Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso Empty
PostSubject: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 am

http://www.cagepotato.com/shogun-comments-on-amicable-parting-of-ways-with-longtime-manager-eduardo-alonso/

Filed under the managers getting the axe category...

This one is more surprising to me than anyone letting go of that turd Soares
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 am

Saw this the other day. I think he said they are still "friends" and made it seem pretty civil.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/9/2787913/mauricio-rua-ufc-has-made-it-clear-we-dont-need-a-manager
In an interview with Sherdog.com, Mauricio Rua, who recently parted ways with long time manager Eduardo Alonso, says that the UFC has made very clear that the fighters do not need managers, as well as goes into more detail as to what lead to the split with Alonso.

Check it out:

Quote :
"Actually, it wasn't for that reason. Since Chute Boxe, I've always worked with three people or companies: my manager, my coach and a media team that takes care of my image. Unfortunately, I hadn't found a team that inspired my trust, and now I found a good team. Eduardo is a very competent guy, but he doesn't like this way of operating; he prefers one person taking care of everything. Not commanding everything, but overseeing everything. I don't agree, [I prefer] each guy in his area. I like him, I know he likes me, but there was some conflict of ideas. There are some different people helping me with this part right now; I'm still thinking. The UFC has made it clear that we don't need a manager; all negotiations are conducted by the athletes themselves. A manager today is not like in the Pride days. At that time, they had much more weight. I am in favor of a manager, that's not the reason that I separated from Eduardo. I want to work with people nearby: Eduardo works in Sao Paulo and I'm in Curitiba. But, this is not the only reason. There are others, like I said."

Last edited by OU on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 am

If the ufc cuts Nick he should just move to brazil and be Shoguns cardio coach and he can just get blazed and fight brazilians for the rest of his life he'll be happy lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:18 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27427/ufc-has-no-intention-of-dividing-fighters-and-managers-dana-white-says.mma
OMAHA, Neb. – UFC president Dana White said a grand total of two fighters have negotiated with him directly since he took his current job: Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell.

"And I don't think Forrest or Chuck have done too bad," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Tuesday.

Responding to recent comments that implied the UFC is attempting to cut managers out of the picture, White said he does give advice to fighters about representation – but not whether they have representation.

"The two things I always say to guys? No. 1, get a guy you can [expletive] trust and make sure that all your taxes are being paid," White said. "This is something we tell them at the fighter summit. The other thing is, be careful who you get to represent you. Because that's exactly what they do. They represent you."

This week, former light-heavyweight champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua underwent a change in representation when he announced a split from manager Eduardo Alonso in an interview with Sherdog.

Conspiracy theories were fueled, however, when Rua said, "The UFC has made it clear to us that we don't need managers."

White said he "didn't know where 'Shogun' is coming from on that" and "couldn't care less" about whom fighters chose to act as their representative.

"These guys are all grown men," he said. "They can do whatever they want. There have been cases where there's managers I can't stand. I don't tell people to change their managers. They can do whatever they want to do.

"Does a fighter need a manager? What a fighter needs is a real good attorney. The fighter needs a great attorney to go through their contract, and an attorney can negotiate your contract for $250 an hour. Or you can have a manager because (with) some guys, it depends on what you want. Some guys have these managers who do everything for them. They get sponsorship for them. They get all their bills. They do all their [expletive]."

Before he became UFC president, White managed Liddell and Tito Ortiz, who would become two of the promotion's biggest stars as it expanded from fringe sport to mainstream property. He publicly feuded with Ortiz during that time over a variety of issues, including pay, though the two reconciled in mid-2009.

Aside from the occasional legal issue, White has been considerably more low-key about his relationships with fighter reps.

"It doesn't matter if they have a bad relationship with me," he said. "It's about how they act and how they represent you publicly. There have been tons of managers who have [expletive] made sponsors have a huge hard-on to get a guy, and then once they deal with their manager, they want nothing to [expletive] do with that guy."

Rua, who most recently lost a unanimous decision to Dan Henderson at UFC 139, has yet to clarify his earlier comments.

"When me and (UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta) were just in Brazil, we met with Eduardo," White said. "We had dinner with him. He's a great guy. We like him a lot. I don't give a [expletive] what guys do. If they want managers, don't want managers – that's up to them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso   Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun parts ways with Eduardo Alonso
Page 1 of 1