Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"

Go down 
+7
Farmer1906
Bigs03
SOKO
LA
NoRegret
captain organic
OU
11 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" Empty
PostSubject: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/09/02/dan-henderson-anderson-silva-is-really-trying-not-to-fight-me-its-obvious/
"I think I’m the one guy that poses enough dangers [to Silva] style-wise. If I were his manager, I’d be trying not to have him fight me as well. I know that Anderson Silva is really trying not to fight me. It’s obvious. I think (Marquardt’s) right in line for a title shot as well, but I feel I’ve earned that already … Silva is the only fight that interests me at 185. I said that before Nate’s fight … That’s a fight that more than likely will happen in the future, but I think right now, from the UFC’s standpoint, they shouldn’t be having me and Nate fight each other. They’re going to get stuck without any new opponents for Anderson Silva."
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Is Dan aware that Spider already beat him?

The only danger Hendo poses to Silva is lay n pray. I know Hendo's a legend too, but I don't see any other way he beats Silva. Obviously the eye's closed bomb that KO'd Bisping won't work on the Champ.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:20 pm

captain organic wrote:
Is Dan aware that Spider already beat him?

The only danger Hendo poses to Silva is lay n pray. I know Hendo's a legend too, but I don't see any other way he beats Silva. Obviously the eye's closed bomb that KO'd Bisping won't work on the Champ.

lay and pray maybe, but Hendo isnt the type to just lay there. If he takes Silva down he's gonna ground and pound him pretty well...Hendo's werestling and overall strength would help him greatly on the ground.

I like hendo's chances in the fight if he can take Silva down.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Hendo would get schooled, I give Nate a better chance right now and it'd only be like a 10% chance at winning
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:05 pm

can nate hit as hard as hendo or was maja just caught. If nate can posses the ko power of dan I could care less who fights him I just like hendo's wrestling over nates jj.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Yeah Dan won the first round against Anderson via lay n pray. All he did was basically piss Anderson off and then in the second round Hendo paid for it. This time around I think Anderson finished him in the first.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Yeah Dan won the first round against Anderson via lay n pray. All he did was basically piss Anderson off and then in the second round Hendo paid for it. This time around I think Anderson finished him in the first.

Call me crazy but I think just the opposite. I think Hendo learned from his mistakes and it would not repeat the next time around. I think Hendo comes in with a better game plan and makes it interesting.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Call me crazy but I think just the opposite. I think Hendo learned from his mistakes and it would not repeat the next time around. I think Hendo comes in with a better game plan and makes it interesting.

What mistakes? deciding not to lay n pray was his mistake.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Nate is the more complete fighter at this point
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Who cares about punching power? Neither is skilled enough to last standing with Anderson and neither are going to land the big shot. Anderson just doesn't let himself take damage like that. His length and movement is too much, plain and simple.

Now Hendo does have a point about styles. Hendo can take those shots that dropped Forrest, close the distance, and get his gorilla hands on Anderson. All Hendo has to do is do what he did in round 1 for 3 rounds and the belt is his. Now that is easier said then done, but if someone is going to beat Anderson, it will be Hendo or some crazy sub from Maia who isn't anywhere near a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Who cares about punching power? Neither is skilled enough to last standing with Anderson and neither are going to land the big shot. Anderson just doesn't let himself take damage like that. His length and movement is too much, plain and simple.

Now Hendo does have a point about styles. Hendo can take those shots that dropped Forrest, close the distance, and get his gorilla hands on Anderson. All Hendo has to do is do what he did in round 1 for 3 rounds and the belt is his. Now that is easier said then done, but if someone is going to beat Anderson, it will be Hendo or some crazy sub from Maia who isn't anywhere near a title shot.
He'd have to survive the other 2 rounds as well. After Anderson gives up 1 takedown (like he did to Marquardt, Hendo, Leites and Lutter, he amakes adjustments. Holding him down for 1 round is possible, but 3 rounds is virtually impossible. Then of course there is surviving the other 2 rounds.

At the moment I would say Marquardt is the better fighter, especially standing up and would have the better chance against Silva, but it would still be a pretty bad chance.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Jruq wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

He'd have to survive the other 2 rounds as well. After Anderson gives up 1 takedown (like he did to Marquardt, Hendo, Leites and Lutter, he amakes adjustments. Holding him down for 1 round is possible, but 3 rounds is virtually impossible. Then of course there is surviving the other 2 rounds.

At the moment I would say Marquardt is the better fighter, especially standing up and would have the better chance against Silva, but it would still be a pretty bad chance

See is where I disagree. While Marqurdt's stand up may be better than Hendo's at this point, it isn't going to mater because Anderson's is that much better than either of theirs. Ultimately both fighters want this fight on the ground or at least not letting the Spider stay outside the picket. The difference in my mind is that Hendo can take Anderson's punches while closing the gap and Nate may not. Once the gap i9s closed Hendo can grind along the fence and dirty box or shoot for the take down. Nate only have his shoot, because I believe Anderson will do him dirty in the clinch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Jruq wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

At the moment I would say Marquardt is the better fighter, especially standing up and would have the better chance against Silva, but it would still be a pretty bad chance

See is where I disagree. While Marqurdt's stand up may be better than Hendo's at this point, it isn't going to mater because Anderson's is that much better than either of theirs. Ultimately both fighters want this fight on the ground or at least not letting the Spider stay outside the picket. The difference in my mind is that Hendo can take Anderson's punches while closing the gap and Nate may not. Once the gap i9s closed Hendo can grind along the fence and dirty box or shoot for the take down. Nate only have his shoot, because I believe Anderson will do him dirty in the clinch.

I think I agree. Neither guy is touching Spider in the standup, Hendo has a slightly better shot of taking the fight to the ground and being effective, yet even that is unlikely. And that all goes back to my point that Spider does not need to face both guys again. Let them fight each other and have one earn a rematch.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:32 pm

it sounds more like hendo obviously doesnt want to fight nate the great! thats just my opinion tho
Back to top Go down
RPup0123
RPup0123

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kalib Starnes

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 pm

I agree with Hendo. If Nate & Hendo had to fight eachother to earn a title shot, it would be over a year in between title defenses for Spider. Nobody else in the MW division desreves a shot over those 2 so you cant give somebody else a shot while we wait for the winner of Nate-Hendo. IMO if Silva wants to stay a MW then he needs to fight the #1 contenders, not demand that the #1 & #2 contenders fight eachother so he can go get bigger fights in a division(LHW) that he is too much of a puss to challenge the champion. If Hendo doesn't decide to strike with Spider, I think we could get to see Nate vs Hendo anyway, only for the belt sometime next spring or Summer.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Hendo said he would reject a Nate fight and look for one at LHW according to sporting news mobile.

A few days ago right after the Nate win I felt like he might be the better fight for Anderson. But now I am not so sure. I do know I would favor Nate in a head to head between the two slightly.

Hendo may be the better match up still for Anderson. Nate has the faster hands and better kicks and kickboxing skills, but chances are Anderson would still best him in a kickboxing exchange, but Henderson has the better clinch game where he could land shots and possibly unload a right or left while they break from the clinch. If it had as much speed on it as the ones he was tossing at 100 even Anderson if trapped against a cage and released would have a hard time totally dodging. Obviously, getting to mount would be one of the objectives of fighting him on the ground as his guard is dangerous with elbows and triangles, and I think Hendo might be able to do that more effectively.

Both are still tough fights for Anderson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"   Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious" Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendo "Silva is really trying not to fight me it's obvious"
Page 1 of 1