Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can we call Wlad the man at HW?

Go down 
+3
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Can we call Wlad the man at HW? Empty
PostSubject: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 am

Because of his brother can we call Wlad the man? Also if we can when did he become the man at HW?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:26 am

I honestly think Vitali is and has been
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:26 am

Sam Peter and Arreolla alone were better opponents than anything Wlad has had in the last 5 years
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:42 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Because of his brother can we call Wlad the man? Also if we can when did he become the man at HW?

I don't know what we do about the Wlad-Vitali situation. I guess I give them a pass.

I think Wlad is the man to the extent the family relationship permits it. As of when? I'll punt and accept Ring Magazine's judgement that he became the man when he defeated Chagaev.

I guess.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:44 am

I shed a tear for the division if the winner of Klitschko vs Ibragimov tap session is considered the man

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Of course. When Wlad #1 defeated Chagaev #2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Sam Peter and Arreolla alone were better opponents than anything Wlad has had in the last 5 years
See Vitali is the problem for Wlad to me but did Wlad become the MAN when he beat Chris Bryd?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:06 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I don't know what we do about the Wlad-Vitali situation. I guess I give them a pass.

I think Wlad is the man to the extent the family relationship permits it. As of when? I'll punt and accept Ring Magazine's judgement that he became the man when he defeated Chagaev.

I guess.
So he was not the MAN when he beat Bryd?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Wlad became the "man" when he started tagging Hayden. As for being the man in boxing, I begrudgingly give it to him.

The better question is who wins between Big and Baby Bro??? At this point, I take Baby Bro because he will keep Big Bro at bay with the jab (and Vitali isn't the same fighter he was 18 months ago). There will be some tough moments but Baby Bro won't need any tirades from Manny as Big Bro brings out his inner warrior.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I guess.

Geeze I don't think so. What possible claim to being the man did Chris Byrd ever have? Lennox had become lineal champ when he beat Shannon Briggs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:24 pm

As much as it hurts me to say this but Wladimir is the man at HW right now Mad
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Wlad beat Povetkin, Chagaev, and Chambers, - those three outside of Vitali are likely the best heavyweights in he world.

also Ring world champ.

It's time for the great Vitali to end his career, but it appears he is going to back track on his plan to retire at the end of 2010 and instead face Adamek in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Byrd is definitely still Wlads biggest win IMO

Byrd is very underrated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm

This is when he became THE MAN.

Can we call Wlad the man at HW? Hayden-panetteire-wladimir-klitschko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:58 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I guess.

Geeze I don't think so. What possible claim to being the man did Chris Byrd ever have? Lennox had become lineal champ when he beat Shannon Briggs.
My thing about this is that at the time He was coming off the win over Peter then he took out the longest reigning champ in Chris Byrd. So he now held 3 trinkets. I know that does not mean much but does that not make him the man at that point? I mean in 2005 who was the number 2 behind him? It would have had to be Bryd. Then in 2006 he beat Byrd the number two guy right?

I would look it up but every site I try is blocked by our school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I guess.

My thing about this is that at the time He was coming off the win over Peter then he took out the longest reigning champ in Chris Byrd. So he now held 3 trinkets. I know that does not mean much but does that not make him the man at that point? I mean in 2005 who was the number 2 behind him? It would have had to be Bryd. Then in 2006 he beat Byrd the number two guy right?

From Cyberboxingzone-

Year End 2006

Champ: Vacant
1-Wlad Klit
2-Oleg Maskaev
3-Sam Peter
4-James Toney
5-Shannon Briggs
6-Sergei Liakhovich
7-Lamon Brewster
8-Nicolay Valuev
9-Ruslan Chagaev
10-John Ruiz

Year End 2005

1-Chris Byrd
2-Hasim Rahman
3-James Toney
4-Lamon Brewster
5-John Ruiz
6-Monte Barrett
7-Calvin Brock
8-Wlad Klit
9-Sam Peter
10-Nicolay Valuev

Year End 2004

Champ: Vit Klit
1-Chris Byrd
2-John Ruiz
3-Hasim Rahman
4-James Toney
5-Monte Barrett
6-Andrew Golota
7-Fres Oquendo
8-Jameel McCline
9-Corrie Sanders
10-Lamon Brewster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I guess.

From Cyberboxingzone-

Year End 2006

1-Wlad Klit
2-Oleg Maskaev
3-Sam Peter
4-James Toney
5-Shannon Briggs
6-Sergei Liakhovich
7-Lamon Brewster
8-Nicolay Valuev
9-Ruslan Chagaev
10-John Ruiz

Year End 2005

1-Chris Byrd
2-Hasim Rahman
3-James Toney
4-Lamon Brewster
5-John Ruiz
6-Monte Barrett
7-Calvin Brock
8-Wlad Klit
9-Sam Peter
10-Nicolay Valuev

Year End 2004

Champ: Vit Klit
1-Chris Byrd
2-John Ruiz
3-Hasim Rahman
4-James Toney
5-Monte Barrett
6-Andrew Golota
7-Fres Oquendo
8-Jameel McCline
9-Corrie Sanders
10-Lamon Brewster
So he was ranked that high when Wlad took him out. I thought my memory was correct. But still was he officially the MAN when he beat Byrd?
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:11 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
This is when he became THE MAN.

Can we call Wlad the man at HW? Hayden-panetteire-wladimir-klitschko
I hate you Wlad. I hate you.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:12 pm

He's the man by default.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
He's the man by default.
I dont think that has ever happened in Boxing. LOL
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
He's the man by default.
I dont think that has ever happened in Boxing. LOL

Not a good testimony of the HW division as it now stands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

He officially became the man in 2009.

August 2009

Champ: Wlad Klit
1-Vit Klit
2-Alex Povetkin
3-Eddie Chambers
4-Ruslan Chagev
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Chris Arreola
7-David Haye
8-John Ruiz
9-Denis Boytsov
10-Alex Dimitrenko

Year End 2008

1-Wlad Klit
2-Vit Klit
3-Ruslan Chagaev
4-Alex Povetkin
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Sultan Imbragimov
7-Samuel Peter
8-Oleg Maskaev
9-Juan Carlos Gomez
10-Alex Dimitrenko

Year End 2007

1-Wlad Klit
2-Samuel Peter
3-Oleg Maskaev
4-Ruslan Chagaev
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Sultan Imbragimov
7-Sergei Liakhovich
8-Vladimir Virchis
9-Tony Thompson
10-Alex Povetkin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
He officially became the man in 2009.

August 2009

Champ: Wlad Klit
1-Vit Klit
2-Alex Povetkin
3-Eddie Chambers
4-Ruslan Chagev
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Chris Arreola
7-David Haye
8-John Ruiz
9-Denis Boytsov
10-Alex Dimitrenko

Year End 2008

1-Wlad Klit
2-Vit Klit
3-Ruslan Chagaev
4-Alex Povetkin
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Sultan Imbragimov
7-Samuel Peter
8-Oleg Maskaev
9-Juan Carlos Gomez
10-Alex Dimitrenko

Year End 2007

1-Wlad Klit
2-Samuel Peter
3-Oleg Maskaev
4-Ruslan Chagaev
5-Nicolay Valuev
6-Sultan Imbragimov
7-Sergei Liakhovich
8-Vladimir Virchis
9-Tony Thompson
10-Alex Povetkin
I guess, I just dont understand the reason.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Looking at the fighters on that list makes me want to vomit.
Back to top Go down

WinstonSmith wrote:
Looking at the fighters on that list makes me want to vomit.
LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we call Wlad the man at HW?   Can we call Wlad the man at HW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we call Wlad the man at HW?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next