Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After Diego I think the best test for BJ......

Go down 
+9
muayjitsu
oggy420
Jruq
MikeyLikesIt
NoRegret
Farmer1906
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... Empty
PostSubject: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:51 pm

is Nate Diaz. I just don't see the wrestlers at 155(Maynard or Edgar) being able to take down and control BJ, and either guy would get mushed in the stand up.

Nate is a willing and able standup fighter. and unlike flo, I believe he would actually take advantage of his reach.

Could BJ outwrestle or out BJJ Nate, I guess, but Penn like's to keep fights standing.

Now Im not saying Nate is ready right now, nor am I saying he wins if they fight, but I think he matches up better then the wrestlers.

Problem I see is that Nate has had troubles with wrestlers so may never actually earn a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Nate has no shot. His wrestling is terrible, BJ's is awesome, and his BJJ and striking are light years behind Penn. Even if somehow he could use his reach and started tagging BJ, BJ would just take him down and punish him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:57 pm

No...
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:59 pm

After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... Leave_The_Internet
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

whatever, but the idea of the 155 wrestlers being able to beat BJ is pretty rediculous as well, yet you guys are acting like Maynard has a shot.

And Nate's wrestling is not terrible, guys have controlled him but he has taken very little punishment in those fights.

I'd like to see Nate vs Flo next.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 pm

and this is assuming he gets past Diego...which will be a tough fight all in its own.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 pm

NoRegret wrote:
and this is assuming he gets past Diego...which will be a tough fight all in its own.

Oh no doubt, Diego is probably the last of the true tests at 155. but I think he has a def shot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Edgar, Diego and Maynard are all legitimate challenges. What is this nonsensery?
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Nate just lost to freaking Joe Daddy. He has NO chance against any of the top guys in that division.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:40 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Nate just lost to freaking Joe Daddy. He has NO chance against any of the top guys in that division.

as they say styles make fights, and Joe Daddy's style, as did Guida's give's Nate problems(although they caused little damage), but a guy who likes to stand like Penn would allow Nate to show his standup. Also penn not being a grind it out type wrestler wouldn't put Nate in the same situation's those other guys did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... Leave_The_Internet

LOL
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm

What on earth could Nate do to Penn?

Nate would lose to stand up. BJ is better.

Nate would have zero chance of taking it to the ground. BJ's take down defense is better than anyones....ever.

If BJ decided to take Nate down, Nate would then proceed to get subbed and GnPed because BJ is better there too.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Edgar, Diego and Maynard are all legitimate challenges. What is this nonsensery?

The "the wrestler's, ie Edgar and Maynard have a shot" argument is based off the GSP loss. Yet we have already written that loss off as something that should not be used when looking at Penn's fights at 155. Penn's takedown defense is still top notch, and just because a very large 170er, who is considered by some as the best wrestler in MMA, was able to take down and maul a not in great shape Penn we should not then see Penn as being vulnerable to wrestlers at 155. I tend to think the guys who depend on their wrestling are the easiest prey for Penn at 155 because of his takedown defense.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Ya except Gray Maynard maybe a better MMA wrestler than GSP even and is probably the best wrestler in the UFC after Couture, who he trains with.

Gray could take GSP down. I am serious.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
What on earth could Nate do to Penn?

Nate would lose to stand up. BJ is better.

Nate would have zero chance of taking it to the ground. BJ's take down defense is better than anyones....ever.

If BJ decided to take Nate down, Nate would then proceed to get subbed and GnPed because BJ is better there too.

Penn wants to keep it standing so I see it very much like the Flo fight, but I don't see Nate being totally retarded and deciding that his best chance to win is to refuse to throw jabs and use his reach and instead throw that reach advantage out the window by trying to pin Penn up against the fence.

Do I have Nate winning the fight? no, but I give him a better shot then the guys who depend on their wrestling, even if those wrestling guys could beat Nate.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya except Gray Maynard maybe a better MMA wrestler than GSP even and is probably the best wrestler in the UFC after Couture, who he trains with.

even if he were a better wrestler(and I have no clue where this has been shown) he is still way smaller then GSP.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:13 pm

You're philosophy toward BJ is all wrong. Wrestlers are the only fighters who stand a chance against him. Lanky slow fighters with decent BJJ and slower and less powerful hands have no chance at all.

But as far as Nate goes, consider he was out wrestled handily by Joe, and Joe was mauled by both Florian and Penn. He has nothing for Penn on the ground. Not one thing.

And his stand up is hardly in BJ's league. This fight is an entire mismatch. Styles make fights, this is true, but you have to understand styles to comment.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You're philosophy toward BJ is all wrong. Wrestlers are the only fighters who stand a chance against him. Lanky slow fighters with decent BJJ and slower and less powerful hands have no chance at all.

But as far as Nate goes, consider he was out wrestled handily by Joe, and Joe was mauled by both Florian and Penn. He has nothing for Penn on the ground. Not one thing.

And his stand up is hardly in BJ's league. This fight is an entire mismatch. Styles make fights, this is true, but you have to understand styles to comment.

Is that that MMA math everyone keeps talking about?

Penn only likes to take it to the ground after he has pummelled his opponent in the standup first.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:42 pm

MMAth isn't a great recipe for success in predicting fights, unless you look at the fights and determine if the results of the fights are directly connected to comparable skillsets and you can use the fights themselves to extrapolate information directly pertaining to said fight in question.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 pm

This rule directly applied to the NFL as well.

"oh the cowboys beat the skins and lost to the eagles so ya, eagles beat the skins" - NO

However, "the cowboys ran all over the skins who have a really bad rush defense this year and are nearly last in the NFC in pressuring the QB, while the eagles O and unless you can pressure mcnabb and stop westbrook, you don't stand a chance, so ya, eagles beat the skins" - Then you're onto something.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Bj could walk through Nates punches, but is more likely to just dodge a jab and drop him with either hand. Or if he felt like it he could take him down and dominate him.

BJ would beat Nate where ever and however he wanted... then again that practically goes for everyone else at 155.

Diego is an interesting challenge for BJ, but if BJ trains like he did for Florian I don't see Diego having much of a chance either.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Jruq wrote:
Bj could walk through Nates punches, but is more likely to just dodge a jab and drop him with either hand. Or if he felt like it he could take him down and dominate him.

BJ would beat Nate where ever and however he wanted... then again that practically goes for everyone else at 155.

Diego is an interesting challenge for BJ, but if BJ trains like he did for Florian I don't see Diego having much of a chance either.

I give Diego a much better chance then Flo(this is hindsight to an extent). Cause I just don't see Diego midway through the 1st round resorting to a game plan which provides no chance of winning the way flo did. Diego will throw punches. He'll bring it, im pretty confident of that.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:39 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... 2lvh747
wolf=timmy
anyone who have ever watched mma=mercer
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 am

Gray's wrestling is as good as anyone. He almost always gets the takedown and is stronger than anyone else at the weight apart from maybe Diego. Couture says he has a hard time with Maynard's power and skills. I am not saying he could out wrestle GSP, what I am saying is his wrestling is close to if not better than his. Just wait. The Bully will show you.

Farmer you put Brock fuckin lesnar in a pound for pound list earlier and routinely speak nonsense out of turn. If anyone deserves a gif with poopy in it.....
After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... Poop

It's you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Diego I think the best test for BJ......   After Diego I think the best test for BJ...... Empty

Back to top Go down

After Diego I think the best test for BJ......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next