Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"

Go down 
+3
redvexx8
Andrew the Raider King
Ninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Quote :
"I'm feeling horrible right now, so I'll take anything to perk me up a little bit [being the number one contender]. I got cut in the fight. I got knocked out in the fight. I got choked in the fight. It was a miserable 15 minutes.... This is the Ultimate Fighting Championship. So while these guys are out there swinging a sledgehammer and flipping a tire around I'm throwing fists at a partners head, neck and chest. I'm fighting in practice everyday. I'm working on fighting things. I'm not spending my time on health or Anthony Robbins, screaming the word 'Yes!' over and over.... I never would have tapped [in the third round], but I was very close going to sleep. I was on my way out.... It was tight.... I would prefer to fight Anderson over Vitor [later this year] even though I think Vitor is the better fighter. Vitor has never lost a fight that was stand up. Not one ever. And I'm a Vitor fan. So I would know. The blueprint to beat Vitor is out there, but it's never been done by a stand up guy. It's been done by a guy who can push, pull and pummel him down there. The one weapon that Anderson's missing..... Anderson is fantastic. He's the champion of the world for a reason. I get that. I'm not delusional. I'd rather have Anderson who's big and tall and those long legs that I can come out and run over than Vitor. It will be a verbal beatdown [before the fight]. Anderson Silva will be in tears before it's all over.... This guy is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster. And if he needs me to expose him then I will. As far as him being the bully on the playground, his 15 minutes are up.... I've got to go get some rest. I feel horrible."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/7/1299523/chael-sonnen-ready-to-myth-bust
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:48 pm

For some reason I am liking Sonnen more and more since his post-fight press conference.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Off the top of my head Liddell and Overeem both whooped Vitor standing.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Well at least he's kind funny, especially with the Diego Sanchez reference.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 pm

I like this guy. He's become one of my favorites over the past few weeks. I could've listened to him answer questions at the post conference all night lol
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:17 am

He sounds like such a tool, but in a hilarious way.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:56 am

How about this for a fresh contribution to this discussion?

I hope Chael Sonnen wins.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

Me too King! It would be a refreshing change of pace for a discussion, outside of having to hear Wolf reference Fedor as the best P4P fighter all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"   Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster" Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen: "Anderson is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster"
Page 1 of 1