Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did Vitali survive this ?

Go down 
+6
Birdofthad
timthebim
KrazyHorseBennett
Tobe06
4445Frank
marbleheadmaui
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How did Vitali survive this ? Empty
PostSubject: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:47 am

How did Vitali survive this ? 16iclcw
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:08 am

He's a gigantic, supremely fit man and the guy hitting him was an overrated Brit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
He's a gigantic, supremely fit man and the guy hitting him was an overrated Brit?

You sound like Slick Laughing
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:18 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Both of those men showed some serious stones that night I thought. That win by a clearly fading Lewis gets bigger and bigger doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:43 am

Vitali showed a lot of heart but he was about to get hurt. His face was falling off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:59 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Both of those men showed some serious stones that night I thought. That win by a clearly fading Lewis gets bigger and bigger doesn't it?
Give that fight 2 more rounds and you would be saying that win over Lewis was huge for Vitali.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Give that fight two more rounds and Vitali would be legally blind and his career would have ended that night. He gets props for at least wanting to continue though.

Lewis wasn't nearly at his best for that fight - IMO he wins that one 9 times out of 10 if he's actually in shape.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Give that fight 2 more rounds and you would be saying that win over Lewis was huge for Vitali.

Man that's not what I thought I saw that night. I thought Lewis had pretty well asserted himself and I was expecting Lewis by KO.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Man that's not what I thought I saw that night. I thought Lewis had pretty well asserted himself and I was expecting Lewis by KO.

Agreed.

I don't really think highly of Lennox overall, but I really admire him for his performances in the Mercer and Vitali fights. He showed some real toughness on occasion.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Agreed.

I don't really think highly of Lennox overall, but I really admire him for his performances in the Mercer and Vitali fights. He showed some real toughness on occasion.

It looked like to me that Vitali was wearing his ass out. Vitali was leaning on him and causing that soft body to get tired.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I absolutely agree.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm

lennox was about to either

A . KO Vitali

B. Remove part of Vitalis face

C. Knock Vitalis eye clear out
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

A . KO Vitali

C. Knock Vitalis eye clear out

All would have been awesome to see LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Yeah that was a good performance from Vitali but his face was falling off and he nearly getting decapitated by like 3 uppercuts per round
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:07 pm

He was definitely fading and LL was coming on.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 pm

I remember Dougie Fisher of ringtv.com saying in his mailbag a few years ago that he was there and the shots landed by Lennox were downright thunderous (audibly and visibly), but Vitali just kept fighting.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:37 pm

[quote="Birdofthad"]lennox was about to either

A . KO Vitali

C. Knock Vitalis eye clear out [/quote

We're parking our cars in the same garage on this one, Bird. Vitali had some of the most serious facial injuries I have seen in all my years of watching boxing. It was a good stoppage. Vitali was about to go. If the fight had gone on much longer, Vitali would not have had a future in boxing. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Vitali's desire to win was impressive. It makes me think his shoulder was causing unbearable pain in the Byrd fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

[quote="4445Frank"]
Birdofthad wrote:

A . KO Vitali

We're parking our cars in the same garage on this one, Bird. Vitali had some of the most serious facial injuries I have seen in all my years of watching boxing. It was a good stoppage. Vitali was about to go. If the fight had gone on much longer, Vitali would not have had a future in boxing. My opinion.
Does anyone remember right after that fight. Lennox looked absolutely dead. The crowd was going nuts for Vitali and Vitali was jumping around the ring on the ropes in the corner. He was not going anywhere he was about to KO Lennox. LL was lucky that he cut Vitali.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote="soonermark890"]
4445Frank wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

A . KO Vitali

Does anyone remember right after that fight. Lennox looked absolutely dead. The crowd was going nuts for Vitali and Vitali was jumping around the ring on the ropes in the corner. He was not going anywhere he was about to KO Lennox. LL was lucky that he cut Vitali.

Totally disagree Sooner. They were both tired as hell but Lennox was coming on and starting win every round. He was going to stop Vitali or destroy his face like Bird said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 pm

[quote="timthebim"]
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

A . KO Vitali

Totally disagree Sooner. They were both tired as hell but Lennox was coming on and starting win every round. He was going to stop Vitali or destroy his face like Bird said.
I just didnt see it that way. I thought LL was very lucky that night. Besides I have never seen Vitali look like he could not finish a fight. Has anyone seen him like that? NO. Vitali was wearing LL out that night thats why he ran away from Vitali into retirement.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 pm

I think he was gonna retire regaurdless. He was getting up there in age and I think was losing his motivation to train hard anymore. Just my opion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:11 pm

timthebim wrote:
I think he was gonna retire regaurdless. He was getting up there in age and I think was losing his motivation to train hard anymore. Just my opion.
I think he knew Vitali would kick his ass so he ran away.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:38 pm

I highly doubt he was running away considering he looked slow and out of shape and still ripped his face off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I highly doubt he was running away considering he looked slow and out of shape and still ripped his face off
WHAT? He ran into retirement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did Vitali survive this ?   How did Vitali survive this ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did Vitali survive this ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next