Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared

Go down 
+7
dmar5143
4445Frank
WinstonSmith
captainanddew
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
RUM CAPITAL
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared Empty
PostSubject: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Here's the Marvin we miss.

HAGLER: Well you know, that was a tough time in a great era in a sense because I believe that all these guys could fight. You weren’t going to have a field day like with what they’re doing today. I mean all these guys had like over forty fights or whatever, where these guys now today have only like twenty fights and they’re world champions? I mean, come on! It took me fifty fights to get a shot at the title, which was probably the best thing so I was able to hold onto it a lot longer. Most of the fighters today, I think they hold the title from about six months to one year and then all of a sudden they lost it. So I still feel as though for the throwbacks in the old days that that was the best lesson for me, to go through the hard way, which I did, and then when you retire it’s knowing that you have fought the best in the world. You got nothing else to prove.

and more importantly, this
HAGLER: Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say ‘I’ll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I’ll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I’ll come to your house’.
That belongs on the wall of evey boxing gym.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:04 pm

nice quote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:12 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Here's the Marvin we miss.

HAGLER: Well you know, that was a tough time in a great era in a sense because I believe that all these guys could fight. You weren’t going to have a field day like with what they’re doing today. I mean all these guys had like over forty fights or whatever, where these guys now today have only like twenty fights and they’re world champions? I mean, come on! It took me fifty fights to get a shot at the title, which was probably the best thing so I was able to hold onto it a lot longer. Most of the fighters today, I think they hold the title from about six months to one year and then all of a sudden they lost it. So I still feel as though for the throwbacks in the old days that that was the best lesson for me, to go through the hard way, which I did, and then when you retire it’s knowing that you have fought the best in the world. You got nothing else to prove.

and more importantly, this
HAGLER: Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say ‘I’ll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I’ll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I’ll come to your house’.
That belongs on the wall of evey boxing gym.
Great Great quote. The men that I said were cowards (not going to name names) should read that.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Always marvelous.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:07 pm

While we're on the subject of Hagler,here is a bit of trivia for you all.Marvin said of this man,"he was the toughest opponent I've ever faced in the ring."Mustapha Hamsho is not the correct answer.I'll check back with you cats when I get back from work.This may be a tough one.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 pm

No idea who Hagler thought his toughtest opponent was but the interview was great. It was nice to hear from him after all these years. Last time I saw him, which was about 5 years ago on HBO, he looked great.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:49 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
While we're on the subject of Hagler,here is a bit of trivia for you all.Marvin said of this man,"he was the toughest opponent I've ever faced in the ring."Mustapha Hamsho is not the correct answer.I'll check back with you cats when I get back from work.This may be a tough one.
The Mosquito?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 pm

lol haglers said what marble and i have been saying all along..marvin gets it..fight site..yeah ill fight you in your living room..sorry again it may sound like a broken record but myself and marble will play that record every time..excuses excuses are BS.real fighters like marvin greb robinson armstrong duran and countless others say..ok lets get it on..anytime anyplace anywhere..hows in 10 weeks sound..duh let me think..excuse 74 to 165 the floyd mayweather school of non fighting or haye or winky wright and now the feared paul williams and countless others.fighters fight..the real ones that is..
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:53 am

WinstonSmith wrote:

Marvin was referring to the late Kevin Finnegan.The man was stopped on cuts twice against Marvin,but never was knocked off his feet.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 am

dmar5143 wrote:
lol haglers said what marble and i have been saying all along..marvin gets it..fight site..yeah ill fight you in your living room..sorry again it may sound like a broken record but myself and marble will play that record every time..excuses excuses are BS.real fighters like marvin greb robinson armstrong duran and countless others say..ok lets get it on..anytime anyplace anywhere..hows in 10 weeks sound..duh let me think..excuse 74 to 165 the floyd mayweather school of non fighting or haye or winky wright and now the feared paul williams and countless others.fighters fight..the real ones that is..
Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 am

Hagler or Chuck Norris, who's tougher ?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

"HUGO CORRO IS A SISSY!!!"

I miss Marvin
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:

I miss Marvin

I am beginning to think there really are two schools of thought for the boxing fan.

The Haglerites and the Flomos.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:

I miss Marvin

I am beginning to think there really are two schools of thought for the boxing fan.

The Haglerites and the Flomos.
... and those that recognize the difference between the two. Fans with fighters who like to duck other fighters are often times in denial. The term "Flomo" (One who ducks an opponent) might become a household phrase for boxing fans. That would be ashame, seeing that his fans would be oblivious as to why that materialized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Floyd boxes Hagler's socks off 100 times out of 100.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Well, it's safe to say that anyone who saw Hagler fight in his day would disagree with that. That said, I doubt Floyd would've taken that fight. They'd have to drag him out of his dressing room and put a cage around the ring for Floyd to fight this one. Hagler comes at Floyd and Floyd has nothing to keep him off with. That would be the story. A whole new reality for MW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Well, it's safe to say that anyone who saw Hagler fight in his day would disagree with that. That said, I doubt Floyd would've taken that fight. They'd have to drag him out of his dressing room and put a cage around the ring for Floyd to fight this one. Hagler comes at Floyd and Floyd has nothing to keep him off with. That would be the story. A whole new reality for MW.
I have to think that if JLC can beat Floyd so can an ATG like Hagler. Hagler might litteraly kill Floyd.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Floyd would never take that fight.

Besides, Hagler is way to big and powerful for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Hagler would have said No Mas in the 9th round.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Well given that Floyd has never fought at middleweight and Hagler is an ATG at 160. I got Hagler by KO.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

That's just silly. Floyd's NEVER faced anyone with Hagler's reach or power. Hagler annihilates Floyd. He's too damned big.

It's also a completely unfair comparison for Floyd. It's like saying Marvin boxes Wlad's socks off.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Hagler would have said No Mas in the 9th round.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Good one!
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:21 pm

A small welterweight like Floyd beating a prime Marvin Hagler?Like Ray Charles,I just can't see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
A small welterweight like Floyd beating a prime Marvin Hagler?Like Ray Charles,I just can't see it.

Surely you can't be serious, Floyd Mayweather has the power to knock down The Big Show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared   lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared Empty

Back to top Go down

lmao hagler says mayweather's a little scared
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next