Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"

Go down 
+9
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
Bigs03
Farmer1906
SOKO
redvexx8
oggy420
LA
OU
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 am

agreed. If Anderson doesn't finish GSP, GSP wins a decision.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
GSP is a better fighter than BJ, plain and simple. I don't know how anyone could actually have watched their last fight and came away thinking anything different. I know all the excuses that are sure to follow this post...BJ got dominated and if they fight again it may be even worse for him.

IF you must believe that it was only the size difference that allowed GSP to dominate BJ...AND you think Spider would have the same size advantage against GSP...the style of Anderson wouldn't allow him to use his weight and size to dominate GSP in a similar fashion. Anderson isn't going to push GSP against the cage, take him down, lay on him, and wear him out for 5 rounds. That's not how he fights. GSP, on the other hand, will take Anderson down and wear him out for 5 rounds, much like he did to BJ. The reason BJ was dominated is because of what GSP can do in the cage. Things that no one else in MMA can do as effectively. His top control is unmatched and his ability to inflict damage while inside someone's guard is something that other fighters cannot or will not do regularly these days. He has the ability and the willingness to do those things and he does them better than anyone else. Period.

I'm not saying that Anderson couldn't win...of course he could, he's a p4p great just like GSP. I'm just saying that I think GSP could and would win...and it is insane to me that anyone would not absolutely LOVE to see two of the very best in the world face each other in the world's ultimate proving ground for fighters...the octagon. (best Goldie impression)

I actually think Anderson would have to catch GSP and KO him. If not GSP would win the fight. GSP is a true P4P king. Anderson still isn't all that imo. I know I will catch hell, but oh well. Neg me damnit! lol GSP would beat Anderson Silva!!!!! He is that good and would win the Tiitle and he would defend his Tiitle. The guy is an animal. Only a lucky punch can beat GSP if a guy is around the same weight.

personally I have silva higher then georgie on the p4p list. And Silva would have a clear adv in the standup. I have him winning by KO, but by no means would it be via a lucky punch.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:32 am

I think GSP would be able to do a lot of what he did tonight to Hardy to most WW fighters and many MW fighters, including Anderson Silva. GSP would be able to take Silva down and work him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think GSP would be able to do a lot of what he did tonight to Hardy to most WW fighters and many MW fighters, including Anderson Silva. GSP would be able to take Silva down and work him.

YES!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

YES!

NO.

Dude's who are much inferior to Spider and fight at a lighter weight, have survived GSP's onslaught. Shit Silva might dish out more punishment from the bottom then GSP lays down from up top. And I see no shot in hell of a GSP submission.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Never said he would sub or finish him, he would take control of the fight and win I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"   Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana "I was all for GSP vs Spider, until I saw Spider at LHW"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3