Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes Empty
PostSubject: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/13/2423457/ufc-josh-koscheck-blogs-georges-st-pierre-injury-matt-hughes

UFC welterweight Josh Koscheck was brought on as a guest blogger for sportsnet.ca in advance of his September 24th bout with Matt Hughes at UFC 135. He had some interesting insight into his last bout, a decision loss to Georges St. Pierre at UFC 124 where he broke some bones in his face. He also discussed his possible return at 185, and the eventual choice to accept the 135 bout with Hughes. He starts with a description of the UFC 124 fight and his injury:

It was a rough night for me. Pretty much the first punch Georges landed, a hard jab, broke my orbital socket (the round bone in your skull that your eyes sit in) but also my orbital plate (the cheekbone).

I had no depth perception and was basically a one-eyed fighter for the next 23 minutes. I can man up but the pain was just horrible. It hurt worse than anything I've ever experienced. It hurt even more than when I cut my big toe off when I was six -- when I was playing with my grandfather's axe being a little sh*t.

Seriously -- the eye hurt way worse than chopping my big toe off.

I had major surgery after the fight. The doctors told me that I took the punch right in the eyeball, and what happens when the eye takes a direct impact is the bone explodes and drops down in order to stop the pressure to the eye resulting in an exploding eyeball.

So there I was, first or second minute into the biggest fight of my life, and I'm lucky my eyeball hadn't just exploded. Thing is, the fact I'd talked so much trash about Georges and I'd helped hype the fight so hard for so long, I couldn't let everyone down by pulling out with an injury after a couple of minutes. I feel bad the fight didn't live up to the hype, but I did my best to clip GSP with a punch somehow.

He is complimentary of GSP afterwards, saying he lost the fight to him fair and square. He then went on to talk about his time off, and his possible return at 185:

After the GSP fight, I needed to come back and remind everyone what I am all about and if I couldn't do that at 170 pounds I figured maybe as a one-off just to have a major fight to come back with, I'd take a fight at 185 pounds. Realistically, I asked to fight Wanderlei Silva, Chris Leben and even Rich Franklin at 185.

When that didn't happen the Hughes fight came about, which was perfect for him:

But then last week I got word Matt Hughes, who has avoided me for years, needed an opponent for UFC 135 in Denver on Sept. 24. I've called out Hughes for so long but he's always avoided me. When he was on top and one of the top in the division, he used his position to avoid fighting me and all the AKA guys.

But when Diego Sanchez pulled out hurt with three weeks to go, I knew the UFC would have no choice but to try to talk Hughes into fighting me. Like I knew he would, he tried to suggest fighting Jon Fitch instead, knowing full well Fitch is still recovering from shoulder surgery.

I tweeted that I'd accepted the fight and was ready, just to put pressure on Hughes to quit bitching and take the fight. I wanted to make it so that if he did turn the fight down, all the fans would know that he bitched out.

He had nowhere else to go and I've finally got my fight with Matt Hughes.

There is little doubt that Koscheck knows how to talk up a fight. Can he get under Hughes' skin with comments like these in the next 11 days? I guess we're gonna find out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Hughes ain't scared homie, you just ain't shit! When your career is over, no one gives a shit if you beat Josh Koscheck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 pm

OU wrote:
Hughes ain't scared homie, you just ain't shit! When your career is over, no one gives a shit if you beat Josh Koscheck.

lol!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Lol Kos is such a dick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Make Bonnar cut 20+ pounds, that is a bitch move, you put on weight and he has to drop, yeah good idea
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:21 am

Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes UFC_135_poster_medium
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 pm

^
They put Hughes on the winning side of the poster.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:31 pm

I would love to see this play out just like the Almeida fight.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 pm

I hope Hughes fucks him up and then retires...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm

OU wrote:
I would love to see this play out just like the Almeida fight.

Dream come true if it happens.

I personally wouldn't mind an old school Hughes slam.

Back to reality... Hughes is going to have to grind this out and keep Kos not he cage or somehow get on top. If Kos wants to stand and trade then Hughes needs to stay on his horse and use leg kicks to score.

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Hughes stands no chance if he stands and trades, the good news is that Kos will probably be a little gunshy and he will have early opportunities if that broken orbital bone is sitll lingering anywhere is the back of his mind, if he gets Kos down he knows what to do, I've never rooted for Hughes but I will on the 25th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes   Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Koscheck Blogs About Georges St. Pierre, Injury, Matt Hughes
Page 1 of 1