Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did Vitali survive this ?

Go down 
+6
Birdofthad
timthebim
KrazyHorseBennett
Tobe06
4445Frank
marbleheadmaui
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 am

soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
I highly doubt he was running away considering he looked slow and out of shape and still ripped his face off
WHAT? He ran into retirement.

No, Lennox done the rare thing of retiring once he realized he was too old and had lost the motivation for the sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
I highly doubt he was running away considering he looked slow and out of shape and still ripped his face off

No, Lennox done the rare thing of retiring once he realized he was too old and had lost the motivation for the sport.
No he ducked a challenge. A real champ would have been motivated to fight a rematch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

No he ducked a challenge. A real champ would have been motivated to fight a rematch.

Lennox ducked someone he had already beaten ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

He was 37 years old, it was time to retire while he was still the undisputed champion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

He was 37 years old, it was time to retire while he was still the undisputed champion.
I call that cowardly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

I call that cowardly.

Mark how can you call the last undisputed heavyweight champion a coward, sometimes you say the most stupid things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 am

[/quote]
Because dip shit when you run away from a fight that is cowardly. Stop being an ass hole all the time. You think you are so smart but in reality you are just nuthugging anther british fighter who you think can do no wrong.[/quote]

Lennox never ran away from Vitali, the first fight made him release he no longer had the motivation or hunger to continue boxing, Lewis had been the champion for 4 years and had fought and beaten everyone, there was no need to fight on.

I don't think I am smarter than anybody ! I am just a boxing fan expressing his opinion, and I find it ridiculous to claim Lennox Lewis is a coward considering the opponents he's fought over the years.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:53 am

Lennox Lewis was a great champion who beat every fighter he faced. He would have killed Vitali had the fight gone on. Once the motivation for him to fight was gone he intelligently stopped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Lennox Lewis was a great champion who beat every fighter he faced. He would have killed Vitali had the fight gone on. Once the motivation for him to fight was gone he intelligently stopped.
I disagree I thought Vitali was about to stop him and so did a ton of boxing fans back then. Everyone wanted to see a rematch. But instead he ran into reitrement. A true champ would have gave Vitali a rematch instead of running away from it.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:32 am

soonermark890 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
I disagree I thought Vitali was about to stop him and so did a ton of boxing fans back then. Everyone wanted to see a rematch. But instead he ran into reitrement. A true champ would have gave Vitali a rematch instead of running away from it.

I think Lewis played that just right. He wanted to go out on top and he did. It was pretty clear he wasn't in good shape for that fight and was looking at it as his last hurrah.

And what if he did give the rematch? Even if he beats Vitali again (which I think he would) you know Wlad would have piped up and called him out too, then wanted a rematch after their fight, etc, etc, etc.

Walking way at the right time is a rare skill for any sportsman (particularly boxers), and I think of Lennox as one of the better examples of it.

Last edited by Tobe06 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

I call that cowardly.

I call it wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

I call that cowardly.

I call it wise.
So you view a duck as wise?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yes he did.

I call that cowardly.

I call it wise.
So you view a duck as wise?

If you can't distinguish between a guy in his prime avoiding a fight and a guy who recognizes it is time to go I can't help you. Once a fighter gets to his thirties? In my view entirely up to him when he retires. When he's 37? It is unreasonable to do anyhting but say thanks.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm

As far the Vitali Klit - Lennox Lewis fight goes, it's convinced me to buy a pair of very effective glasses. My eye sight is obviously not what it used to be. If Sooner , who knows the sport of boxing very well, and countless others are still debating who won this fight, I just didn't see it clearly. I've seen horror films and then I've seen Vitali's face after this fight. However, no way I saw his face. You guys can't possibly be deabating if you saw what I saw.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Could have would have should have. Part of boxing is durability, Vitali lacks this intangible. Lennox beat him well within the rules and retired on top. Nothing wrong with that. Lennox is a true champ who unified the division and fought everyone that was available for him to fight, including Vitali Klitschko who he TKO'd.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 pm

4445Frank wrote:
As far the Vitali Klit - Lennox Lewis fight goes, it's convinced me to buy a pair of very effective glasses. My eye sight is obviously not what it used to be. If Sooner , who knows the sport of boxing very well, and countless others are still debating who won this fight, I just didn't see it clearly. I've seen horror films and then I've seen Vitali's face after this fight. However, no way I saw his face. You guys can't possibly be deabating if you saw what I saw.

That has become very debatable.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:41 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

I can vouch for Soonermark, so can dmar, Marble and Ali. A difference of opinion is just that. Hell, I thought Ali should've been the winner of the "A"s instead of Armstrong. That doesn't mean I'm right. I thought Lennox was about to seriously hurt a very game Vitali. It doesn't mean he was. It means, that's my opinion. I reserve the right to be educated on every observation I make. That's how I've given myself the freedom to learn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

See thats the problem with some of you guys. Just because I disagree does not mean I dont know what I am talking about. I think Vitali a guy who has never been really beat in the ring was getting the better of LL. He had a cut. Who the hell hasnt. So in short stop the insults it shows just how immature you guys are that you cant handle someone disagreeing with you. GROW UP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Because dip shit when you run away from a fight that is cowardly. Stop being an ass hole all the time. You think you are so smart but in reality you are just nuthugging anther british fighter who you think can do no wrong.[/quote]

Lennox never ran away from Vitali, the first fight made him release he no longer had the motivation or hunger to continue boxing, Lewis had been the champion for 4 years and had fought and beaten everyone, there was no need to fight on.

I don't think I am smarter than anybody ! I am just a boxing fan expressing his opinion, and I find it ridiculous to claim Lennox Lewis is a coward considering the opponents he's fought over the years.[/quote]
Hey Ali make your own post instead of editing mine. Smart guy.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Mostly everyone on here knows you're a purist of the sweet science, Sooner. There's just a difference of opinion here. Sometimes these things get too heated.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:35 pm

4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

I can vouch for Soonermark, so can dmar, Marble and Ali. A difference of opinion is just that. Hell, I thought Ali should've been the winner of the "A"s instead of Armstrong. That doesn't mean I'm right. I thought Lennox was about to seriously hurt a very game Vitali. It doesn't mean he was. It means, that's my opinion. I reserve the right to be educated on every observation I make. That's how I've given myself the freedom to learn.

The best days are when someone changes my mind. Then I know I'm still open and that I'm smarter than I was yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

The best days are when someone changes my mind. Then I know I'm still open and that I'm smarter than I was yesterday.
I agree with you in part. But the problem was the circumstances. As a fan I view it as a duck because to me the first guy to present a real threat to him in years gets cut LL gets lucky in my view and wins. Then many many boxing fans and experts call for a rematch. LL decides instead of giving his short notice opponent a rematch he retires. That is why I think it was a duck instead of a good time to retire. Had Lewis been under any other circumstances I would not say those things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Mostly everyone on here knows you're a purist of the sweet science, Sooner. There's just a difference of opinion here. Sometimes these things get too heated.
I wasnt the one with a problem until certain people began to act as if they are so much smarter than me. But hey water under the bridge.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

I agree with you in part. But the problem was the circumstances. As a fan I view it as a duck because to me the first guy to present a real threat to him in years gets cut LL gets lucky in my view and wins. Then many many boxing fans and experts call for a rematch. LL decides instead of giving his short notice opponent a rematch he retires. That is why I think it was a duck instead of a good time to retire. Had Lewis been under any other circumstances I would not say those things.

And like I said, only a fighter knows when it is time to go. Given Lewis' history it is awfully hard to lable him anything but a warrior. I applaud men who are smart enough to save their money and get out with their health, family and money. Lewis is one of those guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did Vitali survive this ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next