Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm

http://www.mmaload.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/vitor-belfort-doesn-t-like-cowards-t57013.html

"Belfort also raised the subject of fighters picking and choosing opponents in the hope of obtaining an easier match. Specifically he laid into Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua, who according to UFC president Dana White had said he would “rather be cut from the UFC than fight Glover Teixeira” (Rua denies saying this).

“I don’t pick fights. There are people who say ‘If they give me this guy, I would rather be fired’! I was even talking about it with Dana White. How can anybody choose their fight? Obviously some managers force things for their athletes go up in the career but I want to make a fight that interests the public. I already am in the end of my career, so I want to do one more fight and go for the belt,” he said.

“Joe Rogan spoke with me that it makes all sense, unless Hector Lombard wins very well over Tim Boetsch. And Lorenzo Fertitta told me that I would dispute the title if I had beat Wanderlei."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:28 pm

broken english vitor... broken english
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Big talk for a "chicken"

I also think Dana lied about Shogun saying that he would rather be cut than fight Tex..don't make sense.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Big talk for a "chicken"

I also think Dana lied about Shogun saying that he would rather be cut than fight Tex..don't make sense.
Shogun's explanation wasn't any better. He wasn't going to fight Tex and that was that.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

still..there is a difference between turning down an opponent and saying he would rather leave the org than fight him.

I bet Dana just hinted that vaguely that there could be repercussions if they didnt take the fight, they called his bluff and continued to turn down the fight. Dana decided to translate what he thought it meant into an actual statement and the repercussions were he was going to try to damage Rua's reputation to the legions who eat every loaf Dana pinches.. Me thinks.

It's funny though...as much as i like Glover..i think Shogun would spank him. I think maybe Shogun might think Vera is better and higher profile opponent. Fact is, Vera woud dominate everybody on Glover's resume as well..and he's a bigger name by far to UFC fans. Glover was on facebook when he beat some tuf noob. Shogun would not get much love for whooping Glover as people would just write the poor guy off, and it would be Werdum losing to unknown JDS level slide down the pole if he loses, considering he's already lost 2 of his last 3. Shogun has fought the very best guys and he's afraid of Texieria?...getduhfugouttahere. Business calls.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:23 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
still..there is a difference between turning down an opponent and saying he would rather leave the org than fight him.

Yeah but Shogun made it sound like there was no way he would even consider stepping in the cage with Tex at this time. It was a hard no. No one is saying he is afraid, that wouldn't be accurate at all. Refusing a fight because it is a bad business move is different then refusing a fight because you are afraid of your opponent. I don't think Shogun has an ounce of fear when it comes to Tex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards    Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort doesn't like cowards
Page 1 of 1