Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"

Go down 
+2
timthebim
redvexx8
6 posters
AuthorMessage
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" Empty
PostSubject: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:40 pm

NABO heavyweight champion and future Hall-of-Famer James "Lights Out" Toney recently reached out to FightHype.com to inform us that talks with UFC President Dana White regarding a possible debut inside the Octagon were not going so well. "Dana White's first offer was a joke and that let's me know he really don't want to do this," stated Toney, who confirmed that an offer was indeed made.

Although he did not reveal the offer that was made, Toney made it clear that the two sides are light years away regarding compensation. When reminded that the payouts for a mixed martial artist aren't quite as generous as the purses in boxing, Toney replied, "I know that, but this offer was laughable. That's the reason I wanted the camera guy in the room with us when I sat down with Dana, so the fans would know that I was serious and if it didn't happen, it wasn't because of me."

James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" James-toney25

source:
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6735.html
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:42 pm

I bet he offered like 20 grand lol.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 am

Toney lost all credibility at "side check kick"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 am

I have no interest in seeing James Toney compete in MMA.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 am

Of course it was a joke...the fact that he even offered Toney a contract is a joke.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 am

I am pretty sure dana told him if you want to come fight on an undercard you need 3-6 months of ground work and kick defense.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 am

I was thinking they probably offered like 30K.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 am

I bet Toney was asking for a min of 1 mil
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am

until he proves himself I wouldnt pay him shit.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah he was offered somewhere in the 20 to 30 thousand range I bet. He probably thought he would make at least 500 thousand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"   James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!" Empty

Back to top Go down

James Toney: "Dana's first offer was a JOKE!"
Page 1 of 1