Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.

Go down 
+2
sugarrayhatton
4445Frank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. Empty
PostSubject: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Scene: The two figthers are staring each other down. The ref has concluded the final instructions. Then he says the followng words:

REF" "Okay, more more check for safety. Let me see your gloves. (Ref feels on Fighter A's gloves to make sure they're not loaded.) Ok, let me see your gloves. (Ref checks on Fighter B's gloves to make sure they're not loaded.) (The ref then motions for each trainer to check the opposite fighters gloves for safety. He then begins to speak again.) "Everybody Happy over here? (Fighter A's corner suggests they are) "Everybody Happy over here?" (Fighter B's corner suggests they are) Okay, LET'S GET IT ON!!!!

Now, whats so damn hard about that?
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 pm

it would work in cases such as luis resto, but for margarito? im not sure, who is to say you would have felt the plaster just by feeling the gloves? its the handwraps that need to be thoroughly checked before hand, which thankfully, they were in mosleys case
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:53 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
it would work in cases such as luis resto, but for margarito? im not sure, who is to say you would have felt the plaster just by feeling the gloves? its the handwraps that need to be thoroughly checked before hand, which thankfully, they were in mosleys case
You make a good point. It takes the plaster of Paris about 6 rounds to harden. The ref would have to check again in 6 rounds. Anything beats a dead fighter. Did you get the PM I sent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:54 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
Yeah too bad for Cotto though.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:55 pm

yea, 6 rounds.......damn, stuff is clicking in my head lol
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm

What if a rogue trainer has some chemical on his hands that he wipes on the supposed opponents glove. this chemical blinds his fighter and completes the ultimate double cross!!!!
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:12 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
What if a rogue trainer has some chemical on his hands that he wipes on the supposed opponents glove. this chemical blinds his fighter and completes the ultimate double cross!!!!

hahaha great point lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:56 pm

uggh they do this when the fighters enter the ring plus they check for mouth piece and cup

so 5 minutes later you want to do 1 more check? while they have been in front of you the whole time?

just curious
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
uggh they do this when the fighters enter the ring plus they check for mouth piece and cup

so 5 minutes later you want to do 1 more check? while they have been in front of you the whole time?

just curious
I've never seen a fighter busted for loading his gloves in a fight. There are two fights where I think it's safe to say this happened. One was the "Billy Collins vs. Luis Resto" fight. It's certain here that Resto loaded his gloves and was not caught before the fight. The 2nd is kind of obvious. Antonio Margarito vs. Cotto. There's probably more where they came from, however those are the only two I'm certain about. The checks you're talking about are incompetent (my Opinion). Margarito was caught by a trainer, not an official, the 2nd time he tried to use illegal objects. So yes, I think the measures need to be improved. It wasn't unheard of in the 70s and 80s for a fighter to have his gloves put on in the ring. I suspect there was also hand wrappings there too but I'm not certain (Marble would be.) however I think hand wrappings are a good idea. I don't even see why the trainer has to wrap the fighters hands. What ever the situation, I would re check in the 6th round, when "Plaster of Paris' is known to harden. I would go through hell and high water to prevent another Billy Collins from happening again.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 pm

considering you have no proof Cotto vs margo had loaded gloves

so why wasnt Margarito vs WIlliams a loaded fight same with Cintron

sorry you arent going to feel any plaster in a hand wrap ITS THE FIGHTERS JOB TO SEND SOMEONE TO THE DRESSING ROOM FOR THAT

the ref simply checks the cup, mouth piece, and glove padding
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
considering you have no proof Cotto vs margo had loaded gloves

so why wasnt Margarito vs WIlliams a loaded fight same with Cintron

sorry you arent going to feel any plaster in a hand wrap ITS THE FIGHTERS JOB TO SEND SOMEONE TO THE DRESSING ROOM FOR THAT

the ref simply checks the cup, mouth piece, and glove padding
You should read my post more carefully. Also, I won't argue the obvious about the AM - Cotto fight. See ya.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm

I did read it, sorry the billy collins ref obviously didnt do his job

everything you want done at the prefight stare down and glove touch is already done 5 minutes earlier in the ring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I did read it, sorry the billy collins ref obviously didnt do his job

everything you want done at the prefight stare down and glove touch is already done 5 minutes earlier in the ring
Bird whats wrong man? You seem to be in a bad mood today.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 pm

oh my friend fell down some stairs and fractured his skull not the greatest day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
oh my friend fell down some stairs and fractured his skull not the greatest day
Sorry man that sucks. Remember man we are all friends here. I hope your day gets much better dude.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:01 pm

ya he was about to sign his NFL contract to so hes gonna lose lotta oney probably, sucks

but honestly I just really disagree wtih Franks post, he basically is saying that the ref do the same thing he just did it would be like them giving the prefight instructions/stare down/touch gloves, go back totheir corners wait 5 minutes, come back and do it against to make sure there was no questions
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Sorry about your friend, Bird. The post is really not important compared to that.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:25 pm

thanks frank either way sorry for being an A hole

all your trying to do is make the fighters saafer and nothing is wrong withthat at all
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:44 am

4445Frank wrote:
Scene: The two figthers are staring each other down. The ref has concluded the final instructions. Then he says the followng words:

REF" "Okay, more more check for safety. Let me see your gloves. (Ref feels on Fighter A's gloves to make sure they're not loaded.) Ok, let me see your gloves. (Ref checks on Fighter B's gloves to make sure they're not loaded.) (The ref then motions for each trainer to check the opposite fighters gloves for safety. He then begins to speak again.) "Everybody Happy over here? (Fighter A's corner suggests they are) "Everybody Happy over here?" (Fighter B's corner suggests they are) Okay, LET'S GET IT ON!!!!

Now, whats so damn hard about that?

Heck let's just go back to the old days. The fighters come in in just their wraps and present them to the other fighter for inspection. Then they glove up in the ring. Take about five minutes.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:53 am

It would only be useful for after-the-fact situations, but I have always felt that both gloves and wraps should always be immediately cut off by a commission official after a fight and bagged in sealed evidence bags for inspection later on.

Might be a good deterrent for anyone thinking they can get away with shit. Think Margacheato would have done what he did if he knew his gloves and wraps would have been inspected after the fight?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 am

Last two were great ideas. I'd say do both of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.   A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing. Empty

Back to top Go down

A new idea for the Ref and a good one for boxing.
Page 1 of 1