Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman Empty
PostSubject: Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman   Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Mike Chiapetta reports that Shawn Tompkins, Randy Couture's former partner at Xtreme Couture is training Randy's upcoming opponent Mark Coleman for UFC 109:

"It's just business," Tompkins said of the upcoming bout. "Anyone who's ever spoken to Randy, as far as competition, that's how he feels, too.

"For Randy, it's about the fight, not the drama," Tompkins continued. "He's real cool about it. We talked about it. I let his camp know first. I started working with Mark for the Stephan Bonnar fight [at UFC 100]. I have my own team now, and this is how I make my living and how my family survives, so if Mark Coleman comes to me and asks me to coach him in a matchup against another UFC Hall of Famer, I'm going to say yes. It's nothing personal. It should happen for the sport and the fans, and when it's all said and done, Randy and I will still be friends, and I'll still respect him for everything he's done for me."

But Tompkins does make it clear it was his differences with the way things were being done at Xtreme Couture that led him to leave:

"One thing that didn't really work well for me at Xtreme Couture was every fighter having their own staffs," he said. "If you're going to take this sport seriously, that doesn't seem to work out too well. I've always had my own thoughts on the best way to do it. Now these fighters that are training with me at TapouT are with me specifically as a part of Team Tompkins. What it comes down to is we get to coordinate and make sure they get what's best for them."

In addition to Mark Coleman, Tompkins is training Vitor Belfort, Sam Stout, Evan Dunham, Chris Horodecki, Junie Browning, and George Roop and others.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman   Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 pm

I always thought Xtreme Couture was too large of a cluster fuck with too many fighters in and out. Anyway, Coleman could be trained by Anderson Silva, Robert Drysdale, Greg Jackson, Renzo Gracie, Fedor, and Couture himself for this fight and still get his ass kicked.

Randy by KTFO. This is someone his boxing game will work wonders on. Randy is way faster and smarter of a fighter who has been fighting at a much higher level for a lot longer here recently. Granted Coleman looked good against a Stephan Bonnar who people are suggesting fight Kimbo, and a Shogun who looked so horrible people assumed his career was over, but he still be over matched by the boxing and footwork of Couture, and the wrestling is likely to be a wash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman   Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 am

Agree with Wolf. This will be a typical bob and weave performance by Randy where Coleman makes him look like Sugar Ray Leonard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman   Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy Couture's Former Partner Shawn Tompkins Is Training His UFC 109 Opponent Mark Coleman
Page 1 of 1