Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corrie Sanders vs Wlad

Go down 
+2
Tobe06
WinstonSmith
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Corrie Sanders vs Wlad Empty
PostSubject: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:50 am

Was that just luck? Or was Sanders a waste of talent?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 am

I considered Sanders a good HW and nothing more.He merely exposed Wlad's weak whiskers.Rumor has it Sanders took his golf game more seriously than his boxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
I considered Sanders a good HW and nothing more.He merely exposed Wlad's weak whiskers.Rumor has it Sanders took his golf game more seriously than his boxing.
Thats the same thing I have heard too. I wonder how good he really was?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:16 am

I have read where he golfs with his friend Ernie Els and at one time was good enough to have been on the PGA tour.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

Never forget that one - Wlad just had no answers for the big left hand that night! I'd never seen Sanders before and, based on his flabby body, was sure he was just another bum they served up in Germany to build up the Klits.

Remember Vitali getting in Corrie's face after the fight and yapping; calling him out? Laughing That was weak; one of the few non-sportsmanlike acts I've seen from the bros.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 am

Tobe06 wrote:
Never forget that one - Wlad just had no answers for the big left hand that night! I'd never seen Sanders before and, based on his flabby body, was sure he was just another bum they served up in Germany to build up the Klits.

Remember Vitali getting in Corrie's face after the fight and yapping; calling him out? Laughing That was weak; one of the few non-sportsmanlike acts I've seen from the bros.

Vitali had a habit of avenging his brothers KO losses.he did the same thing with Ross Purity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:36 am

Vitali is staying around incase Wlad gets clipped again.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

Vitali had a habit of avenging his brothers KO losses.he did the same thing with Ross Purity.

Yeah - that's what I mean by weak. Since when does your brother's win count as vengance? Wlad should have taken the rematches if he wanted to prove something. Could have easily beat both guys with a little time in the gym correcting flaws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 am

Tobe06 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

Yeah - that's what I mean by weak. Since when does your brother's win count as vengance? Wlad should have taken the rematches if he wanted to prove something. Could have easily beat both guys with a little time in the gym correcting flaws.

+1 I hate it too, this is boxing not the school yard where you get your brother to beat up the bully.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 am

Tobe06 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

I'm not sure Wlad's weak chin is correctable,although he seems to not get hit as cleanly as he used to.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 am

Yeah - that's what I mean by weak. Since when does your brother's win count as vengance? Wlad should have taken the rematches if he wanted to prove something. Could have easily beat both guys with a little time in the gym correcting flaws. [/quote]

I'm not sure Wlad's weak chin is correctable,although he seems to not get hit as cleanly as he used to.[/quote]

Yeah, but he just couldn't deal with the straight left hand from the southpaw. He could have done some work on avoiding those shots in the gym, and Sanders really didn't have much else.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Sanders blitzed Wlad from the get go, it was over from there
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:26 pm

i remember being so happy after this fight. i knew that wlad had no chin and was waiting for someone to expose it. sanders wasnt a good fighter. he just had the style to beat wlad. anybody who is somewhat bigger that will come forward and throw will beat wlad.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Sanders was a big, athletic, talented guy. Wlad wouldn't have made the improvements he's made without that loss is my guess.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Who trained Wlad before Steward?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Boxrec says Fritz Sdunek. I've no idea who that is.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 pm

vitali also had a hard time against sanders. sanders could have been good but as some metioned the guy was into golf and he also owns (or at least he did before) land with plenty of game and loves to go hunting.
Back to top Go down

gomez1012 wrote:

Waasn't it the guy who trains Vitali ?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:59 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Sdunek

yep, Fritz Sdunek

Trains Vitali like Ali said and worked with Dariusz Michalczewski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrie Sanders vs Wlad   Corrie Sanders vs Wlad Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrie Sanders vs Wlad
Page 1 of 1