Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
SOKO
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! Empty
PostSubject: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:30 am

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12638&zoneid=13

“At one time Vera said he wanted to be the light heavyweight and heavyweight champion at the same time. Since that’s never going to happen, how about fighting someone that has?”

“I want to fight the best… (Brock) Lesnar, Anderson Silva. I want to prove myself to be the best."

This guy just lost both KOTC titles, wins one fight and thinks he's the shit now. LOL just thought everyone would get a good laugh out of this. I did.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 am

I have never heard of this dude!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 am

Then again, if you're calling out Vera no1 has heard of you! lol
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Then again, if you're calling out Vera no1 has heard of you! lol

you got a point
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Lopez can fight. I would like to see him and Vera go at it. He would get killed by Lesnar, Carwin, etc.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 pm

It might be a decent scrap actually, Vera fights down and Lopez fights up. It's a good marketing move for Lopez anyways, he is lesser known and Vera is more known, lately for being a buster.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:24 pm

He could probably give Vera a good fight, if not beat him...but Vera would probably also be the KOTC LHW and HW champ except Cormier would tax that ass.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:31 pm

What's with all the Vera hate? Vera would fuck Lopez's world up! As would anybody in either weightclass he fights in on the ufc roster.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Man, lose a couple decisions and get your eye smashed by Bones and I guess your garbage. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:32 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
What's with all the Vera hate? Vera would fuck Lopez's world up! As would anybody in either weightclass he fights in on the ufc roster.
what have you done for me lately? vera hasnt done crap!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:33 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Really? Do those little letter on the gloves really mean that much to you? He did have a SD loss o Mike Kyle if I remember right and just TKO'd Lambert who is a UFC vet.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Really? Do those little letter on the gloves really mean that much to you?

Not at all ability and skill means that much to me. Which I have no problem thinking every LHW and HW in the ufc has more of than Lopez.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
just TKO'd Lambert who is a UFC vet.

Yeah and his two fights before that he got dominated by two guys that probably won't ever see the inside of a ufc cage. And I don't mean just lost he got completely worked. Everyone has a chance but I still can't see Lopez beating Vera.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Not at all ability and skill means that much to me. Which I have no problem thinking every LHW and HW in the ufc has more of than Lopez.

Really? Do you even know the name to every fighter on the UFC roster? You sure Jared Hamman is better?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Would he beat Joey Beltran?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:45 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Really? Do you even know the name to every fighter on the UFC roster? You sure Jared Hamman is better?

No that's why I said I have no problem THINKING every LHW and HW in the ufc has more than Lopez.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

No that's why I said I have no problem THINKING every LHW and HW in the ufc has more than Lopez.

If you think that....you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

If you think that....you're wrong.

I could be, I have been before. But that's still what I think. I think if Lopez was any good the ufc or dream or somebody would have tried to get him while he was holding down those beloved KOTC titles. Why didn't he call out ufc fighters when he actually held a title? That's what I think is funny
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm

There is a lot of LHW's in UFC that Tony Lopez(and Mike Kyle and Tony Johnson) can beat. Granted they would never sniff a fight at a higher level then maybe Phil Davis IMO who i think would beat Vera. I like Vera but Lopez could give him problems..not saying i would favor Lopez but Vera is definetly not above it considering he has never beat anybody except Mir when he came back and was losing to everybody.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Yeah and his two fights before that he got dominated by two guys that probably won't ever see the inside of a ufc cage. And I don't mean just lost he got completely worked. Everyone has a chance but I still can't see Lopez beating Vera.

Completely worked? No way did u see these fights.

Lopez lost via SPLIT decision to UFC vet Mike Kyle(who was 2-1 in the Octagon with a KO win over Irvin in his final UFC fight, note that Kyle was not booted out of the UFC for lack of ability). Kyle is the only man to beat SF champ Cavalcante.

And the other loss was a 5 rnd decision loss to a very big(250 or so), and talented wrestler Tony Johnson, I very much expect Johnson to find his way to a major promotion within the next couple years. Lopez meanwhile weighs about 220 in his hwy bouts.

b4 those 2 losses Lopez reeled off 16 straight wins, and has since come back to win another fight.

Vera meanwhile is 3-5 in his last 8 bouts, with one of those wins over Reese Andy.

This would be a pretty interesting matchup.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Tony Lopez is UFC/Strikeforce level until proven otherwise. Losing to Mike Kyle aint that bad really since Kyle is the best LHW no one is talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Completely worked? No way did u see these fights.

Actually I did. At no point in either fight did Lopez even LOOK good. I didn't realize I was dissing Tony on his fanpage....my bad.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 pm

It's nothing really out of the ordinary for a guy to drop the names of the best athletes in the sport and say he wants to beat these guys, achieve what they have. It's comedy if it's a nobody, a someone who doesn't fight like a Toney. Lopez is neither of those. He is good and his aspirations might be a bit of reach currently in terms of Anderson and Brock, but Vera? It's laughable to defend Vera against any competent fighter right now. He has shown as little as anyone in the past few years. Someone like Lopez has every right to seriously call out someone of Vera's stature.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I just flat out disagree with how good you guys think Lopez is. But hey we can't agree on everything.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

He's 3-0 against fighters currently on the UFC roster, who themselves are on multi-fight UFC win streaks, and 5-2 against fighters who do or have fought with the UFC. He defeated 16 fighters in less than 2 and half years without a loss. He has been a multi-divisional champ with 7 successful defenses and has been one of the top larger fighters in one of this countries more established, talent producing organizations. Why can't he beat a single fighter in the UFC or Brandon Vera for that matter is what I wonder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!   Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Lopez calls out Vera LOL!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next