Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitali vs Valuev set?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Vitali vs Valuev set? Empty
PostSubject: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Good to hear, really dont want to see Briggs in there

Valuev-Klitschko set
It’s all set: After much wrangling, former two-time WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev (50-2, 34 KOs) will take on WBC heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko (40-2, 38 KOs). According to promoter Don King, Valuev accepted a $2.5 million offer from K2 Promotions to take the fight. No date or site has been set, although the bout undoubtedly will be in Russia, home of both fighters. “I hope K2 keeps their word,” King said in a statement. “I hope we are done with the excuses, be they physical, financial or otherwise. Let’s get it on. Let’s go to the mat. My man Niko is going to knock Vitali out.”

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100711/COLUMN36/7110462

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Hmm, If it's true that's great news. It will be in Germany though, don't see why they'd stage it in Russia.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Maybe my brain is failing me: but I swear

1-Vitali reported directly that the offer he made was 1.5 million.
2- Don King already came out and lied and said the offer was 2.5 million which was shot down by Vitali's team.

to me this is Don King trying to accept an offer that wasn't made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Maybe my brain is failing me: but I swear

1-Vitali reported directly that the offer he made was 1.5 million.
2- Don King already came out and lied and said the offer was 2.5 million which was shot down by Vitali's team.

to me this is Don King trying to accept an offer that wasn't made.

That crossed my mind, that's why I am dubious about believing the article, especially when it's got a quote from Don king.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:16 pm

yes good points captain..fight in russia no way.in germany its 60 000 fans at the gate plus big tv money...i think don king is pulling everyones legs..since the K brothers are going to be the main and maybe only promoter you would think they would announce it..i dont see then tossing another million in the till either.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 pm

The chronology I recall (I could be way off):

Vitali offered more than 1.5 million(current offer) a while ago and it was turned down by Don King.

Then Vitali fought Sosnowski.

Per Vitali (and his team) the offer made in person by Vitali to Valuev was only 1.5 million. Vitali was reported to have said that Valuev could have had more previously, the offer was 1.5 million now, and there wasn't going to be any movement on the amount of the offer (except downward!! if Valuev waited too long)

the gist of what has been reported was that valuev could have had more money to fight Vitali, but DK messed it up, and now DK appears to be lying about how much Vitali offered Valuev in this go round.

DK doesn't appear to have it anymore.

Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm

So, Rafael, has what was reported on Boxingscene in an interview with Vitali Klitschko when the personal meeting with Valuev occurred. For once, boxingscene was reporting something more than rumors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs Valuev set?   Vitali vs Valuev set? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs Valuev set?
Page 1 of 1