Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?

Go down 
+8
oggy420
Birdofthad
captain organic
redvexx8
throwdownfight1
acccardinal12
josh200612
Ninja
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? Empty
PostSubject: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:17 pm

wasn't this planned by vince? i know he told taker to go there and bait him but i guess brock wants to not get hit for real for a couple million bucks.

Last edited by josh200612 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Brock should do Mania. 2 million dollars is an easy payday for what he will have to do. He can still be a fighter and take a few weeks to put on a show for one night in the WWE. Dana should jump on the idea because it can only help the UFC imo with PPV's that has Brock fights in the future. Not to mention Brock on TUF would get a small boost from him doing Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:35 pm

do you think he ends taker's streak?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 pm

no way brock beats taker. takers still got about 5 more years before he really calls it quit and he is gonna hold on to that streak till the end. also wont brock be alot smaller compared to his wwe days
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Brock already beat Taker cleanly and also Dana already said Brock is not wrestling for WWE or anyone else as long as he is under UFC contract.

Then again you can take what ever Dana says with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:27 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
Brock already beat Taker cleanly and also Dana already said Brock is not wrestling for WWE or anyone else as long as he is under UFC contract.

i was actually taking bout takes wrestlemania streak. other than that i agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Man I was hoping that this board would mock such a thought. Instead it's embraced and it spawns a "who wins Brock or Taker?" discussion.

Im rather dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:59 pm

redvexx8 wrote:

Ya remember when he weched on his 250,000 dollar bet that lid dell would win the pride conflict middleweight tournament.
l
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 12:29 am

Brock got his ass beat. Would have been twice if Carwin hadn't completely gassed out. I think his ego just can't handle losing. Time to go back to the scripted fake show and forget about real competition.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:32 am

Well Mir is acting like he isn't fighting Schaub so who knows, that may still be in the works
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:10 pm

Brock should not do this. You a fighter or an entertainer. Well, maybe he should now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Brock should not do this. You a fighter or an entertainer. Well, maybe he should now that I think about it.

He should do it if they are gonna pay him 2 million dollars to do it. He would dumb to pass that kind of money up. It's not like he is gonna get hurt anyways. UFC should do it and let him bring back some more WWE fans, lol.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:16 am

GDPofDRC wrote:

GDP they are both entertainment! That is like saying guys in the NFL aren't really football players, because they get paid. You thik I watch the fights for the intellectual insight into the analysis of physics and the effects on gravity? I watch it to be entertained and get back to the more animal side of human behavior.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 am

captain organic wrote:
Man I was hoping that this board would mock such a thought. Instead it's embraced and it spawns a "who wins Brock or Taker?" discussion.

Im rather dissapointed.

Me too Cap me too
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:13 am

You gotta be kidding me with that. Let me break this down as logically and technically as I can.

Pro wrestling is not MMA. Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Umm...yes? Why is it the stars of Pride could crossover to Pro-wrestling, but all of the sudden UFC stars can't? I know the difference. Now if you think it is strictly a credibility issue, then I will remind everyone that football, baseball, and basketball players have done it as well as movie and TV stars. So how bad can it really affect the sport?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Umm...yes? Why is it the stars of Pride could crossover to Pro-wrestling, but all of the sudden UFC stars can't? I know the difference. Now if you think it is strictly a credibility issue, then I will remind everyone that football, baseball, and basketball players have done it as well as movie and TV stars. So how bad can it really affect the sport?

Good point about the Pride guys crossing over. People are gonna hate on Brock because he is Brock.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:48 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:

Good point about the Pride guys crossing over. People are gonna hate on Brock because he is Brock.

+1

do people discredit chuck or mayweather for being on dancing with stars. also keep in mind that barnett skipped his apeal more than a year ago to go wrestled bob sapp in japan. things like that were more important to him than clearing his name or gettin a license to fight again back then.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:55 pm

lol at kidn stealing my thunder:
He doesn't need the money. He's already famous. He doesn't like getting punched in the face.

No one has said Brock shouldn't do this for himself. He used to do it and what he did was a lot different than other athletes and movie starts do in there, I mean the guy almost killed himself.

Anyways, like I said, Brock should go back to pro wrestling, but I think he should stay there to protect himself and the impressionable psyche of his large pro wrestling fan base.

Both are entertainment but the difference is one is athletic competition and the other is scripted performance which mocks that athletic competition.

Anyways this shits ridiculous. I'm mma over wwf all day. If he wants to go act again he should. He is and was a bigger pro wrestling star than he ever will be an MMA star, for good reason.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well Mir is acting like he isn't fighting Schaub so who knows, that may still be in the works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?   Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Brock Lesnar Holding Out on the UFC Over WrestleMania?
Page 1 of 1