Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!

Go down 
+2
4445Frank
sugarrayhatton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! Empty
PostSubject: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:38 pm

I just had the fight on fight night round 3 lol,
Ray gets dropped in round 1, after starting the round well using his movement and the jab, hagler begins to cut off the ring, trapping ray in the corner and pounding him to the body, near the end of the round the body shots take their toll and ray and his movement slows greatly and he gets dropped. Round 2 starts like round 1, with ray jabbing and countering well, hagler is a sucker for the left uppercut and gets hit with it a number of times. He has him moments tho when he gets ray in the corner, the body attack in round 1 has taken its toll on ray and his movement is still slow but ray wins the round.
Rounds 3-5 are pretty similar, with robinson winning off his speed and countering, with hagler getting success when ray is pinned against the ropes or in the corner, robinson HATES being pinned it seems, he ships a lot of punishment in the corners. Round 6 and it is going pretty much the same way as the other rounds with ray jabbing the face off hagler, only now his hooks are starting to land with greater regularity, as well as the occasional left uppercut which hagler still hasnt learned to block, then at the end of the round hagler hits ray with a HUGE shot in the corner, he nearly goes down but manages to hang on. Round 7, Haglers face is now badly marked up, with huge swelling over both eyes, and he is visibly tiring, ray has slowed a lot and his footwork is slow. he is now standing and trading with hagler, but now he is the aggressor in the exchanges, he stalks hagler around the ring, getting the better of the toe to toe exchanges and hurting hagler with huge hooks and uppercuts He drops hagler in the last 10 seconds of the round, hagler is lucky the round is over when he gets up. Round 8 and it is all robinson, he chases hagler landing huge shots in every exchange, he puts hagler down with a left to the body followed by a big right hook. Hagler gets up at 6 only to face a savage onslaught from robinson, after which hagler is is laid crumpled on the ropes, a beaten man.

It happened in fight night so it must be true lol ( i was robinson btw lol)

Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:58 pm

I agree that RR beats MW but I don't know about the knockdowns.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:06 am

Robinson was the better fighter,but not at MW.Ray's best days were at Welter.I actually lean towards a 1981 Marvin in this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 am

Robinson would walk away with a decision.
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Hagler of 81 would have beaten Ray anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. The 87 Hagler probably would have taken a 15 round decision with a late TKO possible.
Hager was just tooooo big and toooooo strong for Ray. I dont think anyone but maybe Monzon would have the durability to hang with a prime and prepared Hagler for 15.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:38 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
Hagler of 81 would have beaten Ray anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. The 87 Hagler probably would have taken a 15 round decision with a late TKO possible.
Hager was just tooooo big and toooooo strong for Ray. I dont think anyone but maybe Monzon would have the durability to hang with a prime and prepared Hagler for 15.

Disagree. A 25 year old Robinson is just too ring-wise for Hagler.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
Where the hell have you been BL?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:59 am

Marvin never lost to the same fighter twice.Wonder how a rematch or trilogy would play out.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:18 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Marvin never lost to the same fighter twice.Wonder how a rematch or trilogy would play out.
I think Marvin's one the best that ever did it, but Ray beats him 3 out of 3 times. As a fighter, Marvin was repetitive. Ray would've figured him out and outboxed him to some eventful but unanimous decisions. As far as punching power goes, Ray had 110 ko,s. He doesn't stop Hagler, but he holds him off.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:46 am

marvins no doubt a top great middleweight..to say perhaps only monson could hang with him for 15 rounds is far from accurate..did not duran past his best do that or a vito A who gave marvin fits and talent wise was very mediocre..haglers style is very predicatable and to say hed ko a guy who can fight with power and versitality and adapts to any style ill disagree on..ray had to much ring smarts and guns for the great hagler...i also strongly feel not only can a harry greb hang in there for 15 rounds against hagler but beats him with a UD thats by at least 4 points or better..if hagler had big problems with the crowding vito he will have a zillion problems with greb..monzon and marvin maybe split two fights..if there a third ill favor monzon.noo question haglers name belongs rightly in a conversation when folks talk the 5 or 6 greatest middles ever..
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:49 am

dmar5143 wrote:
marvins no doubt a top great middleweight..to say perhaps only monson could hang with him for 15 rounds is far from accurate..did not duran past his best do that or a vito A who gave marvin fits and talent wise was very mediocre..haglers style is very predicatable and to say hed ko a guy who can fight with power and versitality and adapts to any style ill disagree on..ray had to much ring smarts and guns for the great hagler...i also strongly feel not only can a harry greb hang in there for 15 rounds against hagler but beats him with a UD thats by at least 4 points or better..if hagler had big problems with the crowding vito he will have a zillion problems with greb..monzon and marvin maybe split two fights..if there a third ill favor monzon.noo question haglers name belongs rightly in a conversation when folks talk the 5 or 6 greatest middles ever..
+1
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 am

to continue i also feel theres noo doubt jake lamotta goes 15 and gives marvin a fight in a losing cause in a close fight.ditto gene fullmer...joey giardello if he trained for this was was rugged enough and a cutie in the ring could hang in there for 15..mickey walker also..marvin just may have a lot of problems with the rugged hard hitting toy bulldog...and theres noo doubt mickey would of crushed vito A..there are others also that will do 15..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!   hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!! Empty

Back to top Go down

hagler v robinson.......I know who wins!!
Page 1 of 1