Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitali vs. Lennox

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
timthebim
Ring
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Highlights of Klitschko vs. Lewis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BH6LvUS__M&feature=related

My thoughts are this had to be the toughest fight either guy had ever been in, especially Vitali.

Comments?
Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm

It made Lewis realize he's too old and he better retire as champ before he gets taken over. Prime Lewis is still better than Prime Vitali though.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
It made Lewis realize he's too old and he better retire as champ before he gets taken over. Prime Lewis is still better than Prime Vitali though.

I tend to agree freak, but keep in mind that even "prime Lewis" could be knocked out. Unlike most of Vitali's fights since then, he was evenly matched against Lewis in size, speed and power. It's really hard to say what might have happened if this fight hadn't been stopped because of a cut, I doubt that it would have gone another 6 rounds or to a decision, but Vitali was up on all the score cards when the fight was stopped.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 pm

When lennox was focused he was damn near unbeatable but when he loss focuse he could be beat by any1(Rahman).
Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 pm

timthebim wrote:
When lennox was focused he was damn near unbeatable but when he loss focuse he could be beat by any1(Rahman).

You stole my thought. A focused Lewis was 1 of the best Heavyweights ever but when he was off his game he was awful.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:58 pm

timthebim wrote:

The biggest knock on Lewis was suppose to be his weak chin, but I don't think it was near as bad as some folks let on, Rahman just got lucky and caught his sweet spot, and the fight against McCall should never have been stopped.

BTW, I believe Lewis was one of the top 10 heavyweights of all time.
Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Ring wrote:
timthebim wrote:

The biggest knock on Lewis was suppose to be his weak chin, but I don't think it was near as bad as some folks let on, Rahman just got lucky and caught his sweet spot, and the fight against McCall should never have been stopped.

I agree. Lewis is top 10 and a focused Lewis could probable beat any heavyweight ever not including Ali and Louis.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Ring wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Ansd how many others on that list were KO'd in their primes by two different mediocrties?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:07 pm

I thought Lennox was on his way to a stoppage victory that night. Watching it since? I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:12 pm

I think a way more intresting fight would be Wlad-Lewis and BTW have no clue on who is even better than the other in that one. Wlad and Lewis are both better than Vitali.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Ansd how many others on that list were KO'd in their primes by two different mediocrties?

I don't know Marble, Max Schmeling was a fairly mediocre HW when he KO'd Joe Louis in their first fight, and just because alltime greats like Ali, Marciano, Dempsey, et al, were never persay 'knocked out' when they were champions, doesn't mean they couldn't have been if they were hit just right.

Like I said, Lewis got careless, and got nailed with a perfect shot in the Rahman fight (shit happens sometimes when you're clowning), he came back in the rematch, avenged the loss and showed the first fight was a fluke. The fight against McCall should never have been stopped..
Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Against Rahman he was over weight and didn't train properly. Didn't he shoot a movie or something just before the fight?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I don't know Marble, Max Schmeling was a fairly mediocre HW when he KO'd Joe Louis in their first fight, and just because alltime greats like Ali, Marciano, Dempsey, et al, were never persay 'knocked out' when they were champions, doesn't mean they couldn't have been if they were hit just right.

Like I said, Lewis got careless, and got nailed with a perfect shot in the Rahman fight, he came back in the rematch, avenged the loss and showed the first fight was a fluke. The fight against McCall should never have been stopped..

Max Schmeling was NOT a mediocre heavyweight. He beat eight ranked heavies and was also a GIGANTIC puncher. You are woulda coulda-ing all the others. The fact is only Lewis lost this way. In fact even outside heavyweights I cannot think of a fighter we'd agree was great who was KO'd in their prime by two different mediocrities. This isn't religion for me, I am happy to be proven wrong, but I think this says a lot.

ONCE is a fluke...twice? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Against Rahman he was over weight and didn't train properly. Didn't he shoot a movie or something just before the fight?

Some shit like that, but the main thing he did to get knocked out was to clown, drop his hands and get careless.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:18 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Like I said, Lewis got careless, and got nailed with a perfect shot in the Rahman fight, he came back in the rematch, avenged the loss and showed the first fight was a fluke. The fight against McCall should never have been stopped..

Max Schmeling was NOT a mediocre heavyweight. He beat eight ranked heavies and was also a GIGANTIC puncher. You are woulda coulda-ing all the others. The fact is only Lewis lost this way. In fact even outside heavyweights I cannot think of a fighter we'd agree was great who was KO'd in their prime by two different mediocrities. This isn't religion for me, I am happy to be proven wrong, but I think this says a lot.

ONCE is a fluke...twice? Not so much.

Whatever Marble, I see Max Schmeling as a jouneyman who's big claim to fame was knocking out Louis, and winning the vacant HW crown via a DQ against Jack Starkey, other then that he wasn't any better than Rahman, look at his record.

Yes, flukes, Lewis proved this by avenging his only 2 losses and ruling the HW division for the better part of 10 years, if you choose to see it differently, hey boxing is subjective, and that's your perogative. Smile

Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 am

rahdman did not get lucky that fight..i watched that fight in a sportsbar with a refferee..after 3 rounds i said to the bartender this guys going to knock lewis out..you could see litterly rahdman measuring lewis and moving inside with a jab for range finding distence..a guy next to us said i was full of it..i said lewis is 20-1 favorite give me 7-1 only if he gets koed..that guy lost 700 that night...excuses excuses..he wasnt focused.he was out of shape etc etc.0
he got koed cause radman fought smart that night..you could see it coming...noo luck at all..
after the fight lewis in his arragance said they stoped the fight cause i didnt beat the count..they stoped the fight..larry merchant saID YOU GOT KNOCKED OUT.. not beating the count lennox means you got knocked out..noo lucky punch..it was set up for a few rounds..koed with one shot..
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 am

like i said before, lewis looked the worst ive ever seen him in that fight and he still won. vitali also hit him with big shots and couldnt even put him down. i agree when lewis said that he would have KOd him in a few more rounds.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:53 am

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I tend to agree freak, but keep in mind that even "prime Lewis" could be knocked out. Unlike most of Vitali's fights since then, he was evenly matched against Lewis in size, speed and power. It's really hard to say what might have happened if this fight hadn't been stopped because of a cut, I doubt that it would have gone another 6 rounds or to a decision, but Vitali was up on all the score cards when the fight was stopped.

Dougie Fisher said in his mailbag on ringtv.com that Lennox stumbled/staggered a couple of times on the walk from the ring to the locker room. Never knew that. Both guys were taking big power shots that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vitali vs. Lennox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitali vs. Lennox   Vitali vs. Lennox Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Lennox
Page 1 of 1