Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
captain organic
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
josh200612
Ziggy116
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Also did you know the server name that Dexter is using is a religious thing? Eliot I think? Look it up.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 pm

I looked it up a while ago and also I want your opinions on the intern. Facebook too.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LOL supernatural. Oh man.

By in large in a lot of this thread I have been with Ziggy mostly about the flaws, but overall I am pretty entertained. Dexter is delivering a solid season, but no where near the best. Deb is by far the star of this season. I feel like Dexter's character isn't as strong as other times. The chemistry and charisma of the ensemble cast as a team is gone this season. In fact it doesn't even feel like an ensemble anymore because of specific characters being turned into plot devices as much as true characters with personalities and natures. At different points I feel like that primarily with LaGuerta, but also Quinn and Angel and the new guy whatever his name is.

Travis should have killed Angel. I know it's not too late for someone to die, but his character needed that. This dude would get fucking smoked if he went up against Ice Truck or Trinity and I wouldn't take him against Jordan Chase or the Skinner, or even that old tooth fairy bastard. If that guy could get the drop on Dexter with a pistol he'd take this guy the fuck down. Truthfully, I hate this character in general. I feel like he is constructed to be a vehicle of the religious theme, which really has no theme by the way, instead as a true personality, driven by religious fundamentalism.

Also, where the fuck has Gellar gone? If this guy was truly Inception insane then that conversation where Gellar confronts him the exact moment Dexter is watching somehow wouldn't matter as the delusions would just return.

These flaws are made much worse given the fact I did all of season 4 of Breaking Bad last week where stuff like this is much harder to find and for me easy to ignore.

Grade prior to the finale...B.

Fuck Wolf what happened to you? I agree with you/you agree with me???? This is making me uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Him not lighting Batista on fire was simply a way to let Batista survive with dumb movie fire scenes which we have had two of already.

Did you really want him to die? I didn't! I like his stories. Just wait for this last episode you will probably shit your pants.

Honestly I just wish writers would have the balls to kill main characters. There is no reason to set the room on fire but not Batista, he has killed everyone in his way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:09 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Him not lighting Batista on fire was simply a way to let Batista survive with dumb movie fire scenes which we have had two of already.

Did you really want him to die? I didn't! I like his stories. Just wait for this last episode you will probably shit your pants.

Honestly I just wish writers would have the balls to kill main characters. There is no reason to set the room on fire but not Batista, he has killed everyone in his way.

Rita says hi.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Rita says hi.

Good point, and for me, that was probably the highlight of the series. I couldn't believe they killed her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Rita says hi.

Good point, and for me, that was probably the highlight of the series. I couldn't believe they killed her.

Yeah that was the biggest wow moment and had the biggest impact on the direction of the show.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:58 am

I wish the writers would have the balls to kill one of them especially if they're going to barely use them this season and ensure the characters no longer fit or have a connection to the audience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:27 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I wish the writers would have the balls to kill one of them especially if they're going to barely use them this season and ensure the characters no longer fit or have a connection to the audience.

Agreed, especially Quinn or Batista with their nonsense this season. They really missed a golden opportunity to off Batista and really fuck Quinn up for bailing on him all year.
I would love it if Laguerta got killed. Her character blows now and there's no need for her.

Does anyone else think Angel's sister dies tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am

Possibly but I'm pumped for the finale all of them have been great besides last season. I think they know they failed last season so they are gonna do it big for this one.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Angel's sister is so fucking dead. I think the cops may end up catching DDK or killing him in a shootout or something and the final kill may actually be the intern. I suppose that is why Angel is still alive at this point. But I agree Angel getting killed thanks to Quinn would have been great.

Not feeling LaQuerta being used only as a vehicle for wannabe Wirian political drama. Mathews should have her whacked.

Also, if Dexter kills DDK and he gets away as far as the police go then you'd expect all the detectives in Miami metro to be fired at this point for being the dumbest precinct of all time. Did they ever get an official disposition to the barrel girls killer? I can't remember. Also Trinity got away. Sure they solved "The Skinner" but James Doaks, the Butcher, was a metro cop and Ice Truck wasn't solved, he killed himself, and was engaged to their new lieutenant. No wonder serial killers pick that place with such frequency.

Deb being this media darling who is a young gun straight talker is ridiculous considering she is a cop who worked with one killer, was engaged to another and had her mans and them killed by a third. Every other question would revolve around her baggage.

I shouldn't think about Dexter too much.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Something crazy needs to happen. Deb needs to find out, the intern needs to be an FBI agent investigating Dexter, "Ice Truck" needs to take over Dexter making him kill a primary cast member and go rogue off the code.

If at the end of this all that happens is XYZ character is saved at the last minute by Dex who manages to table this sucka and get away untouched and unknown to anyone, with a final scene of him opening up the box with the hand in it setting up another formulaic battle, yaaaaaaawn! I have a feeling the only character they kill is Angel sister who never really existed before and only serves as a part of the intern storyline, and a complaint free live in baby sitter, allowing Dexter to wantonly neglect his son.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 pm

It is no accident that the best episode of the season was random out of the blue involved the reappearance in some capacity of two prior dead villains.

Ziggy, capt, kings, someone with complex thoughts besides OMG DEXTER(sorry freak and josh :p) weigh in before the finale yo.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Stfu wolf I have legit thoughts and they all came true so far well some of them.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:18 pm

I am just playin'. Ya Josh good call on the being dead thing. I should have seen that, and it even passed my mind once, but I let it go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Batista's sister will NOT DIE! that guy is too smart to make it that obvious. Deb will screw La Guerta some how.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:03 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Something crazy needs to happen. Deb needs to find out, the intern needs to be an FBI agent investigating Dexter, "Ice Truck" needs to take over Dexter making him kill a primary cast member and go rogue off the code.

If at the end of this all that happens is XYZ character is saved at the last minute by Dex who manages to table this sucka and get away untouched and unknown to anyone, with a final scene of him opening up the box with the hand in it setting up another formulaic battle, yaaaaaaawn! I have a feeling the only character they kill is Angel sister who never really existed before and only serves as a part of the intern storyline, and a complaint free live in baby sitter, allowing Dexter to wantonly neglect his son.

Plus fucking one. I am really hoping that's not how they end it.

Anyone know what the reasoning for him drawing the lines on the hand was? Did I miss something there or was it not explained yet?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 am

They were fate lines like palm reading. He was looking at them on his laptop I believe.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:59 pm

josh200612 wrote:
They were fate lines like palm reading. He was looking at them on his laptop I believe.

I figured it had something to do with palm reading, just wasn't sure how it was relevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Finally

Makes me pissed that there is two more full seasons though. Next should be the last
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Told you all Batista's sister will NOT DIE!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:35 am

freakzilla wrote:
Told you all Batista's sister will NOT DIE!

Not yet, but she will

I was very displeased with the finale.54 minutes of nonsense for a payoff that was anything but shocking. I hate when shows force an irrelevant character on you for the sake of an episode and that's exactly what happened with Harrison tonight.

It wasn't as bad as last year, but the writing has gotten much weaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:38 am

I loved this whole season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:39 am

Season Rankings-

1. Season 4
2. Season 1
3. Season 2
4. Season 6
5. Season 3
6. Season 5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)   Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dexter Season 6 (Official Topic)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next