Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135

Go down 
+13
captain organic
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
Primetyme199
jewzilla
Ludo
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:59 pm

I think Kos KO's Hughes I just don't have any confidence in Matts chin.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 am

Ludo wrote:
Hughes was training to fight a much different fighter than Koscheck. He was training for a fighter who likes to grind shit out and never stops coming forward. Koscheck is much more calculated and explosive. Hughes has one option here to win and thats submission. It's more likely he gets put down hard ala Frank Trigg. Hughes has clearly lost a step, and fighting an even higher level opponent than the one he was training for is no good for him.

Good thoughts, I could see Hughes boring out a dec too, but agree it's more likely he gets put down.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am

hughes gets dropped like he did in the bj fight. 1st round ko/tko for kos. NEXT
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Matt Hughes says this is the last fight of his contract and his wife wants him to quit as well. Might be the last time we see him
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Matt Hughes says this is the last fight of his contract and his wife wants him to quit as well. Might be the last time we see him

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:16 pm

sucks that hes gonna go out on a loss huh
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Osh Kos Josh is going to lose and a country boy will survive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 am

http://www.mmashareforums.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/matt-hughes-last-fight-on-contract-might-retire-t45961.html

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 Bj-matt

Josh Koscheck (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) is the final obligation on the current contract of Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC).

Consequently, the former UFC welterweight champ is playing his future by ear after he fights the onetime title challenger Saturday at UFC 135.

"The outcome of this fight won't really matter, to be honest," he said today. "After this fight, win or lose, doesn't matter, I'll talk to the UFC and we'll figure out what we want to do."

UFC 135 takes place Saturday at Denver's Pepsi Center. The event's main card airs on pay-per-view. Two preliminary bouts to air on Spike TV make up a lead-in to the main card, and the remainder of the preliminary card streams live on Facebook.

While co-headliner Hughes said he continues to get enjoyment out of his career as a fighter, there are some close to him that don't feel the same way.

"My wife tells me I'm done fighting," he admitted.

That declaration actually came 10 months prior when Hughes was knocked out by B.J. Penn in a brisk 21 seconds at UFC 121. The two had split a pair of earlier bouts.

Hughes isn't saying he's boarded that plane yet.

"We'll see what I feel like, and we'll see what the UFC wants to do," he said.

The loss to Penn snapped a three-fight win-streak for Hughes, who once reigned over the welterweight division with an iron fist. Victories over Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida boosted his stock. But dual losses to current champ Georges St-Pierre made a title shot a faraway prospect, and at 37, Hughes is no spring chicken.

But he's clearly not ready to give up his lifestyle, and that may keep him in the game.

"It's competition," Hughes said. "I think that's what drives your top athletes in the UFC is the fact that you love getting in there against one other person and mixing it up. I don't have to rely on four other basketball teammates to score a basket. I've just got to rely on myself. The fact that it's just me and another person competing in there, that's my big drive.

"I consider myself a lucky man. I love going to the gym every day, twice a day. I love traveling with my buddies. All in all, it's a great lifestyle."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 111111111111111111111111111
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 am

I think that because Kos was Banging Holly Madison he will win this in the 2nd round
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Was he really?
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Who Hasn't banged Holly Madison?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:09 pm

of course, he's Kos.

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 Josh_Koscheck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135   Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Koscheck vs Matt Hughes confirmed for 135
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5