Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.

Go down 
+7
Primetyme199
Cu Bu
OU
captain organic
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  Empty
PostSubject: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

I think I am over my Lesnar thing. He isn't overrated that much anymore. Hell, now he may be underrated. This guy did beat Couture, Mir and Carwin. Lesnar has to be glad he didn't face JDS at that time though because I don't think his double is anywhere good enough to bank on, nor is his GnP or ground control against JDS. JDS is fucking up all the wrestlers everyone thought would take him down and beat him up. He has fucked them both up strictly standing and neutralized their wrestling. These guys fucked Lesnar up though. How was Lesnar supposed to win that one?

I think fighting Overeem was career suicide. I think he will be stopped badly, and his reputation as a fighter who crumples when hit will just be validated further. That said, I think I'll be rooting for him. I have nothing against Overeem, I just think it would be cool for Lesnar's legacy to be the only recent former UFC champion to hold serve against the influx of Strikeforce champions who are winning big fights against top former champions. JDS is also a better MMA striker than Overeem, K-1 trinkets aside. Lesnar has a much better chance against Overeem, who has been stopped, has been gassed, has been beaten many times than JDS who has destroyed fighters with Lesnar's skill set if not better versions of it.

I like Overeem too, but I know if Lesnar wins I'll be cheering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Also, if Brock won, he would win the LINEAL TITLE.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:06 pm

I will rank Lesnar number 1 if he defeats Alistair Overeem. I have JDS at 1, Cain at 2, Overeem at 3 and Lesnar at 35 right now.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 pm

I'll be rooting for Overeem but won't be bummed if he loses or even gets smashed.

I wouldnt say Brock is becoming underrated. People still overvalue a lot of things about him pretty much based on two fights(Herring, Mir II). You tell somebody his striking sucks they say "tell that to Heath Herring" and then people act like his takedowns are unstuffable when 3 of his last 4 fights have seen him struggle with takedowns.

Brock is an elite HW. I've thought that way for awhile, but im not a huge fan of his fight style as opposed to a lot of the other high level HW, didnt care for his shortcut, don't care for the favor shown towards him by the suits, and its annoying how people try to shoe him in to the best HW of all time discussion on other forums.

No way Lesnar is #1 if he beats Reem, even convincingly. At best #2.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 am

I'd argue he'd finally get to be ranked number 1 because now he'd have a legit case for it holding the Fedor title. Before, he didn't.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 am

Brock can't take a punch and yeah we know this. If he comes out and uses his wrestling and keeps it up he will get the title back against the two guys u are talking about. Fuck ur faces!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:34 am

Brock #1? Ahead of JDS and Cain? your joking right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 am

LOL, the thread where your cred died. Noted.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Brock can't take a punch and yeah we know this. If he comes out and uses his wrestling and keeps it up he will get the title back against the two guys u are talking about. Fuck ur faces!

brock can take a punch fine in regards to his chin, he just just accept/react to them well.

I like both guys reem I think is a good character I find him amusing. While I dont care for brocks gamesmanship I know people who are very close to him that genuinally love the guy and thats unbreakable. Makes me look at him as a hard working guy who plays a part in order to be successful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am

Did I just enter a parallel universe?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

Wolf is obviously trolling here. Not even Brock Lesnar nut huggers would vote Brock #1 for beating Overeem. Why would they? It would be Brock's first win in about 18 months and he is coming off a loss. During that same time JDS would have had 3 wins in the UFC against top 10 competition.
If people are being honest and looking at this objectively, you can't currently justify Brock as a top 5 HW. He wouldn't even get #2 consideration for a win over Reem. Just like Reem won't be in position to take the #1 spot with a win over Brock. Now IF Brock beats Reem AND goes on to beat JDS. Then you can talk about Brock being #1 HW in the World.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 am

But Wolf is a Zuffa fanboy so this shouldn't be too shocking. He is so far up the cooperate ass of Zuffa he has turned anti-Bellator and in my mind, anti-MMA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 am

If Overeem wins he gets my number 2 ranking. If Brock wins he gets number 3.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

freakzilla wrote:
How far will you drop the loser? Will these same guys be out of your top 10 with a loss? Because you could make a more compelling argument for that then for the winner being #1.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 am

a brock win would put him top 5 UFC hw for me behind

jds,cain,mir,and reem. I would still have brock behind reem untill brock won a few more fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
How far will you drop the loser? Will these same guys be out of your top 10 with a loss? Because you could make a more compelling argument for that then for the winner being #1.

If Overeem wins-

Champion- Junior dos Santos

02. Allistar Overeem
03. Cain Velasquez
04. Brock Lesnar
05. Fabricio Werdum
06. Shane Carwin
07. Frank Mir
08. Josh Barnett
09. Daniel Cormier
10. Antonio Silva

If Brock wins-

Champion- Junior dos Santos

02. Cain Velasquez
03. Brock Lesnar
04. Shane Carwin
05. Frank Mir
06. Josh Barnett
07. Allistar Overeem
08. Fabricio Werdum
09. Daniel Cormier
10. Antonio Silva

JDS is number 1 no matter what until he losses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

Cu Bu wrote:

jds,cain,mir,and reem. I would still have brock behind reem untill brock won a few more fights.

Sorry man but If Brock wins then it's crazy to rank him behind Overeem and Mir.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am

freakzilla wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:

You don't know Cu Bu at all!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

Why would Brock still be #4 coming off another loss? So he would have back to back losses with his last win being 18 months ago but that warrants a #4 ranking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 am

OU wrote:
Why would Brock still be #4 coming off another loss? So he would have back to back losses with his last win being 18 months ago but that warrants a #4 ranking?

Because his 2 losses would be to 2 of the top 3 guys. He has beat Carwin and Mir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 am

I wouldn't argue putting him at 5 though behind Werdum.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:26 am

freakzilla wrote:
I wouldn't argue putting him at 5 though behind Werdum.
I have a hard time arguing him as top 5 NOW, another loss, especially in the brutal fashion I am expecting, you will have a hard time convincing me he deserves top 10 consideration.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Because his 2 losses would be to 2 of the top 3 guys. He has beat Carwin and Mir.
He has also loss to Mir. That win over Carwin is now 18 months old. Also until Carwin gassed out he was proving to be the better fighter. But a win is a win, it's just becoming dated.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:

You don't know Cu Bu at all!

simple freak, One fight doesnt sway me as much as it does you. Mir has been active and winning and has more ways to beat top competition. reem stylistically unless brock smashed him to death still ranks higher than a brock(untill proven with multiple fights) reem feasibly can match up with the top guys
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:32 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

He has also loss to Mir. That win over Carwin is now 18 months old. Also until Carwin gassed out he was proving to be the better fighter. But a win is a win, it's just becoming dated.

You can't say the Carwin win is 18 months old and kind of dismiss it if your going to hold the loss to Mir high when that was almost 4 years ago.

With that said, Lesnar hasn't fought in over a year so should he evn be ranked in the top 10 right now? Most rankings remove you when it's over a year since your last fight. IMO with a loss no way could he be in the top 5. I don't think he's in the top 5 right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.    I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to root for Brock Lesnar now.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next