Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar

Go down 
+7
boomer sooner
captain organic
Birdofthad
LA
Wolfgangsta
SOKO
OU
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar Empty
PostSubject: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:15 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/22/1530592/brock-lesnar-ufc-116-will-be-my
Quote :
"This is kind of my second coming, its brought a lot of life into me
and my training camp. I'm excited to be a part of this. The setback for
me has been a good thing because it allowed me to sit back and focus on
my diet and the way I train. I brought some new things to the table, a
new strength and conditioning coach and a new boxing coach. I really
regrouped since October (2009) and rejuvenated myself with a new
approach to training. It's been very refreshing. I won't have to cut any
weight this time. I came in this morning right at 265 (pounds). I've
had 40 tune up fights in practice since camp started and if I have any
ring rust by the time July 3 rolls around it will be a crying shame.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:19 pm

as much as I cant stand him I have to respect him for respecting the sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Does Carwin stand a chance?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Brock has never been as big as reported, before the Couture and first Mir fights he said he wasn't cutting much then too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Why wouldn't he? This fight is a crap shoot between two moderately skilled giant super athletes with knockout power and wrestling championships ten years removed.

Coinflip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Why wouldn't he? This fight is a crap shoot between two moderately skilled giant super athletes with knockout power and wrestling championships ten years removed.

Coinflip.
Brock is a lot bigger right? Also I just cant see Carwin being able to land a big shot before Brock takes him down and pounds him out.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 pm

What makes you think Brock has 100% unstoppable takedowns? Randy who weighed on fightnight what he did when he fought Liddell stuffed Brock takedowns. Why wouldn't Carwin?

We don't know enough about either fighter to say how good they really are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What makes you think Brock has 100% unstoppable takedowns? Randy who weighed on fightnight what he did when he fought Liddell stuffed Brock takedowns. Why wouldn't Carwin?

I dont know I just think thats what will happen.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm

The fight is very close, I'd go 53% Brock to 47% Carwin, but both guys are so much better than Wolfy gives them credit for, they will both be top 5 HWs as long as they keep fighting no matter who wins and loses.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:12 pm

I have them both as top five HWs LA. How then could they be better than I give them credit for? You're a smart kid, relatively anyway, and it has been explained to you time and time again they only win due to power and size, and otherwise they have the same real skillset as Johnny Hendricks, Ben Askren, Jake Rosholt et al.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

But the fact is they do have those assets, you couldn't count past one hand HWs that could beat them, at least with a straight face.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Ya I donno, it is possible, but considering they have two elite fighters on their combined resume, one being the overrated Mir(which you agree) and the other being the 47 year old washed up chinless Couture(which you agree) and three if we stretch elite to include HW's Keith Jardine in Gabriel Gonzaga, I at least want you to concede that things may be a bit early to crown these guys as unstoppable.

It must be a subconcisous thing that people gravitate toward precieved larger than life figures without real complete justification. I mean, we're talking about a fan base that comes from a country that elected a man president because he had a different skin color than we're used to and quite absolutely literally no other reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya I donno, it is possible, but considering they have two elite fighters on their combined resume, one being the overrated Mir(which you agree) and the other being the 47 year old washed up chinless Couture(which you agree) and three if we stretch elite to include HW's Keith Jardine in Gabriel Gonzaga, I at least want you to concede that things may be a bit early to crown these guys as unstoppable.

It must be a subconcisous thing that people gravitate toward precieved larger than life figures without real complete justification. I mean, we're talking about a fan base that comes from a country that elected a man president because he had a different skin color than we're used to and quite absolutely literally no other reason.
You are so wrong about Obama. We elected Obama because of Bush. That is the real reason. Politics runs in cycles. When one party fucks up the other takes over. I am sure that if Obama fucks up bad the republicans will take back over.

Anyways. So we have two fighters with the same set of skills kinda. So how is the bigger and stronger one not the heavy favorite? Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Because the other has proven to be a much more devastating puncher. Brock has 2 first round finishes in 5 fights. Carwin has 12 in 12.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Because the other has proven to be a much more devastating puncher. Brock has 2 first round finishes in 5 fights. Carwin has 12 in 12.
But you have to admit Brocks take downs are deadly and he can generate a ton of power while on the ground. I just see this fight going like this. The first 15-20 seconds they will circle and then brock will throw a punch and take him down pound on him for the rest of the round and then do the exact same in round two then the ref stops it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm

And a wrestler who is nearly his match in power will just fly to his back when Couture did not?

Brock absolutely will not charge in against Carwin's power. He is smarter than that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 pm

There's a chance that this could turn into a real boring fight showcasing both guys lack of skill due to them cancelling out eachothers strengths, then we'd be watching the 3rd rd with both guys completely gassed and first to connect solid wins.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 pm

merci for LA. best post of the day.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:38 pm

What's merci? just give me a plus
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
What's merci? just give me a plus

it gives you +3
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:40 pm

lol whats merci? LA you, me Sooners and everyone know that you two merci eachother tit for tat daily to get those high scores.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And a wrestler who is nearly his match in power will just fly to his back when Couture did not?

Brock absolutely will not charge in against Carwin's power. He is smarter than that.
He better hope he can. Other wise he is in trouble.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
lol whats merci? LA you, me Sooners and everyone know that you two merci eachother tit for tat daily to get those high scores.

come on Wolfman you don't really believe that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 pm

I don't even see it, didn't get it anyways, best post of the day deserves a 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar   A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar Empty

Back to top Go down

A new, smaller? Brock Lesnar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next