shirt.Wore it when watching Ray Leonard train at Top Level Gym in Phoenix.He laughed when he saw it,and said,"I'm not sure if I should sign this poster for you.

Very Happy You seem to have alot of great stories from your past Randy, the naughty strippers and now having a banter with Sugar Ray Leonard, I envy you.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Very Happy You seem to have alot of great stories from your past Randy, the naughty strippers and now having a banter with Sugar Ray Leonard, I envy you.

Watching Ray skip rope to the Sweet Georgia Brown was amazing.After training the attendees formed a line around the ring to have a meet and greet with Ray.
I put down my old KO magazine poster of Ray for just a moment and his son Ray Jr. grabbed it and walked away with it,when I told Leonard his boy could keep it,he laughed and said,it's not like he's never seen it before."His boy must have been about five years old at the time.true story.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

When I was younger I used to follow fighters religiously and would sometimes skip school to sit in on training sessions that were open to the public,not that I would condone such a thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Now that is the attitude of a true diehard fan, I definitely condone it, especially since you were young during one of the best decades for boxing.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Now that is the attitude of a true diehard fan, I definitely condone it, especially since you were young during one of the best decades for boxing.

It was fun until I got caught by parents.My worst punishment as a teenager was being confined to my room while my father was watching the Ali-Spinks rematch.I'm not sure what I did to warrant that,but I'm sure it was somewhat grievous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

It was fun until I got caught by parents.My worst punishment as a teenager was being confined to my room while my father was watching the Ali-Spinks rematch.I'm not sure what I did to warrant that,but I'm sure it was somewhat grievous.

That's just harsh, you'd think papa would be proud of you for meeting Sugar Ray.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

That's just harsh, you'd think papa would be proud of you for meeting Sugar Ray.

This was before I pulled the Leonard caper.I think I "borrowed" the old man's car without his permission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:05 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

This was before I pulled the Leonard caper.I think I "borrowed" the old man's car without his permission.

That's so American Laughing
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

I thought I was getting away with it the whole time until I realized my father was recording the mileage and there was no way I was going to talk my way out of that one.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

[quote="WinstonSmith"]
Ali_1748 wrote:

It was fun until I got caught by parents.My worst punishment as a teenager was being confined to my room while my father was watching the Ali-Spinks rematch.I'm not sure what I did to warrant that,but I'm sure it was somewhat grievous.[/quote]

For THAT I assume you had either raped a nun or killed a child!

Not seeing Ali's last hurrah? THAT's a big time punishment!
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

It was fun until I got caught by parents.My worst punishment as a teenager was being confined to my room while my father was watching the Ali-Spinks rematch.I'm not sure what I did to warrant that,but I'm sure it was somewhat grievous.[/quote]

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:14 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Having grown up idolizing Ali,that one hurt more than any rendering of my backside would.I was allowed out after the fight was off the air and my father calmly said that Ali had won the title for the third time.Ouch!
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 pm

[quote="WinstonSmith"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Having grown up idolizing Ali,that one hurt more than any rendering of my backside would.I was allowed out after the fight was off the air and my father calmly said that Ali had won the title for the third time.Ouch!
I consider that "Cruel and Unusual" punishment.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 pm

[quote="WinstonSmith"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I was fourteen that night and I knew i was watching something otherworldly. It was simply impossible that at 36-37 Ali could still move and dance his way to one more crown. I asked my Dad after about the third round "He can't do this all night can he?" My Dad just shook his head. But that's what made Ali, Ali. He had this flair for the impossible.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:59 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Here's the Marvin we miss.

HAGLER: Well you know, that was a tough time in a great era in a sense because I believe that all these guys could fight. You weren’t going to have a field day like with what they’re doing today. I mean all these guys had like over forty fights or whatever, where these guys now today have only like twenty fights and they’re world champions? I mean, come on! It took me fifty fights to get a shot at the title, which was probably the best thing so I was able to hold onto it a lot longer. Most of the fighters today, I think they hold the title from about six months to one year and then all of a sudden they lost it. So I still feel as though for the throwbacks in the old days that that was the best lesson for me, to go through the hard way, which I did, and then when you retire it’s knowing that you have fought the best in the world. You got nothing else to prove.

and more importantly, this
HAGLER: Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say ‘I’ll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I’ll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I’ll come to your house’.
That belongs on the wall of evey boxing gym.

Good for Marvin. Well said for a guy who fought when the competition was alot better. Floyd needs to find his testicles and show everyone how big they are or admit he has a vagina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2