Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?

Go down 
+7
LTFG
Birdofthad
UBeeg9cats
OU
josh200612
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? Empty
PostSubject: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Their schedule
Utah State- Record 2-3
Florida State- Record 4-1 Currently ranked 23
Air Force- Record 4-1 Currently ranked 25
@ Cincinnati- Record 1-3

They beat two teams that are ranked and both only have one loss. Is there another team that has two better wins?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Airforce, a couple of teams with losing records from the Big East and Wac...

Wait was there an SEC team in there somewhere?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 am

Is this a serious question? LOL
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 am

You'll get used to this bizarro universe type opinion from this fellow here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:43 am

this is a complete HOMER question LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 am

Ah yee of little faith. You guys didnt answer the question. I really want to know if there was another team who has played and beat two ranked teams in their non-conference schedule?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:46 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Airforce will win 10 games this year and Florida State has looked very good since the OU game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 am

josh200612 wrote:
this is a complete HOMER question LOL!
Yes. Yes it is.

But its also something to think about. Has anyone else in the country beat two ranked teams in their non-conference? I really dont know if there was.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 am

I think UNC had a pretty decent non-conference schedule.
LSU, GT, @Rutgers, East Carolina.

UCLA had a tough first 4 games(1 was a conference game)
@K-State, Standford, Houston(different game before QB was hurt), @Texas

I know we are talking non-conference but how about this early stretch for Miami
@Ohio St(non conference), @Pitt(non conference), @Clemson followed by FSU

Speaking of Pitt they have @Utah, Miami and @ND. Pretty tough non-conference
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 am

Maybe I am rooting a little too much for Boise but I think VaTech and OSU will end up with higher rankings at the end of the year. I doubt Air Force will even be ranked and FSU has bombed during ACC play in recent years. I think VaTech or Miami will win the ACC and I think OSU could be in the top 3 of the Pac 10 which is a very strong and balanced league this year. TCU had a decent schedule and as much as I hate to admit it, tOSU's win over Miami was the top non-conference win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Maybe I am rooting a little too much for Boise but I think VaTech and OSU will end up with higher rankings at the end of the year. I doubt Air Force will even be ranked and FSU has bombed during ACC play in recent years. I think VaTech or Miami will win the ACC and I think OSU could be in the top 3 of the Pac 10 which is a very strong and balanced league this year. TCU had a decent schedule and as much as I hate to admit it, tOSU's win over Miami was the top non-conference win.

Va Tech won't win the ACC. It will be Miami or FSU. Va Tech isn't even top 3 this year IMO in ACC. Oregon St could still have some nice wins in the Pac 10. I think Nevada will be the highest ranked team at the end of the season that Boise plays. I think TCU will have a much more impressive resume when the year is over. I also disagree and I think FSU will be ranked over both Va Tech and Oregon St at the end of the season. Also IMO Air Force>Va Tech. TCU though will have the same Oregon St, but add Pitt and Utah, destroying Baylor isn't too bad, they play Air Force as well.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:34 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Va Tech won't win the ACC. It will be Miami or FSU. Va Tech isn't even top 3 this year IMO in ACC. Oregon St could still have some nice wins in the Pac 10. I think Nevada will be the highest ranked team at the end of the season that Boise plays. I think TCU will have a much more impressive resume when the year is over. I also disagree and I think FSU will be ranked over both Va Tech and Oregon St at the end of the season. Also IMO Air Force>Va Tech. TCU though will have the same Oregon St, but add Pitt and Utah, destroying Baylor isn't too bad, they play Air Force as well.

If you are right about VaTech, Boise will end up with a weak non-conf SOS as well but I will be shocked if they don't keep up how they have been playing in their last 3 games. I fully expect them to be a top 15 team especially considering some if not all of the computer rankings do not take into account games against FCS teams. This means VaTech is 3-1 to those polls with a road win over a ranked team.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:17 am

wow and i thought i was a homer tothe fullest
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Airforce will win 10 games this year and Florida State has looked very good since the OU game.

The only reason AirForce would even sniff at 10 wins is because of the conference they play in. Its no different from Boise State.

AirForce would get trounced by any top 25 team in college football, and Florida State is overrated. Put them against other top 25 teams and they will collapse as well. They will be an 8-9 win team. Same with the Chair Force.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Mark, Sooners twice mentioned the team with the toughest non-conference in his post. Oregon St. had to go to Boise St. and TCU while getting Loisville at home. No they didn't beat Boise St. or TCU, but your thread question was about toughest non-conference schedule...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:54 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Mark, Sooners twice mentioned the team with the toughest non-conference in his post. Oregon St. had to go to Boise St. and TCU while getting Loisville at home. No they didn't beat Boise St. or TCU, but your thread question was about toughest non-conference schedule...

Personally I would say that Pitt's 3 non conference games @Utah, vs Miami and @ND is tougher. Close, but still overall tougher IMO.

I'll be a homer and say Broyles is the best play making WR in college football today and a strong candidate to win the top WR award this season. He had a TD that was called back this weekend that was truly amazing. He has had some amazing plays this season.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Please... Oregon St. played two top-6 teams. They could have played Eastern Michigan as their other game and they're still a notch up...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:23 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Please... Oregon St. played two top-6 teams. They could have played Eastern Michigan as their other game and they're still a notch up...

That is why I said "personally". I think Miami is as good or better then those teams. IMO Utah and TCU are pretty equal. @ND is tougher then Louisville. Obviously you are a Oregon guy, I'm just saying IMO it was tougher.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm much less high on Oregon St. than I was to begin the season. I'm basing it solely on where the teams are ranked. Personally, I think TCU or Boise St. "might" only beat 3-4 top-15 teams including eachother. Just basing it on rankings... But I see your point of view.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:34 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I'm much less high on Oregon St. than I was to begin the season. I'm basing it solely on where the teams are ranked. Personally, I think TCU or Boise St. "might" only beat 3-4 top-15 teams including eachother. Just basing it on rankings... But I see your point of view.

Yea I get that, on paper that OSU schedule was brutal. But I just saying looking at it I think Pitt had a very tough non conference road. I know ND is still down but @ND isn't a gimme. Miami is very talented and @Utah first game of the year is pretty comparable to @TCU IMO. Both had their hands full non-conference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I figured it would be implied that the teams we are questioning would be undefeated. But I guess I have to add stuff like that in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:32 pm

OK so lets look at the teams that matter and are undefeated. Which I figured we would anyways but I failed to limit it to that in my OP. So is there a team that has had a better Non-Conference schedule that is undefeated.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 pm

This is just too hard to evaluate right now. We can revisit this later when we have seen how teams perform in conference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:39 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
This is just too hard to evaluate right now. We can revisit this later when we have seen how teams perform in conference.
But thats the point. Right now everyone is talking shit about OU's wins but right now is OU the only team to be undefeated and to beat two ranked teams?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Not everyone has played all of their OOC games yet and at the end of the season they could have more or less ranked OOC wins on their resume. There's a decent picture of what teams are likely to be in the conversation though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?   Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did OU have the toughest non-conference schedule?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next