Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth

Go down 
+4
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth Empty
PostSubject: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Mo Lawal: Strikeforce is 'Like a Dying Cancer Patient'

King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth 18_king_mo_lawal_large

"King" Mo Lawal has continued on with another one of his typical outspoken interviews, this time with MMA Fighting. In it, he discusses who he would like to fight for the Strikeforce light heavyweight title, and what he thinks about Strikeforce itself. Lawal, who has been working with AKA in preparation for his September 10th battle with BJJ phenom Roger Gracie, first discussed the possibility of fighting for a vacant title if current champion Dan Henderson went back to the UFC:

"If I'm going to fight for the belt, I want to fight the champ, and that's Dan," said Lawal, who insisted he had no interest in owning a title that's been vacated by the previous champ.

"The thing is, what's the point? What's the point of having the belt when it's been vacated, and the person who vacated it is still fighting somewhere else within the same umbrella, but not the same organization?"

And as for Strikeforce itself? He apparently doesn't feel that there's a lot at stake any more when it comes to fighting in the organization:

"It feels a little weird, because it's not the same," Lawal said. "It's like a cancer patient, like a dying cancer patient. That's how I feel like the organization is. We're just waiting for it to die, to pass. As long as I can get my fights in and they're still around, I want to get them in."

I think it's quite premature to write off the entire company, but it's easy to see where he's coming from with statements like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:58 pm

not the first fighter to say this, and definitely not the last
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Page-Mo needs to happen within the next year
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Yeah, that would be the first fight with two true shit talkers in a good while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:13 pm

I could certainly go for King Mo and Page!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Hell yes! It will be some more "Black on Black Crime".
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 pm

That isn't fake either. Rampage legitimately hates him. When Ariel asked him a question about Mo in an interview a while ago it was hilarious when he immediately cut him off with something like "I don't give a fuck about that pussy. Next question"
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
That isn't fake either. Rampage legitimately hates him. When Ariel asked him a question about Mo in an interview a while ago it was hilarious when he immediately cut him off with something like "I don't give a fuck about that pussy. Next question"

LMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:41 pm

King Mo hates Rampage also and is the 1 guy he wants to fight most.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Man when a black guy accuses another black guy of being an uncle tom and claiming he doesn't want to see other black people make it...... yeah theres gonna be a fight sooner or later wheather they get paid and we all get to see it or not lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Man when a black guy accuses another black guy of being an uncle tom and claiming he doesn't want to see other black people make it...... yeah theres gonna be a fight sooner or later wheather they get paid and we all get to see it or not lol

frazier is still bitter about Ali calling him an uncle tom. Dude mocks ali and his parkinsons.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

frazier is still bitter about Ali calling him an uncle tom. Dude mocks ali and his parkinsons.

"I did that to him"
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:16 pm

I remember watching the entire video of that car ride when it came out and laughing my ass off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 am

King Mo vs. Page: Black on Black crime part II.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mo Lawal on Strikeforce: Seems like Dr. Kevorkian is waiting to pull the plug   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25207/mo-lawal-on-strikeforce-seems-like-dr-kevorkian-is-waiting-to-pull-the-plug.mma

At this past weekend's poorly attended Strikeforce event, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal was one of the few to say it – even though most people were thinking it.

Strikeforce appears all but dead.

"I (had) thought Strikeforce was a cancer patient," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Man, it's a damn AIDS patient instead – with Dr. Jack Kevorkian in the background ready to pull the plug."

Lawal's criticism began even before the event, "Strikeforce Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov," which took place Saturday at Cincinanti's U.S. Bank Arena. Lawal (8-1 MMA, 3-1 SF) defeated fellow light heavyweight Roger Gracie (4-1 MMA, 2-1 SF) via first-round knockout on the Showtime-televised main card.

Despite the victory and his long-awaited return from a 13-month layoff due to knee surgery, Lawal was irked even before the event. In fact, the exasperation was evident during a pre-event press conference, where he openly wondered why more media members weren't covering the event. He then wondered why UFC-bound Strikeforce fighters – most notably Nick Diaz – were overshadowing the pre-show coverage.

And he couldn't help but wonder how a major event with plenty of star power appeared to draw no more than 2,000 fans.

"It was a damn shame, dawg," Lawal said. "It was sad. There was like, what? Two-thousand people there?"

With the poorly attended victory, the former Strikeforce champ seems a likely option for a title fight, especially now that current light-heavyweight champ Dan Henderson appears headed to the UFC. But as MMAjunkie.com reported over the weekend, Lawal said he doesn't want to contend for a vacant belt and would rather fight the winner of such a title fight, even if that means putting off a fight with Gegard Mousasi or a rematch with Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, who delivered Lawal his only career loss.

"If Dan has the belt and is in Strikeforce, I'll fight Dan for the belt," Lawal said on Saturday. "If it's vacant, Mousasi can fight someone for the belt.

"I want to fight someone who has the belt. I don't want to fight for no vacant title."

But whether that title fight ever materializes is up for debate. Currently, Strikeforce has just one more major event planned before year's end (on Dec. 17). After that, the heavyweight grand-prix's conclusion tentatively is scheduled for early 2012.

And after that, your guess is as good as Lawal's.

"From what I understand, I think Strikeforce will be done," he said. "I don't even know. Maybe we (UFC and Strikeforce fighters) are all folded together. I have no idea. I've been hearing rumors. I heard it might keep going. I heard it might be dead. I don't know. I have like one or two more fights (left on my contract), and then I'll see what's up after that.

"But my gut feeling? If it's not fighting, I'm always wrong every time. I'm terrible. So I don't know."

As for his victory itself, Lawal said it came a little easier than expected. He anticipated a long, drawn-out affair, but once he reassessed the situation on fight night, he knew he could throw caution to the wind.

"I don't know what he was trying to do really," Lawal said of Gracie. "He couldn't hit me that hard. As soon I felt his jab and how he was throwing it, I was like, 'You know what? I'm going to make this a brawl as much as I can. I'm going to land that big left hook or that 'Doomsday' right hand.'

"I've got that John Howard in my right hand, know what I mean?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth   King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo: Never Been Scared of the Truth
Page 1 of 1