Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor Belfort?

Go down 
+4
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
SOKO
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Thoughts?

IMO he beats up on anderson next time around and holds the belt for a while. When he gets his shot that is.

What do you guys think? will he have trouble against the likes of sonnen, silva etc or.........
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Sonnen would maul Belfort, you've seen how he fared against wrestlers in the past.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm

I'd like to see how that Anderson would have played out if it wasn't for that crazy front kick. I think Vitor will beat any non-wrestler they put him against. But I think someone like Okami would control him.
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

War Vitor!!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I'll believe Anderson isn't totally in his head when I see it for myself

Chael would beat him but I take him against everyone else in the division
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Ali wrote:
Sonnen would maul Belfort, you've seen how he fared against wrestlers in the past.
wrestlers who were bigger than him... this time he'd be fighting a MW, even still he'd get taken down a lot lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'll believe Anderson isn't totally in his head when I see it for myself

Chael would beat him but I take him against everyone else in the division
I would throw in Okami, but yeah I would probably pick Vitor vs anyone else in that division. I still like Vitor vs guys like Munoz and Mayhem.
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Mayhem is considered 1 of the best? how long I been sleeping for?
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I don't like how people are trying to sweep the Silva fight under the rug, it's not like the kick happened seconds after the fight started. Vitor had four minutes to makes his mark and failed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Who called him the best? He is just a good wrestler/grappler. If he beats Bisping then a fight with Vitor wouldn't be out of the question.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Ali wrote:
I don't like how people are trying to sweep the Silva fight under the rug, it's not like the kick happened seconds after the fight started. Vitor had four minutes to makes his mark and failed.

Well it was pretty much a few minutes of feeling out with Vitor winning the round up to that point. Neither one of them had really done anything
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Well it was pretty much a few minutes of feeling out with Vitor winning the round up to that point. Neither one of them had really done anything
Plus it was round 1 of a 5 round fight. They were obviously pacing themselves for a majority of the round. I'm just saying I would like to see how it would have played out if it wasn't for that insane front kick. Not saying Vitor goes on to win just curious to how it would have went down.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 pm

I think Vitor could def but up a better fight vs Anderson than he did. But I don't know if he'd beat him. Either way I do think Vitor will get another shot at the title
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Plus it was round 1 of a 5 round fight. They were obviously pacing themselves for a majority of the round. I'm just saying I would like to see how it would have played out if it wasn't for that insane front kick. Not saying Vitor goes on to win just curious to how it would have went down.

thats the reason i was so disappointed that the fight ended the way it did, yeah it was an awesome KO but i really thought Vitor had what it takes to beat Andy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

thats the reason i was so disappointed that the fight ended the way it did, yeah it was an awesome KO but i really thought Vitor had what it takes to beat Andy
you and me both
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Who called him the best? He is just a good wrestler/grappler. If he beats Bisping then a fight with Vitor wouldn't be out of the question.

I don't think beating Bisping would earn him a shot at Vitor.
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I don't think beating Bisping would earn him a shot at Vitor.

Isn't the Bisping fight a title eliminator ?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 pm

No
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm

It better not be.
Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Sure I read it somewhere, perhaps that was before Zuffa bribed the officials to allow Sonnen back.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Don't think it ever was. Before and after the rightful return of Chael
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Would love to see the rematch. I thought the KO was flukey. But I would still pick Silva.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:13 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

you and me both

same here this is half the reason I made the thread.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:36 pm

only way i see vitor winnin a rematch is if he puts spidey away within the first rd and half. the longer the fight goes the more discourged he will get and most likely get subbed. still best punchers chance in the division

also imo i dont think he ws pacing him self cust it as gonna be a 5 rd fight. he just like anderson were waiting on each other to counter and comin . we have seen this from him in previous fights. look how long it took him to get rid of martin. still would be a good match and like i said , best strikers/punchers chance in the division but i would easily pick anderson .
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:19 am

Vitor was winning the rd against Anderson? I think like a single Anderson leg kick had landed, nah really though I looked at fightmetric and both guys landed 6 strikes in that rd, none of significance until the front kick, that was a classic 10-10 at that point.

I don't see any reason to believe Vitor would beat Anderson now, Akiyama is 10x slower then Anderson, not much to learn from that fight. It'd be the same as the previous fight, where we know Vitor could land a KO shot, I'd expect Anderson to first though.

After rewatching young Anderson vs young Okami for the first time in a couple years, I'm fully confident Anderson beats him down. He was stuffing every shot easily, and really dropped to gaurded unnecessarily, he could have fought to keep it standing, he was working Okami standing obviously.

Only Sonnen, with phenominal wrestling, a great chin, and great control I see beating Anderson, if he doesn't get subbed first...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vitor Belfort? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort?   Vitor Belfort? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next