Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did Vitali survive this ?

Go down 
+6
Birdofthad
timthebim
KrazyHorseBennett
Tobe06
4445Frank
marbleheadmaui
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:57 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
As far the Vitali Klit - Lennox Lewis fight goes, it's convinced me to buy a pair of very effective glasses. My eye sight is obviously not what it used to be. If Sooner , who knows the sport of boxing very well, and countless others are still debating who won this fight, I just didn't see it clearly. I've seen horror films and then I've seen Vitali's face after this fight. However, no way I saw his face. You guys can't possibly be deabating if you saw what I saw.

That has become very debatable.
I can vouch for Soonermark, so can dmar, Marble and Ali. A difference of opinion is just that. Hell, I thought Ali should've been the winner of the "A"s instead of Armstrong. That doesn't mean I'm right. I thought Lennox was about to seriously hurt a very game Vitali. It doesn't mean he was. It means, that's my opinion. I reserve the right to be educated on every observation I make. That's how I've given myself the freedom to learn.

The best days are when someone changes my mind. Then I know I'm still open and that I'm smarter than I was yesterday.
I agree with you in part. But the problem was the circumstances. As a fan I view it as a duck because to me the first guy to present a real threat to him in years gets cut LL gets lucky in my view and wins. Then many many boxing fans and experts call for a rematch. LL decides instead of giving his short notice opponent a rematch he retires. That is why I think it was a duck instead of a good time to retire. Had Lewis been under any other circumstances I would not say those things.

And like I said, only a fighter knows when it is time to go. Given Lewis' history it is awfully hard to lable him anything but a warrior. I applaud men who are smart enough to save their money and get out with their health, family and money. Lewis is one of those guys.
I agree with most of that. My question is how does a "warrior" not fight the rematch? It was the first time in years that he had a game guy in front of him that was as big as him and he was having trouble.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
As far the Vitali Klit - Lennox Lewis fight goes, it's convinced me to buy a pair of very effective glasses. My eye sight is obviously not what it used to be. If Sooner , who knows the sport of boxing very well, and countless others are still debating who won this fight, I just didn't see it clearly. I've seen horror films and then I've seen Vitali's face after this fight. However, no way I saw his face. You guys can't possibly be deabating if you saw what I saw.

I can vouch for Soonermark, so can dmar, Marble and Ali. A difference of opinion is just that. Hell, I thought Ali should've been the winner of the "A"s instead of Armstrong. That doesn't mean I'm right. I thought Lennox was about to seriously hurt a very game Vitali. It doesn't mean he was. It means, that's my opinion. I reserve the right to be educated on every observation I make. That's how I've given myself the freedom to learn.

The best days are when someone changes my mind. Then I know I'm still open and that I'm smarter than I was yesterday.
I agree with you in part. But the problem was the circumstances. As a fan I view it as a duck because to me the first guy to present a real threat to him in years gets cut LL gets lucky in my view and wins. Then many many boxing fans and experts call for a rematch. LL decides instead of giving his short notice opponent a rematch he retires. That is why I think it was a duck instead of a good time to retire. Had Lewis been under any other circumstances I would not say those things.

And like I said, only a fighter knows when it is time to go. Given Lewis' history it is awfully hard to lable him anything but a warrior. I applaud men who are smart enough to save their money and get out with their health, family and money. Lewis is one of those guys.
I agree with most of that. My question is how does a "warrior" not fight the rematch? It was the first time in years that he had a game guy in front of him that was as big as him and he was having trouble.

Because he's 37 and knows he's over the hill. Did you hammer Mike Schmidt when he retired in mid season? Would anyone have gotten on Favre if he hadn't come back? Your logic almost requires a guy go out a loser. I mean, what happens if Lennox and Vitali fight again and Lewis wins a controversial split decision? Does he have to do it yet AGAINf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Because he's 37 and knows he's over the hill. Did you hammer Mike Schmidt when he retired in mid season? Would anyone have gotten on Favre if he hadn't come back? Your logic almost requires a guy go out a loser. I mean, what happens if Lennox and Vitali fight again and Lewis wins a controversial split decision? Does he have to do it yet AGAINf
Yes, If he is able to fight to a split decision with Vitali that shows me he is not over the hill. Also I would give someone crap for not finishing a season. If Farve retires mid season I will bash the hell out of him.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Yes, If he is able to fight to a split decision with Vitali that shows me he is not over the hill. Also I would give someone crap for not finishing a season. If Farve retires mid season I will bash the hell out of him.

So your logic says fighters must fight until they get the crap kicked out of them or be called a ducker? Not buying it. A ducker is a guy in his prime who avoids one guy to fight a lesser guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

So your logic says fighters must fight until they get the crap kicked out of them or be called a ducker? Not buying it. A ducker is a guy in his prime who avoids one guy to fight a lesser guy.
No, you are forgetting the circumstances involved. You are trying to simplify it and you cant. If he had retired before the Vitali fight then that would be fine but he didnt.

I see what you are doing you clever dog you. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Oh I forgot to add something Marble.
By your logic it all depends on the mans age and not his ability huh? So if a fighter is shot at age 28 and retires instead of fighting the best out there is that a duck?

BTW I already know how you will respond. LOL
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:15 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

No, you are forgetting the circumstances involved. You are trying to simplify it and you cant. If he had retired before the Vitali fight then that would be fine but he didnt.

What circumstances? Lewis hit Klitschko so hard he almost ripped his eye out. Vitali didn't have the durability to finish the fight. I also saw a completely different dynamic at the end. I saw Lennox asserting himself and on his way to a KO win.

Simple is ALWAYS better. Smile I'm out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:20 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

What circumstances? Lewis hit Klitschko so hard he almost ripped his eye out. Vitali didn't have the durability to finish the fight. I also saw a completely different dynamic at the end. I saw Lennox asserting himself and on his way to a KO win.

Simple is ALWAYS better. Smile I'm out!
LMAO this is why I love you marble. You can argue without being rude.

See I think the bold is the problem here. If you are right I have zero argument but I believe it was Vitali who was on his way to a victory if he had another round or two. Thats why this is always going to be argued. I am not the only one who thinks this way. Most of my friends who are huge boxing fans feel this way as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:32 am

soonermark890 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Because dip shit when you run away from a fight that is cowardly. Stop being an ass hole all the time. You think you are so smart but in reality you are just nuthugging anther british fighter who you think can do no wrong.

Oops I pressed edit instead of quote.

Lennox never ran away from Vitali, the first fight made him release he no longer had the motivation or hunger to continue boxing, Lewis had been the champion for 4 years and had fought and beaten everyone, there was no need to fight on.

I don't think I am smarter than anybody ! I am just a boxing fan expressing his opinion, and I find it ridiculous to claim Lennox Lewis is a coward considering the opponents he's fought over the years.[/quote]
Hey Ali make your own post instead of editing mine. Smart guy.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:49 am

I don't think Lewis owed Vitali or anyone else anything. He beat Vitali fair and square. Lewis cut Vitali up so bad with a punch that Vitali couldn't continue anymore. Thats a legitimate way of winning the fight. Also we could see that Lewis was out of shape and fading and he still won. I don't think Lewis had to give Vitali a rematch just because some people (not everyone) felt Vitali could have won if he hadn't got cut. Well Lewis cut him with a punch so too bad. I think its unfair to call Lewis a coward because he decided to retire instead of giving Vitali a rematch when he never ducked anyone throughout his whole career.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 am

kbyte wrote:
I don't think Lewis owed Vitali or anyone else anything. He beat Vitali fair and square. Lewis cut Vitali up so bad with a punch that Vitali couldn't continue anymore. Thats a legitimate way of winning the fight. Also we could see that Lewis was out of shape and fading and he still won. I don't think Lewis had to give Vitali a rematch just because some people (not everyone) felt Vitali could have won if he hadn't got cut. Well Lewis cut him with a punch so too bad. I think its unfair to call Lewis a coward because he decided to retire instead of giving Vitali a rematch when he never ducked anyone throughout his whole career.
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 am

kbyte wrote:
Thats questionable as hell. How about when he decided to fight Rahman the first time instead of Oleg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am

kbyte wrote:

+2

Good to see you're back posting kbyte.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
kbyte wrote:

+2

Good to see you're back posting kbyte.
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:19 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
By your logic it all depends on the mans age and not his ability huh? So if a fighter is shot at age 28 and retires instead of fighting the best out there is that a duck?

Nope. A fighter gets to leave the sport when he wants. That isn't ducking. It is when he takes less dangerous fights over more dangerous that the lable sticks.

So were you right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Nope. A fighter gets to leave the sport when he wants. That isn't ducking. It is when he takes less dangerous fights over more dangerous that the lable sticks.

So were you right?
Yes sir I was. LOL

Is that bad that I already knew the response?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did Vitali survive this ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3