Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar

Go down 
+7
boomer sooner
captain organic
Birdofthad
LA
Wolfgangsta
SOKO
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 pm

The smart money is on Carwin. Ring-rust is a real thing, unless your name is JOsh Grispi
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 pm

captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And about Brock being smaller, he'll still be huge and the biggest credible fighter in the HW division.

still it is surprising that he'll weigh 265 on fight night. That's about what Carwin will weigh. And not much more then Mitrione weighed vs Kimbo.

He's a cut 265 though, Mitrione is a bit flabby much like Rogers, Brock is still as big as they get, remember how small Carwin looked head to head with him after the Mir fight?

Though I do think this is a close fight and a bit of a clash of the titans.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm

well said boomer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:34 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
And about Brock being smaller, he'll still be huge and the biggest credible fighter in the HW division.

still it is surprising that he'll weigh 265 on fight night. That's about what Carwin will weigh. And not much more then Mitrione weighed vs Kimbo.

He's a cut 265 though, Mitrione is a bit flabby much like Rogers, Brock is still as big as they get, remember how small Carwin looked head to head with him after the Mir fight?

Though I do think this is a close fight and a bit of a clash of the titans.
Didnt Carwin weigh around 240 against Mir? And Brock did make Carwin look small when they were next to each other.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:50 pm

265 weigh in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:45 am

sokolkevin wrote:
as much as I cant stand him I have to respect him for respecting the sport.

+1
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:17 am

Brock was in shoes. Rashad looked way bigger than Rampage after his fight with Jardine. Don't get me wrong, Brock's bigger, but they're also built differently. Brock Lesnar has chicken legs with a huge upper body, Shane's just a block. And as for their measurements, the UFC website has toned down the 6'5" stuff they used to talk about with both of them. Brock's listed at 6'3" and Shane at 6'2" When I saw Brock in person, I was actually kind of letdown that I was about as tall as he was. I was expecting a 6'5" dude, and he's really not. He's definitely really big, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:20 am

Brock looked massive next to Carwin.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 am

I tried finding the pics, but Brock had dress shoes on, they don't add that much, he looked enormous next to Carwin, I think strength is a wash though, Carwin is a tank.

The Hulk vs. The Juggernaut
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:02 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I have them both as top five HWs LA. How then could they be better than I give them credit for? You're a smart kid, relatively anyway, and it has been explained to you time and time again they only win due to power and size, and otherwise they have the same real skillset as Johnny Hendricks, Ben Askren, Jake Rosholt et al.

Bookmark it everyone! Wolf said Brock is top five!
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 am

Yeah Carwin weighed in at 265 against Mir, but against his earlier opponents he has weighed in as low as 255 so he's probably not cutting anything to get to 265, but rather bulking up.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I tried finding the pics, but Brock had dress shoes on, they don't add that much, he looked enormous next to Carwin, I think strength is a wash though, Carwin is a tank.

The Hulk vs. The Juggernaut

I've tried to find those pics since the event. I thought Brock must have been wearing platforms or something. He was towering over Carwin. But the scale's don't lie. I'm leaning toward Shane.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:55 am

NOt only the height differential, but Brock's looked barrell-chested next to Carwin. He looked a comic book character that night.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:33 am

did anyone see what brock said about fedor recently?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:54 am

The only way Carwin beats Brock is by KO, and if anyone can KO Brock it's Shane. If this turns into a wrestling match I think Brock will win by being the quicker, more agile fighter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 am

nice avatar bigs! thats my boy frank!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 am

josh200612 wrote:
nice avatar bigs! thats my boy frank!

Yessir!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 am

Carwin said he is walking around at 285. Not that I believe that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19756/evolved-brock-lesnar-doesnt-buy-comparisons-with-ufc-116-challenger-shane-carwin.mma

"I definitely feel lighter on my feet. I definitely feel lighter. I
brought Peter Welch in, and we changed my stance and switched from
standard – from traditional – to southpaw, and it's really worked out.
It's helped in my wrestling, my shooting. We changed a lot of things,
and we'll see if they work, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3