Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
killerofchicken
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Lets not act like Anderson is easy to takedown either unless you got wrestling creds, or that Vitor can do much there if he did so. Sonnen takes any and everyone down.

Vitor, play your game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Anderson has only been in trouble when on his back, Lutter, Hendo (1st rd), Sonnen, but we'll see. And Anderson has an underrated chin, dude can take punches, I know Vitor.....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Vitor has sub D, Sonnen well....it's Chael
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:10 pm

LA wrote:
Anderson has only been in trouble when on his back, Lutter, Hendo (1st rd), Sonnen, but we'll see. And Anderson has an underrated chin, dude can take punches, I know Vitor.....

Has Anderson fought anyone in the UFC with the standup skills of Vitor? He hasn't fought very many strikers in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:17 pm

He has fought some good strikers yes, perhaps not Vitor, but lets not go overboard here. He's also fought better competition over the last bunch of years in general, and Vitor hasn't fought in how long? I'm thinking Randy will point him in the right direction here.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Randy tells fighters to fight their fight. So yea. I agree.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

LA wrote:
He has fought some good strikers yes, perhaps not Vitor, but lets not go overboard here. He's also fought better competition over the last bunch of years in general, and Vitor hasn't fought in how long? I'm thinking Randy will point him in the right direction here.

Good strikers like who? Cote? Leben? Franklin and Hendo are probably the most dangerous strikers he has fought. But Vitor's striking is better then both IMO.
You think Vitor will use his wrestling here? I just don't see that happening or working if attempted.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Fight your fight Forrest, LOL

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Quote :
"I want to improve everything," Mitrione stated firmly. "I have been fortunate enough to develop a relationship with Randy Couture and we have done some work together. During our time he brought up the point that I am a stand up fighter but throughout the workout I had not attempted to get back to my feet once. It caught me off guard a bit because I hadn't really thought about it. Then he stressed that I needed to use my "bill payers", my hands and feet, and to get back up and use them. He told me to stop trying to be so patient and to stop trying to get the submission. He reminded me cheetahs don't change their spots and it was really an "oh shit" moment for me. Ever since then I have really changed my approach to how I train. All I do is work off my back and I'm glad I spend so much time doing that but now it's time to focus on something different. I need to get back to my feet and use my "bill payers". I need to be aggressive and let that shit fly."

I really doubt he is going to tell The Phenom to try and cage fuck or take Anderson down other than to set up his bill payers.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Good strikers like who? Cote? Leben? Franklin and Hendo are probably the most dangerous strikers he has fought. But Vitor's striking is better then both IMO.
You think Vitor will use his wrestling here? I just don't see that happening or working if attempted.

Franklin and Nate are very good strikers, and I said "perhaps not Vitor, but lets not go overboard". Others like Hendo, Leben and Cote at the time at least, are guys with power to hurt you, but not Vitor hand speed. I think Vitor has a smart gameplan, I say again, coming out trying to KO Anderson would not be it, sure he'll stand at times, but don't put yourself in danger uneccessarily, moving to train with Randy is telling to me at least.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm

LA wrote:
Fight your fight Forrest, LOL

Yo I am sure Couture recommended against having Junior Seau in his damn corner.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 pm

We could say the same thing about Anderson and standing with Vitor.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 pm

He just stood there, nothing to do with anything.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:33 pm

LA argues the weirdest shit somtimes. If Vitor tries to win this fight on the ground he's a moron. He could use takedowns to set up his strikes though, and mix it up, or catch Andy off guard. But he needs to use his bill payers.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Ok, we'll see.

Of course Vitor "could" catch Anderson, but I wouldn't be telling him all this go for the KO business.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA argues the weirdest shit somtimes. If Vitor tries to win this fight on the ground he's a moron. He could use takedowns to set up his strikes though, and mix it up, or catch Andy off guard. But he needs to use his bill payers.

Not at all, and your track record is horrible around here, don't play with fire even if you have it yourself, fight a smart fight, you've been out forever and his is for the Title. He didn't move to train with Randy for striking, sure he'll stand, but Anderson's weakness is obvious, we all see things different.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 pm

LA wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Not at all, and your track record is horrible around here, don't play with fire even if you have it yourself, fight a smart fight, you've been out forever and his is for the Title. He didn't move to train with Randy for striking, sure he'll stand, but Anderson's weakness is obvious, we all see things different.

Brock.

Who did you pick in the second GSP vs BJ fight? I don't remember.

KenFlo and Sherk vs BJ are great examples of not fighting to your style and using the wrong game plan. Vitor needs to live or die by the sword instead of trying to nunchucks.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Cain over Brock is literally all you have, and I'd pick BJ over GSP everytime, fav fighter ever, not a GSP guy.....

KenFlo would have nothing for BJ with any gameplan

Sherk isn't a great example because BJ has legendary takedown D, that is Anderson weakness., any fight where he's been in danger he's been on his back.

Vitor will stand, but don't play with fire with the best striker in the game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Do you really consider Anderson to be the best striker in the game?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:51 pm

What do you have? Pickems? How often do I do those? How much effort do I put into them when I do do them? The only reason you're still here is because when you were too much of a sniveling vagina to post after I ran you the fuck off the forum that was all you'd do. You pick based on the lines, and I've never gave a shit. Everyone knows that. There probably isn't a single person here who'd trust your analysis over mine. And arguing Vitor should follow Chael Sonnen's game plan isn't helping your case.

I'll tell you what, when you get invited to blog at real MMA blogs, get your work complimented by respected MMA journalists like Kid Nate or write anything that doesn't get you laughed at, then step to me. I am above trolling you at this point.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What do you have? Pickems? How often do I do those? How much effort do I put into them when I do do them? The only reason you're still here is because when you were too much of a sniveling vagina to post after I ran you the fuck off the forum that was all you'd do. You pick based on the lines, and I've never gave a shit. Everyone knows that. There probably isn't a single person here who'd trust your analysis over mine. And arguing Vitor should follow Chael Sonnen's game plan isn't helping your case.

I'll tell you what, when you get invited to blog at real MMA blogs, get your work complimented by respected MMA journalists like Kid Nate or write anything that doesn't get you laughed at, then step to me. I am above trolling you at this point.

You right some ridiculous blogs and think you're hot shit, you're the board clown kid, own it.

No mention of pick'ems, we've all been together for years, stop playing stupid, you know I know what's up.

You had to create multiple accounts to keep my rep down cause it made you sad it was so high.

Hey, I faked my rep and I fake my MMA picks LOL LOL OLO LOL OLO L OL O L HAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What a clown this guy is.

And never said Sonnen's gameplan, said smart, not going out to KO Anderson, use the fence, land some takedowns..........
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Multiple accounts? Back that up dude. Find an account I made. Find a single one. Prove it.

Everyone knows you faked your fucking rep, don't go there again. You wouldn't have bitched out like the whiny metrosexual you are otherwise. I've been routinely picking main events better than you for years and we all know this. But it's all good LA. I'm out of your league these days. This is the minors. I've gone pro.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

It got annoying dude, you're a pro internet asshole troll, own it, LOL at the same shit with you at Junkie. No one comes on to deal with your bullshit.

Fake Rep and faked fight picks LOL, you're too much.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Envy is a bitch. LA if I pretend I think you're smart will you stop sassin' me?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm

I hate it when mommy and daddy start yelling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126   Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort Parts Ways with Trainer Shawn Tompkins Ahead of UFC 126
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next