Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?

Go down 
+17
SOKO
josh200612
Jamal
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
franklinfan2
NoRegret
OU
ohiovol62
oggy420
GDPofDRC
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
LA
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

God
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Intelligent Alien life
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 pm

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 112260_large
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:44 pm

God, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy...........continue the trend
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Why are you dogging Santa? Don't you put that on him Ricky Bobby!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Has anyone ever read anything that explored monotheism and the relationship it may have with the human family structure. The big selling point for Christians, Muslims and Jews would probably be the very relationship with God, and how it often resembles a parent/child relationship in some aspects, certainly the comfort one must feel in knowing God can make it all better. Who else are adults going to get to chase away monsters, kiss owies, and put your toys away and stick you in bed when you fall asleep for a catnap?

Prayer in a lot of ways is a vestigial representation of a child like mental state in adults.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Has anyone ever read anything that explored monotheism and the relationship it may have with the human family structure. The big selling point for Christians, Muslims and Jews would probably be the very relationship with God, and how it often resembles a parent/child relationship in some aspects, certainly the comfort one must feel in knowing God can make it all better. Who else are adults going to get to chase away monsters, kiss owies, and put your toys away and stick you in bed when you fall asleep for a catnap?

Prayer in a lot of ways is a vestigial representation of a child like mental state in adults.

man you guys are horrible. I pray with my kids almost every night. I think it is good to teach them that Jesus was a good person and what he stands for. Just cause I don't go give money to a church every Sunday doesn't mean that I shouldn't believe in something positive. Try looking into the eyes of a terrified person who is about to die and think about not believing in the Bible. I could never do that because prayer is what is most important and I bet you guys won't be talking about aliens and all that stuff then.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 am

So in short, Jesus provides you with positive archtypes for yourself and your kids and makes it possible for you to deal with death, dying and the feelings that surround facing mortality.

Is it fair to say your social and mental well being depends on your belief in god?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
So in short, Jesus provides you with positive archtypes for yourself and your kids and makes it possible for you to deal with death, dying and the feelings that surround facing mortality.

Is it fair to say your social and mental well being depends on your belief in god?

Take me out of the equation and yes. I am not gonna be that guy that says "I quit doing drugs and drinking all day and God got me a job." No you got urself a job cause you quit living like a turd. I just think that living the ways of the Bible is good for a child to learn, and if someone believes in Heaven then you should certainly agree and comfort them with that. Living by the ten commandments is good for all mankind for real. I am just saying that everything about God is good for a person to stand by. Your thoughts won't sway that Wolf. When you are a wrinkled up emo man who can't paint ur fingernails, you are going to face death and science won't be there too comfort you. At that moment you will pray to God! That or a big fear will set in because you didn't.
I told LA it would be huge because it envolved God and aliens. I am a Christian. I just don't believe everything the Church tells us. However I will let my kids grow up and realize that on their own. Until then I will teach them as I was. Make fun of that all you want.

Last edited by bigbeastcardinal12 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 am

Oh and by Christian I mean a good person at heart. Not the holy roller scare you into Church kind. Big difference
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Oh and by Christian I mean a good person at heart. Not the holy roller scare you into Church kind. Big difference

A Christian does not mean someone with a good heart.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:02 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
We all live in America here, and in our system of government, we do not have "Lords" nor do we have other offices that use that title.

Farmer, prove to me this "Lord" exists.

There is nothing I can put on here to prove to you personally god exists and yes god created all things.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

A Christian does not mean someone with a good heart.
read between the lines Farmer. I just don't want to start an uproar. Now I am done. I only came back to see Farmers post.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:14 am

Yeah soooooo what!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:30 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

man you guys are horrible. I pray with my kids almost every night. I think it is good to teach them that Jesus was a good person and what he stands for. Just cause I don't go give money to a church every Sunday doesn't mean that I shouldn't believe in something positive. Try looking into the eyes of a terrified person who is about to die and think about not believing in the Bible. I could never do that because prayer is what is most important and I bet you guys won't be talking about aliens and all that stuff then.

Looking from the outside in, I can see the "reason" for religion. If anything, it is suppose to be a guide for people to live a good life as a good person. Not to mention the "thought" of Heaven is a very pleasing thing. But I dont think you need it.

The Bible (imo) was a book written by man with fictional accounts of true stories used for metaphorical purposes. When Christianity is taken too serious, I believe it breeds ignorance (please dont take this as me calling anyone here ignorant)

I, personally, dont understand how everyone isn't Agnostic.. because nobody knows for sure. And I know a lot of Christians will say it is the point that there is no proof and you still have faith and believe. Except a lot of what is said in the bible is debunked by Science, so that doesn't help. I just think everyone needs to find their own beliefs and nothing should be forced upon anyone no matter their age (another little dispute I have with religion).

I, for one, consider myself agnostic. Not because I dont have an opinion on anything .. I have my own beliefs, but its because I understand that billions of other people have their own as well.. But a common trend among all of them, is being a good person .. So I live my life as best as I can, and good things should happen no matter what you believe in (except some Christianity seems to believe you have to except Jesus into your heart)

Anyway I dont know what I am still doing up ..
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 am

If god created all things, why did he create evil?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 am

And how did jesus die for MY sins?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

My favorite prayer:
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 4506a65f1bc8530f8f0e91395f55585b
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:42 pm

So was the point of this thread to see who really believes there are aliens out there somewhere? Or just so you could verbally assualt anyone who has some kind of faith? Kind of looks like you were just looking to jump on some Christians.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Don't take offense to what we've said. It is hard talking about religion with religious people as a non believer, as they become very guarded and take everything as an attack on their faith and by extension themselves as people.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm a confirmed Roman Catholic

It was simply to see where people stand

I just wish those with "faith" could back something up besides saying they have faith.

I love when I watch NatGeo or whatever and there's possible discoveries of a 2nd Jesus or another Bible. It just reminds me about the ficition of religion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Don't take offense to what we've said. It is hard talking about religion with religious people as a non believer, as they become very guarded and take everything as an attack on their faith and by extension themselves as people.

I wasn't offended by anything, it just seems like this thread was made with the intention of poking at Christians, which I could care less if that is the case. Just wondering why?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'm a confirmed Roman Catholic

It was simply to see where people stand

I just wish those with "faith" could back something up besides saying they have faith.

I love when I watch NatGeo or whatever and there's possible discoveries of a 2nd Jesus or another Bible. It just reminds me about the ficition of religion.

Thats cool I was just curious, it just seemed like you made it for a reason, I was just curious why.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 pm

NoRegret wrote:

He died for you so you could have forgiveness. You sinned and therefore aren't good enough to make it to the pearly gates.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

He died for you so you could have forgiveness. You sinned and therefore aren't good enough to make it to the pearly gates.

There ARE NO PEARLY GATES

But to each their own, I guess.

If heaven is real, then why do people who have "faith" fear death so much if they know how wondeful heaven will be?

If heaven is real, what is the point of living when we could all just chill up there with no worries?

Sorry, I dont buy any of it. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs, but I will not worship ANYONE, unless its one sexy ass bitch Wink
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

There ARE NO PEARLY GATES

But to each their own, I guess.

If heaven is real, then why do people who have "faith" fear death so much if they know how wondeful heaven will be?

If heaven is real, what is the point of living when we could all just chill up there with no worries?

Sorry, I dont buy any of it. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs, but I will not worship ANYONE, unless its one sexy ass bitch Wink

I can't speak for all those people, but I don't fear death. Heaven is going to be great.

We all can't. We are all sinners that deserve hell. God created the earth and all things. Maybe you should ask him why.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Wait.

How does the fake death of an immortal cleanse anyone of anything?

That is like the ceremonial serving a warrant of arrest to someone with diplomatic immunity absolving me of all my traffic tickets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next