Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?

Go down 
+7
LTFG
Birdofthad
UBeeg9cats
OU
josh200612
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:44 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
We will see about FSU winning the ACC. As for Va Tech still sucking, they are ranked the same as Air Force was last week in the vaunted human polls you were using. We need some type of bet about Air Force winning 10 games. They have 5 wins with 6 games counting the bowl game left. They still have to play Utah and TCU. They won't win either and will probably lose their bowl game. That puts them at 8 wins.
I think they upset Utah. And who knows with TCU they damn sure are not really a top 15 team. Same with Boise. Both of them being ranked that high is a joke and a fad.

Literally laughing out loud. Yeah TCU and Boise suck dick that's why they are both in the top 3 of the LV Poll. Stunning that just because a team isn't from a power conference you just write them off. How ignorant.

What amazes me is that sooners is rejecting these 2 when they have beat Oregon State, Va Tech, Baylor, and SMU but Air Force, who struggled with Wyoming while both these teams dominated, is a completely legit team that is gonna win 10 games. If you don't want to give Boise or TCU credit, you cannot possibly give Air Force any credit.
LMFAO. Baylor Baylor are you kidding me? Who in the hell cant beat Baylor? Va Tech cant beat an FCS. Oregon State cant seem to win right now and SMU has lost 3 games already. You guys celebrate wins over shitty teams and that shows you how much your reaching.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
We will see about FSU winning the ACC. As for Va Tech still sucking, they are ranked the same as Air Force was last week in the vaunted human polls you were using. We need some type of bet about Air Force winning 10 games. They have 5 wins with 6 games counting the bowl game left. They still have to play Utah and TCU. They won't win either and will probably lose their bowl game. That puts them at 8 wins.
I think they upset Utah. And who knows with TCU they damn sure are not really a top 15 team. Same with Boise. Both of them being ranked that high is a joke and a fad.

Literally laughing out loud. Yeah TCU and Boise suck dick that's why they are both in the top 3 of the LV Poll. Stunning that just because a team isn't from a power conference you just write them off. How ignorant.
You guys will see. If they dont put them playing against each other again. Funny how they never play a top tier team. ESP Boise who's best win will be Va Tech. Give me a fucking break.

They played a team in the 1st week that was preseason top 10 and then hosted Oregon State who was top 25. Doesn't sound bad to me. Its funny how you totally degrade that but on the other hand are trying to act like Air Force is some powerhouse. Virginia Tech will probably end up winning the ACC and going to a BCS game anyway
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

What amazes me is that sooners is rejecting these 2 when they have beat Oregon State, Va Tech, Baylor, and SMU but Air Force, who struggled with Wyoming while both these teams dominated, is a completely legit team that is gonna win 10 games. If you don't want to give Boise or TCU credit, you cannot possibly give Air Force any credit.
LMFAO. Baylor Baylor are you kidding me? Who in the hell cant beat Baylor? Va Tech cant beat an FCS. Oregon State cant seem to win right now and SMU has lost 3 games already. You guys celebrate wins over shitty teams and that shows you how much your reaching.

Baylor has 1 loss outside of an away game to a top 5 team. They lost a neutral field game by a TD. I am pretty sure they kill SDSU or Wyoming. You are mistaking us saying these are decent teams for some reason. Texas has as many losses as Baylor. If you care about quality wins only, what teams are so impressive that Boise and TCU are outside the top 15? Give us a list to prove how "crazy" this is. Va Tech is ranked and Air Force is not in the BCS rankings, the official rankings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

You guys will see. If they dont put them playing against each other again. Funny how they never play a top tier team. ESP Boise who's best win will be Va Tech. Give me a fucking break.

They played a team in the 1st week that was preseason top 10 and then hosted Oregon State who was top 25. Doesn't sound bad to me. Its funny how you totally degrade that but on the other hand are trying to act like Air Force is some powerhouse. Virginia Tech will probably end up winning the ACC and going to a BCS game anyway
Sig bet? Also who gives a rats ass what preseason rankings are its pretty evident that Va Tech is not very good. Every year that team is ranked preseason top 10 and every year they disappoint. Boise has the weakest schedule in the country and will drop in the BCS poll all year even if they go undefeated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Baylor has 1 loss outside of an away game to a top 5 team. They lost a neutral field game by a TD. I am pretty sure they kill SDSU or Wyoming. You are mistaking us saying these are decent teams for some reason. Texas has as many losses as Baylor. If you care about quality wins only, what teams are so impressive that Boise and TCU are outside the top 15? Give us a list to prove how "crazy" this is. Va Tech is ranked and Air Force is not in the BCS rankings, the official rankings.
Va Tech should not be allowed to be ranked this year period after losing to James Madison. They are a joke.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Va Tech should not be allowed to be ranked this year period after losing to James Madison. They are a joke.

I guess you question BHop's HOF credentials because he lost early to a nobody. You probably also hate Pac for those losses all those years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

I guess you question BHop's HOF credentials because he lost early to a nobody. You probably also hate Pac for those losses all those years ago.
LOL what a shitty defense. And no it would be more like BHOP losing to a 12 year old kid with a broken foot.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 am

So an early bad loss in football is totally different than an early bad loss in boxing? I understand.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:54 am

Looks the the computers agree with Mark. OU has the hardest non-conference schedule of the unbeaten teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 am

OU wrote:
Looks the the computers agree with Mark. OU has the hardest non-conference schedule of the unbeaten teams.
Yep we have the number 20 overall hardest schedule so far. Boise was 79th I think. Realllllll close huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
So an early bad loss in football is totally different than an early bad loss in boxing? I understand.
Lets see a 25 year carrer vs a season HMMM. Yeah we should be comparing them right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 am

soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:
Yep we have the number 20 overall hardest schedule so far. Boise was 79th I think. Realllllll close huh?

Yeah I wasn't that surprised OU was #1, but I was surprised at the margin. It wasn't even close. The difference between OU at 1 and Oregon at 2 is the same as #2 to #5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:10 am

OU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

Yeah I wasn't that surprised OU was #1, but I was surprised at the margin. It wasn't even close. The difference between OU at 1 and Oregon at 2 is the same as #2 to #5.
Yeah I thought we would be number 2. But it doesnt matter. As long as we take care of buisness we will be in the NC game.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am

soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

I love the spin zone sooners. We have been talking about non-conference this whole time but lets use the whole schedule all of a sudden. I have NEVER and would NEVER say Boise is going to have a tougher schedule. I don't know where to look up non-conference strength but here is the SOS from the BCS rankings. OU has an average of 19 which is close to what you said but Boise's avg is 59 which is 20 off of your claim. This includes Boise playing the 2 worst teams in conference and OU getting a boost from Texas.

Sagarin (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm): OU 15 BSU 55
Anderson (http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html): OU 29 BSU 49
Colley (http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html): OU 13 BSU 73

As for my BHop analogy, HOF is a career-evaluated achievement just like seasonal ranking is a season-evaluated achievement. Would you rather me talk about Glen Johnson losing so many fights early on but didn't deserve the lineal title or Ring ranking later on. 1 game does not make a season IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

I love the spin zone sooners. We have been talking about non-conference this whole time but lets use the whole schedule all of a sudden. I have NEVER and would NEVER say Boise is going to have a tougher schedule. I don't know where to look up non-conference strength but here is the SOS from the BCS rankings. OU has an average of 19 which is close to what you said but Boise's avg is 59 which is 20 off of your claim. This includes Boise playing the 2 worst teams in conference and OU getting a boost from Texas.

As for my BHop analogy, HOF is a career-evaluated achievement just like seasonal ranking is a season-evaluated achievement. Would you rather me talk about Glen Johnson losing so many fights early on but didn't deserve the lineal title or Ring ranking later on. 1 game does not make a season IMO.
And OU just played Iowa State. Whats your point? If I had the information on the Non Conference I would have shown you that as well. Its not close.

On the Boxing analogy. No I would rather you just admit the sports are not even close and should never be compared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Oregon State and Va Tech are starting to move up which keeps making Boise look better and better. Boise is projected to be BCS #1 when its rankings are released next week: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225
Remember this?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 pm

OU will choke. Stoops is just as notorious for choking as Tressel is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 pm

NoRegret wrote:

Hater in the house.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

OU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Hater in the house.

Im not a hater. OU is one of the few teams that I like outta the Big 12. Im just telling it like it is. Along with Ohio State having a history of choking..Oklahoma has had one too in recent years.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Hater in the house.

Im not a hater. OU is one of the few teams that I like outta the Big 12. Im just telling it like it is. Along with Ohio State having a history of choking..Oklahoma has had one too in recent years.

No your just speaking like a fan whose team just lost. I understand, if OU and Ohio St were in opposite roles I would probably have the same reaction. Takes awhile for that sting to go away and you are waiting for others to have the same since your team is taking the heat. I get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:16 pm

NoRegret wrote:
LOL Ohio State LOL
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:16 pm

*cough* Boise State *cough*

*cough* West Virginia *cough*

*cough* Florida *cough*

*cough* USC blowing you out by 30+ *cough*

*cough* LSU *cough*

Hmmmm 2-5 in bowl games over the last 7 years...yet im just a jealous fan lashing out....or MAYBE...im just speaking a bit of harsh truth that you do not like to admit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 Hater_tots1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Or maybe, just maybe....your lashing out because you team lost and you are HOPING that OU does the same so that makes you feel a little better that your team isn't the only one that choked this year.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

And OU just played Iowa State. Whats your point? If I had the information on the Non Conference I would have shown you that as well. Its not close.

On the Boxing analogy. No I would rather you just admit the sports are not even close and should never be compared.

Take any sport then. How does a bad loss disqualify you from being ranked? 1 game does not eliminate you from contention. As for Iowa State, they are 37th by Sagarin when San Jose is 121 and New Mexico state is 153. I think there is a small gap in strength.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next