Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.

Go down 
+5
marbleheadmaui
Diego408
gomez1012
hardcoreBEE24
Canvas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. Empty
PostSubject: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:02 am

I am so freakin' mad. I have been hanging on to my showtime subscription for months now waiting for Ward/Dirrell and Froch/AA.

Abraham vs Froch was the fight I was most anticipating in boxing. I am getting sick of this shit.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30905
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

The super six has really turned out to be a huge disaster. We will never see tourney style like this again. It has to be single elimination in order for it to work out properly. Live and learn. I hope this doesn't discourage future tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am

This is just devastating news. I think it is likely a legit injury. Love him or hate him, Froch is a warrior.

Ward and Dirrell are just despicable pansies with no integrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 am

Well that sucks
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
The super six has really turned out to be a huge disaster. We will never see tourney style like this again. It has to be single elimination in order for it to work out properly. Live and learn. I hope this doesn't discourage future tournaments.

+1

We'll see how the Bantamweight tourney works out for Showtime

They have the fights set for Dec 11
Perez-Agbeko
Mares-Darchinyan

Then in early 2011 have 1st and 3rd place match
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

So is Showtime postponing to pair it with Ward-Dirrell or the tourney just going to hell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
So is Showtime postponing to pair it with Ward-Dirrell or the tourney just going to hell?
Wouldnt it be nice if they put it on the same night?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:00 pm

It would be, hopefully thats the case

I just cant see these guys breaking their contracts and having Showtime on their ass for it??

Would they really do that???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
It would be, hopefully thats the case

I just cant see these guys breaking their contracts and having Showtime on their ass for it??

Would they really do that???
You never know with fighters. I didnt think Allan Green was dumb enough to fuck over ESPN and he did now he will never be on it again.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

True, but screwing over the 2nd biggest boxing network is not the best move for your career
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
True, but screwing over the 2nd biggest boxing network is not the best move for your career
Not to mention they will get sued by showtime and have to pay them not to fight. These guys are dumb as shit.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm not heart broken about it now since all the bad news that keeps occuring every month about the Super 6. I looked foward to this bout but nothing now can surprise me.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

WThese guys shouldn't keep getting injured. I mean what about the superior training methods, and the value of long camps and few fights, and all the nutritional and supplement insights?

And the unicorns and cotton candy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:53 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
WThese guys shouldn't keep getting injured. I mean what about the superior training methods, and the value of long camps and few fights, and all the nutritional and supplement insights?

I heard he got cut by the unicorns horn.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I genuinely don't know if I am being unfair here or not. I suspect reading boxing history temporary delays in fights due to minor injuries probably wouldn't be big enough news to be a theme. Maybe fights 50 years ago were as commonly delayed/cancelled by injuries as they are today.

But I DO know that since 1970 my memory says there is more of this going on now than I have ever seen before. I really suspect that the lack of activity is causing these injuries. Or that these men aren't hurt at all and injuries are now the useful excuse for promotional decisions.

Or I am completely full of it. Wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I genuinely don't know if I am being unfair here or not. I suspect reading boxing history temporary delays in fights due to minor injuries probably wouldn't be big enough news to be a theme. Maybe fights 50 years ago were as commonly delayed/cancelled by injuries as they are today.

But I DO know that since 1970 my memory says there is more of this going on now than I have ever seen before. I really suspect that the lack of activity is causing these injuries. Or that these men aren't hurt at all and injuries are now the useful excuse for promotional decisions.

I think that the top fighters do this a lot more also. It seems like when they are younger and hungry they will fight through injuries but as soon as they get big money the stakes go up a bit and they are unwilling to risk it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:13 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I think that the top fighters do this a lot more also. It seems like when they are younger and hungry they will fight through injuries but as soon as they get big money the stakes go up a bit and they are unwilling to risk it.

Combine that with going in and out of top shape dues to lack of activity and you could well be right.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Froch is saying 2 months to rest his back? What the hell could he have done to his back to need 2 months rest?

The problem is not with the tournament. The tournament structure is excellent (much better than single elimination) The problem is with today's fighters.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Canvas wrote:
Froch is saying 2 months to rest his back? What the hell could he have done to his back to need 2 months rest?

The problem is not with the tournament. The tournament structure is excellent (much better than single elimination) The problem is with today's fighters.

Good point on the two months.
I think the one problem with the tourney is too long between fights. Time equals uncertainty/stuff happeneing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Combine that with going in and out of top shape dues to lack of activity and you could well be right.
That is a huge thing. Has anyone ever done research on how the body handles that? I would think that your body would eventually give out at times.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

That is a huge thing. Has anyone ever done research on how the body handles that? I would think that your body would eventually give out at times.

I don't know the answer. It SEEMS that at the elite levels of sport we have learned that staying in shape is a key to longevity. But I don't know if anyone has done a study. Maybe you can't really do one. Outside of boxing I just can't think of many top athletes who don't stay in at least good shape year round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I don't know the answer. It SEEMS that at the elite levels of sport we have learned that staying in shape is a key to longevity. But I don't know if anyone has done a study. Maybe you can't really do one. Outside of boxing I just can't think of many top athletes who don't stay in at least good shape year round.
Baseball? Maybe your right about that I cant really think of one either.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Baseball? Maybe your right about that I cant really think of one either.

Even in baseball the fitness ethic has taken over. Maybe some pitchers still let things go. Some football lineman too maybe.

But my guess is the competition is just too rough and too closely bunched. Guys either stay in shape or they get weeded out through injury or lack of performance.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:29 pm

The guys getting hurt in this tournament are old from a boxing standpoint. All the injuries were to the guys above thirty. Froch is a fitness freak who's claim to fame so to speak was his conditioning. Maybe the guys from yesteryear got hurt less because they would've been considered ancient at 33 and probably would have already been retired. I know that there are examples to counter my claim but by and large most guys were already done by 33.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
The guys getting hurt in this tournament are old from a boxing standpoint. All the injuries were to the guys above thirty. Froch is a fitness freak who's claim to fame so to speak was his conditioning. Maybe the guys from yesteryear got hurt less because they would've been considered ancient at 33 and probably would have already been retired. I know that there are examples to counter my claim but by and large most guys were already done by 33.

GREAT POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.   NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight. Empty

Back to top Go down

NOOOO!!!! Froch injured, postpones AA fight.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next