Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked

Go down 
+6
Canvas
captainanddew
Birdofthad
gomez1012
hardcoreBEE24
marbleheadmaui
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 am

Ring Magazine has FINALLY ranked heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in the pound for pound top ten, at number 10.

This is LOOOOONG overdue and I still think he is ranked too low. The man has beaten something like eight ranked fighters in a row whereas say the more highly ranked Shane Mosely looked shot in his only fight in the last 18 months. Or how about Nonito Donaire? Two of his last three foes were coming off losses and the other guy just got waxed by Montiel in three rounds. Since he beat Darchyinian THREE years ago the guy has ONE win over a ranked guy and NONE in the last two years. Yet somehow he's moved into the #4 slot? REALLY????????

Better late than never for Wlad I guess.

Oh yeah the p4p top ten just got OLDER with an average age now of 33 and only one guy under 28, Nonito Donaire at 27. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring Magazine has FINALLY ranked heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in the pound for pound top ten, at number 10.

This is LOOOOONG overdue and I still think he is ranked too low. The man has beaten something like eight ranked fighters in a row whereas say the more highly ranked Shane Mosely looked shot in his only fight in the last 18 months. Or how about Nonito Donaire? Two of his last three foes were coming off losses and the other guy just got waxed by Montiel in three rounds. Since he beat Darchyinian THREE years ago the guy has ONE win over a ranked guy and NONE in the last two years. Yet somehow he's moved into the #4 slot? REALLY????????

Better late than never for Wlad I guess.

Oh yeah the p4p top ten just got OLDER with an average age now of 33 and only one guy under 28, Nonito Donaire at 27. Just sayin'.

Good for Wlad, his brother should be on there too.

As for the bold, Shane is a partner in Golden Boy which owns the publication that creates the ranking.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 pm

I really dont get Donaire's ranking, been arguing that for months
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
I really dont get Donaire's ranking, been arguing that for months

Yeah, I mean doesn't a fighter actually have to DO SOMETHING?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

yep

His best opponent is probably Concepcion who he struggled with

Was previously KO'd by Arce and Montiel had no problem with

I just dont see it scratch
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm

ZVitali should be higher IMO
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Ring's P4P are done via a voting panel. The panel is made up of boxing writers (for the most part). The problem is these jokers vote for guys like Mosley. Mosley being in Golden Boy has nothing to do with it.

How many boxing writers buck the conventional wisdom??? If you go from Ring, to maxboxing, to boxingscene, to yahoo sports. to newspaper writers, you see alot of the same sort of stories and ideas.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Everyone here already knows my contempt for p4p discussions, and the passionate arguments they nearly always inspire.

but,

If I were to pay any attention to that nonsense, I would be disgusted that Wlad is not in the top 5 for months now....same can be said for Vitali
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Wlad has dominated the HW division every since Manny took over his training and I agree he should be ranked in the top 10. Long time coming.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 pm

It's about time Wlady got some recognition, good job by Ring.
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Wlad in the top 10 P4P shows boxing is in some serious trouble. Just keeping it real....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
Wlad in the top 10 P4P shows boxing is in some serious trouble. Just keeping it real....
Yes and no. It means the HW division is in trouble. Wlad has done enough to get there.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:
Yes and no. It means the HW division is in trouble. Wlad has done enough to get there.

It also means there aren't enough guys doing enough in the better divisions to keep him out. Not great news.

But again, NONE of that is Wlad's fault. He is doing everything I could reasonably ask.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

It also means there aren't enough guys doing enough in the better divisions to keep him out. Not great news.

But again, NONE of that is Wlad's fault. He is doing everything I could reasonably ask.]
True but those guys who could bump him out cant avoid big fights forever.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

I dunno. Nonito Donaire is 28 and hasn't had a big fight in three freaking years! WTF?????????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

I dunno. Nonito Donaire is 28 and hasn't had a big fight in three freaking years! WTF?????????????
I think he fights a big fight next year maybe Vic or Montiel. For some reason I think he will I dont know why because he give me zero reason to think that.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Hillsicc303 wrote:

I think he fights a big fight next year maybe Vic or Montiel. For some reason I think he will I dont know why because he give me zero reason to think that.

It's just weird how his rep has gone through the roof while he's done almost nothing isn't it?

Just one of 6,723 things I fail to understand at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:10 am

What a joke, Ring's rankings are now irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am

completely agree Ali

Ive been down on them for a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 am

Three guys shouldn't be in Ring's pound for pound.

Shane Mosley
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Wladimir Klitschko
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

let's use mine instead

1. Floyd
2. JMM
3. Wlad
4. Sergio
5. Montiel
6. Manny (at 147 he's given up all his advantages)
7. Wonjonkam
8. Williams
9. Vitali
10. Bradley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

let's use mine instead

1. Floyd
2. JMM
3. Wlad
4. Sergio
5. Montiel
7. Wonjonkam
8. Williams
9. Vitali
10. Bradley

You should do stand up comedy Marble.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:37 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

let's use mine instead

1. Floyd
2. JMM
3. Wlad
4. Sergio
5. Montiel
7. Wonjonkam
8. Williams
9. Vitali
10. Bradley

You should do stand up comedy Marble.

Hey, I'll be here all week! Who you gonna replace them with? Nonito "I haven't fought anyone in three years" Donaire? Lucian "my big win is over Librado Andrade" Bute? Omar "I can't find my way out of Argentina" Navarez?

What we really need to concede at the moment is we have 3-4 guys who REALLY warrant p4p respect and the rest are just filling slots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:38 am

I don't even know who Omar Navarez is lol.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I don't even know who Omar Navarez is lol.

Argentine 115 who is like 35-0 and has some silly number of strap defenses like 16 at 112 and has beaten I think 2 ranked guys his whole career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked   FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked Empty

Back to top Go down

FINALLY Wlad Gets Ranked
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next