Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?

Go down 
+17
SOKO
josh200612
Jamal
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
franklinfan2
NoRegret
OU
ohiovol62
oggy420
GDPofDRC
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
LA
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

God
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Intelligent Alien life
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Empty
PostSubject: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 pm

?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 pm

how about both. God is just a term pretty much for a power greater than yourself. Some religions place certain views of what a representation of god is such as Christianity- Jesus. I grew up Catholic but am now just gnostic and do not choice to limit my beliefs by choosing any belief system that would tell you their way is the only way. There are way to many answers to obtain and search for to put yourself in a religious box so to speak.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 pm

I voted God but I'm a practicing Catholic
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

This topic is a masterpeice and will be here for awhile. I go both too.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Ugh I knew I'd get a both or they could be related.

And I've been confirmed did the whole 9, but don't go to church anymore, after i took evolutionary bio I lost most of my faith.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Faith is a misused word to. Maybe you lost faith in what your former religious preference was but, I am a man of faith and have no religious preference.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 pm

I am scared man I can't help it. You hit the nail this time though for real. I will be surprised if this is not at the top in a week.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Faith is a misused word to. Maybe you lost faith in what your former religious preference was but, I am a man of faith and have no religious preference.

Muay is my new Confucius!
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:44 pm

LOL!! I do so much reading when it comes to things like this man. I just have a thirst for knowledge when it comes to this. This should become an interesting conversation hopefully people approach it seriously because I do value peoples opinions in this.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:28 pm

Nothing super natural exists so clearly intelligent alien life. Unless of course our god figures are inspired by aliens. But I doubt it.

It's evolution baby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Not questioning your theory because i think evolution is part of the answer. Where do you think we derive from wolf?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Both.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:28 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Not questioning your theory because i think evolution is part of the answer. Where do you think we derive from wolf?

Perverted aliens having sex with some kind of extinct monkeys. Think about cloning or mixing sperm and eggs from different species. Maybe aliens impregnated a monkeys? Humans have done it. How did we go from fire to Space stations in so little time?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 am

We derive from single celled organisms.

We still derive from them.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Perverted aliens having sex with some kind of extinct monkeys. Think about cloning or mixing sperm and eggs from different species. Maybe aliens impregnated a monkeys? Humans have done it. How did we go from fire to Space stations in so little time?

No offense BBC I have nothing against you but please do not turn this into another bashing contest between you and wolf. Leave it in the trashcan thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 am

I am with muay. I sure am sick of BBC demanding I abuse him in all threads.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 am

Yeah boys no off topic arguments in here aight, respectful debate, yes it can be done.

I'm about topass out, pick thisup tomorrow
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:03 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I am with muay. I sure am sick of BBC demanding I abuse him in all threads.

I already said I would keep it in the trash can. Now above is a reason I shouldn't. This guy clearly gets rode out and has the audacity to say this???
Anyways single cell orgs huh? That is true, but what if aliens did do that or we were derived from them? I am not a firm believer, but it has always made me wonder.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 am

I have to not vote and go both. I'm not religious by any conventional means, but I have faith. To me faith is something you cannot readily explain but believe. God is just another name for that faith. As far as life outside our tiny system name d Earth, yeah there is stuff out there, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:25 am

There is more than 50 billion planets out there , I find it hard to believe we are the only intelligent species around.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:34 am

I believe in the "rare earth" theory, but that said, basic life, and even intelligent life, don't neccessarily need an environment just like Earth.

I believe that there may be thermophiles and other simple types of life around the underwater volcanic vents on Saturn's moon Europa. There are ecosystems independent of the Sun around undersea vents on Earth, and no reason to believe life would not have developed in the same habitat else where.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Intelligent Alien Life without a doubt. You should have seen what i saw last night over the lake. This bright ass light that could have been mistaken for a small plane, but then it just stops in the middle of the lake. Just hovers there not moving for about 3 minutes. And it wasn't a blinking light like you are used to seeing with a plane. It was just a really bright white light that was just hovering there. Then it started to rise slowly and it's almost like it noticed us cause within seconds the thing is heading strait for us and my friend actually got scared and ran away. I just stood there excepting that if i was going to be beamed up to an alien ship now is as good a time as any lol. It was so weird i def think it saw us or something and then it flew over us and disapeared in about 2 seconds, couldn't even see it anymore. And thats not the first time i've seen shit like this. Saw some really weird shit over Lake Champlain but i think i already told that story.

As for god i am not a believer. After all the modern science that has come out to disprove all that shit it kind of baffles me that some people still let that shit control their lives but hey we all believed in the tooth fairy and santa clause at one point too so...
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:37 pm

I think it's a bit unrealistic to view the human race as intelligent. I would like to draw you attention to modern pop music

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Dumbas10
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 pm

also the question was

"What do you believe is more likely to exist, GOD or Aliens." It does not say anything about having faith or anything else than do you believe that there is a man up in the clouds who watches everything we do and then when you die he decides wether you lived a good enough life to live forever in the perfect oasis of afterlife known as heaven or whether you will spend and eternity of fire and brimstone in the dark depths of Hell for breaking any of the rules set by people who wrote a book long after the death of the man who supposedly spoke these words and rules.

Also i dont think it is as unlikely as some of you think that there are "Earth like Planets". We've actually already found a few with super telescopes up in space and shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm

If I didn't have some ounce of faith hidden in there somewhere, some form of hope. I might have killed myself by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next