Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"

Go down 
+5
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
thome_nerko
NoRegret
Farmer1906
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" Empty
PostSubject: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Quote :
“It was a brilliant performance put on by Anderson that was tainted by unnecessary showboating, I thought that was unsportsmanlike like – we don’t tolerate that sort of stuff at my gym. Forrest didn’t help his cause trying to stand with someone who we all knew coming into the fight was the more technical striker of the two. I think what it really comes down to in my opinion was bad coaching, with a better gameplan I believe Forrest would have made that fight a lot more competitive and done a lot better that he did. Not once did Griffin look to initiate the clinch or try for a takedown”

Xtreme Couture is usually one of the best when it comes to game planning, but Hughes may have a point
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Agreed. Good post farmer.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Cocky ass Hughes doesn't like showboating....boo hoo
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:24 pm

thome, you would have loved the 2nd part of that article
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, what did I miss?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Hughes wants to fight Anderson cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:28 pm

I want him to fight Anderson Silva too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Hughes is 100% correct.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 pm

He many pull a Coleman, shoot, grab a leg, and then have Anderson snap his arm while catching himself ala Shogun. queen
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Hughes is always a whiner full of ya buts and sour grapes. Anderson is electrifying. fuck him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Showboating doesn't bother me at all.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Showboating doesn't bother me at all.

well you are an Ali fan lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 pm

I don't really care about showboating but after he knocked Forrest down like the 2nd time, the extending of the hand was a little too much for me
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 pm

He's trying to be nice. He bows to his opponent too. To him, this is knockout sparring. I am serious. He's an adult in a world full of children.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:23 am

Forest just should have prayed more Hughes, you're missing the point.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Anderson is a confusing guy... Showboating followed by an extended hand followed by showboating... Hell of a fighter, but I think he's kind of an idiot.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't really care about showboating but after he knocked Forrest down like the 2nd time, the extending of the hand was a little too much for me

I agree. I see that as him being condescending to his opponent, not respectful. Its an attempt to "big brother" your opponent, like someone walking up to you and rubbing your head saying "hey kiddo." If Silva were losing a fight, I would bet anything that he wouldnt extend his hand like that. To me, its rubbing it in the guy's face.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Like I said, he's an adult in a world of of children. I likened it to when me and my seven year old spar and I knock him down, and he won't take my hand as he rises with tears in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"   Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight" Empty

Back to top Go down

Hughes on the Forrest/Anderson "fight"
Page 1 of 1