Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
SOKO
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He's 3-0 against fighters currently on the UFC roster, who themselves are on multi-fight UFC win streaks, and 5-2 against fighters who do or have fought with the UFC.

Kyle Kingsbury is on a 2-0 streak, Beltran just lost to Mitrione, who is the other guy he beat that's in the ufc? I'm not trying to prove you wrong I'm trying to educate myself.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Why can't he beat a single fighter in the UFC or Brandon Vera for that matter is what I wonder.

That's just my opinion, I thought I wouldn't be the only one, I guess I am. Like I said I've been wrong before and I probably will be again.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Beltran has not fought Mitrione yet and has beat Houstan Alexander, Tim Hauge, and Rolles Gracie in his last three fights after losing unanimously to Lopez. Wes Combs and Jason Lambert also lost to Lopez and they were good enough to be invited to compete in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Oh shit duh of course Beltran has fought Mitirione yet. Ok cool he's atleast got some quality wins, obviously wrong about not being able to compete at that level but I'd still pick Vera anyday against him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Oh shit duh of course Beltran has fought Mitirione yet. Ok cool he's atleast got some quality wins, obviously wrong about not being able to compete at that level but I'd still pick Vera anyday against him.

See I don't have any problem with someone picking Vera, it was the part about him not being able to beat ANYONE in the UFC HW or LHW division. If Lopez fought Vera I would probably pick Vera as well.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:57 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

See I don't have any problem with someone picking Vera, it was the part about him not being able to beat ANYONE in the UFC HW or LHW division. If Lopez fought Vera I would probably pick Vera as well.

Hey untill it was just proven to me. I would 've never believed he did beat anyone currently on the ufc roster that's why I like posting here I spew my opinions and get to learn shit too. I truely believed that he won't be able to beat anyone in the ufc based on the three fights of his I've seen in which he looked like shit to me. That fight he lost to Kyle, hell Kyle looked like shit, so in my eyes Lopez sucked. But I guess I jumped the gun on that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:00 pm

I give you a domo on that. Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 Clap
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 pm

For a while Lopez had the second longest unbeaten streak in MMA. Maybe the longest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 am

Lopez taught Pootey Tang how to fight with ponytails too. I'm just sayin.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
For a while Lopez had the second longest unbeaten streak in MMA. Maybe the longest.

Don't get me wrong that is sweet but I guess KOTC/small show wins don't hold as much wait in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Don't get me wrong that is sweet but I guess KOTC/small show wins don't hold as much wait in my eyes.

which is a big obstacle for these smaller shows. Here is KOTC with a guy who has proven very successful vs UFC level guys, yet the majority of MMA fans think that KOTC and the fighters in it are minor league.

But truth is the UFC does not have a monopoly on top level talent. Tons of very good fighters out there.

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

which is a big obstacle for these smaller shows.

It def isn't as big an obstacle as it would be in the ufc, strikeforce, or dream. Hell even bellator. But I'm sure you know that. Look to have that kind of streak is great but when I heard of this guy watched a couple of his fights he looked like crap to me so that's what I'm going by I guess.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

MMAEYES wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

It def isn't as big an obstacle as it would be in the ufc, strikeforce, or dream. Hell even bellator. But I'm sure you know that. Look to have that kind of streak is great but when I heard of this guy watched a couple of his fights he looked like crap to me so that's what I'm going by I guess.

I guess, but if you've only seen Penn vs Edgar, without knowing their history, I don't think you'd know that Penn is considered the greatest lw of all time.

Silva vs Chael, Little nog vs Brilz, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I guess, but if you've only seen Penn vs Edgar, without knowing their history, I don't think you'd know that Penn is considered the greatest lw of all time.

Silva vs Chael, Little nog vs Brilz, etc. etc.

If those fights happen under the KOTC banner your damn right I wouldn't have known. I get what your saying though everyone has bad days. And everyone loses even Fedor Sad
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:18 pm

KOTC has churned out more name recognizable fighters than any other midsized organization ever. WEC, SF, Elite/Shock are what they are today(or were) because of KOTC and GC to a lesser California extent. Like Pride and UFC, they siphoned out talent from that org on a regular basis. Things really haven't changed either. Just for fun, here are just some former KOTC fighters.

Keith Jardine
Charlie Valencia
Uriah Faber
Diego Sanchez
Quinton Jackson
Forrest Griffin
Jeremy Horn
Duane Ludwig
Karo Pariysian
Dean Lister
Ricco Rodriguez
Tim Silva
Dan Hardy
Jamie Varner
Jorge Santiago
Cub Swanson
Clay Guida
Robbie Lawler
Rob McCullough
Jake Ellenberger
Tony Bonello
Bart Palaszewski
Jeff Curran
Don Frye
Shane del Rosario
Jesse Taylor
Thiago Alves
Bibiano Fernandes
Martin Kampmann
Paul Buentello
Joe Stevenson
Toby Imada
Nate Quarry
Carlos Condit
Benji Radach
Herb Dean
James Wilks
Dustin Hazelett
Damacio Page
Jorge Gurgel
Kendall Grove
Mac Danzig
Eddie Sanchez
Charles Bennett
Manny Tapia
Joey Villasenor
Rory Singer
Wilson Gouviea
Seth Petruzelli
Marvin Eastman
Yves Edwards
Guy Mezger
John Alessio
Tim Credeur
Dan Severn

Just some, I'm lucky I got to see some of these dudes fight in Cali for cheap ticket prices.

Lopez has got less out of doing more than many of these dudes to.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm

I knew alot of fighters started out in KOTC but I didn't know about all of them damn. Do you know how many of those guys fought for them with like a muti-fight contract like Lopez? I wonder how many fought like once for them then went to a bigger show?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Not many are multi-contracted at that level. Dudes just take a fight wherever they can. Most fought a few, some only once, several fought many times with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2