Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I

Go down 
+10
captain organic
Bigs03
Ludo
CainVelasquezFan
timthebim
Farmer1906
SOKO
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I Empty
PostSubject: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Props: Sherdog.com

Quoteworthy:

"To be honest, that’s not something I am too concerned with, as strange as it sounds. I’ve accepted that, at some point, he’s going to take me down. I’ve accepted that I’m going to be fighting off my back for some of the fight and I’m just going to work to get back to my feet and do what damage I can from my back. I don’t want it to become too much of an issue -- defending the takedown -- because I won’t throw like I do against anybody else. I don’t want to be holding back on any of my kicks and punches because, at the end of the day, that’s what is going to win me the fight. My intention is to go in there, throw hard, just like Matt Serra did, but obviously a little more technical -- I’m a little quicker and more technical. I’ve got reach and weight on Matt Serra, so I can do exactly what he did but a lot better."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Serra vs Hardy would be a better match
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:41 pm

"If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I"

Not that simple Mr. Hardy
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:51 pm

anyone with power in their hands could beat anyone on a punchers chance. It can and will happen from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:06 pm

I hate Hardy, but that is exactly the mindset he needs to beat GSP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

His only chance is to catch GSP on the chin.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

His only chance is if GSP dont show.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 pm

atleast he has hope cus without we would have to watch someone who doesnt think he could win fight GSP so it would be like watching the NJ Nets play the lakers.. and i would much rather see someone go in there and test GSP not roll over because all of us online and prolly 99.8% of mma fans dont give him a chance...good luck Dan
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:50 am

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
atleast he has hope cus without we would have to watch someone who doesnt think he could win fight GSP so it would be like watching the NJ Nets play the lakers.. and i would much rather see someone go in there and test GSP not roll over because all of us online and prolly 99.8% of mma fans dont give him a chance...good luck Dan

Gotta agree with you here CVF. Better to go out swinging for your chance to shock the world than to stand there tentative to impose your only real asset to the game and worry yourself out of the fight. GSP taking Hardy down will happen, it's a given in the sport by now. GSP takes opponents down. But Hardy has serious power in his hands, and if he catches GSP he could just turn that fight into an unprecedented upset. Either way though I look forward to the fight, I am a fan of Hardy's.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:20 am

Hardy can be confident without looking dumb, here he just looks dumb. Matt Serra can't beat GSP so that statement is just stupid. Yeah, he caught GSP once but it would never happen again.

Saying things like this can only be detrimental to Hardy's health. GSP is going to slap it right on his bulletin board for motivation...as if he really needs it...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:25 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Hardy can be confident without looking dumb, here he just looks dumb. Matt Serra can't beat GSP so that statement is just stupid. Yeah, he caught GSP once but it would never happen again.

Saying things like this can only be detrimental to Hardy's health. GSP is going to slap it right on his bulletin board for motivation...as if he really needs it...

Hard to say someone can't do something when they already did it.

And I highly doubt these statements have any effect on GSP's motivation.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:16 am

timthebim wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

His only chance is if GSP dont show.

lmao
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Truth be told Hardy isn't really a top WW. I think Fitch, Alves, and even Penn are better than Hardy. Kos is a toss up. Hell, Hardy shoulda lost at 99 and didn't, not many people mention that. This is a bigger mismatch than BJ vs Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

Punchers chance...ok. Real chance? "Hey, look! Hell is freezing over"
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 pm

captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

You read my entire post, did you not?

Serra got lucky, not what I would classify as "beating" GSP.

And maybe you're right, these statements won't motivate GSP because Hardy should be confident going into any fight, however, Hardy runs his mouth a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if he says something that will motivate GSP.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 pm

GSP is gonna pound this guy out in the first round.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm

if Headbutts can beat GSP then so can I.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

You read my entire post, did you not?

Serra got lucky, not what I would classify as "beating" GSP.

And maybe you're right, these statements won't motivate GSP because Hardy should be confident going into any fight, however, Hardy runs his mouth a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if he says something that will motivate GSP.

So Serra did not beat GSP?

I think GSP beats Hardy down no matter what he has to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I   Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Hardy: If Matt Serra can beat Georges St. Pierre, so can I
Page 1 of 1